Connor Hughes: Jets Officially Agree to Bring Cro Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 10, 2015.

1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Dude if we land that stud OLB...We're looking at an All Time lister with this D

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's pretty much what a GM is forced to do here now. They know the alternative is to get fired.

I hope people get that all this money being spend had to be spent by rule.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

If we take an elite pass rusher in this draft, the rest is history. We might win 10 games just on the heels of our defense lol

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think its time to unleash my man IK.

Put him across Coples, sit back, and just watch plays get made.

Acad23 likes this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wait I thought Mariota was Geno 2.0? I'm confused.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Please post this over at the Buster Skrine thread. People aren't getting this lol.

7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Im torn between wanting MM, Cooper/White or a pass rusher

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I will admit that I am feeling the same but I have moved on from a WR. It's either Mariota or a PR

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Bowles knows exactly what he needs to run his system. Unfortunately for Rex his needs were not answered. Bowles can now rotate, add and subtract CB and play multiple packages to drive the O crazy. He has three starting caliber CB, and two young guys that hopefully will surprise the shit out of the dark siders this year. Good luck trying to find the open receiver. If our pass rush improves from a pretty good 2014 performance there will be very few QBs that can be successful against us.

Give me the stud OLB with the draft and we are super set for this year. A FS will emerge from the secondary talent we have. I'm betting on the Boston terrier.

PS notice that unlike Tanny, our spending spree is very well front loaded and the future years not guaranteed. If you don't perform, you are gone.

I can not believe all the cap concerns coming out by the expert fans after the barrage of bitching from the same folks 2 days before free agency even started. My money is on Mac the Knife that he knows damned well what he is doing.

BleedGreen89 likes this.
  10. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

We're gonna need a receiver...it doesnt have to be in round one but we need to find a young dynamic receiver somewhere. I dont believe either Marshall or Decker will play a full season

11. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

What makes me happy is just that the GM put us in a position that with the 6th overall pick in the draft we can SAFELY go BPA and while we do not know who will be there for us to take it will be either a QB, an amazingly talented OLB pass rusher, or a young first round talent wide reciever we have wanted for god knows how long.

LAJet and TonyMaC like this.
  12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I'd like to see the study itself.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Any would be good, but Mariotta has the largest potential to make a positive impact on the Jets long term ambitions.

14. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Would love to lock up gilchrist but it's not going to be too crippling if we just stick with Pryor, Allen, Jarret and a mid/round pick. At this point its just solidifying what could be an elite defense this year, especially with potential progress from so many young pieces like Pryor, coples, Demario and hopefully a stud edge rusher at the 6th pick

15. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Last year no one expected us to take pryor and the year before that no one expected richardson so the average jet fan who only studied the players likely to take were confused and therefor upset assuming we made a stupid choice... Luckily that is veeeery unlikely this year

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Dexter McDougle
    We're about to be too real, can't wait to learn from some greats ✈️ #JetUp #SavageSeasonComing #Grinding

yeah, thats about the only role you're gonna have Dex. and thats a good thing.

Professor likes this.
  17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Does he understand that Revis/Wilson/Walls won't be what the plan is? Or was he justifying why we did what we did?

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

That's his point. He's saying that what they're doing is not overkill, but actually necessary to fill out the other CB positions with quality guys in order to make investing in the HUGE one (Revis) pay off.

"You can't Revis/Kyle Wilson/Darrin Walls combo and expect it to work"

Or to put it another way, "if you sign Revis to that big contract, you're not going to get his value if you expect to skimp on the other CBs."

19. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Well the redskins and titans want mariotta, unless we trade it is impossible as of recent news.

20. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

UM, no that's not all he will be doing and no it is NOT a good thing if he just learns and never plays. Don't know what your beef is with him but he's a talented young player and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table.