Conklin plans on signing with the Jets (Signs with Browns)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 1, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s how you fix a huge problem

mrjet80 and dawinner127 like this.
  2. FJF

Assuming we get Thuney and not Conklin how’s this
    Becton
    Thuney
    Glasgow
    Winters
    Edoga
    I think the right side would still be a little weak. I like Thuney next to the rookie.
    Twitter verse says Douglas is comfortable with edoga at right tackle.

101GangGreen101 and dawinner127 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Signing Thuney, I would like. Signing him to a record-breaking deal, I would not like. That sounds too much like Mac/Johnsons seeking to make a splash.

4. NCJetsfan

That would be potentially an awesome left side of the OL. I do like the idea of Thuney being next to Becton. That should be an impenetrable wall. I'd be worried about the right side of the line caving in, and always having to run to the left. It might be better to put Thuney next to Edoga, however. I think Becton will fare better as a rookie than Edoga will in his second season.

It would be a LOT Of money tied up at the OG & C spots, however. It would be great if Edoga could develop into a solid starter, be it at RT or RG. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that, however. I'm not wild about keeping Winters, either. He can't stay healthy, and even healthy he's only around average (+/-).

#164 NCJetsfan, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s why I think the Jets are drafting a center along with an OT. Have those two spots on rookie contracts along with a guard like Thuney on a FA contract. The key question is if JD brings in a lesser OT by either bringing back Beachum or that Eagles tackle - can’t remember his name begins with V - to hold down LT and start the rookie at RT. Eventually the rookie moves over to LT and RT can be addressed later or continue to give Edoga reps at RT.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Vaitai, he'd be a great acquisition as long as the price isn't too high obviously.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Redskins just gave Scherff the franchise tag.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hopefully we could bring Beachum back at LT, grab Biadasz in the 3rd and push Winters for a spot.

Becton can move to the RT, let Edoga prove his worth and perhaps he becomes the RT next season. But the depth would be pretty good. 6, 7 men deep.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  9. FJF

I want beachum back too but it’s been so quiet regarding him I think it’s not happening .

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was just logging on to say the same. He was def a top 10 overall FA on everyone's board.

I really hope the reports of JD & the Jets planning to sign Conklin are true as he's a top 10-15 FA addition on everyone's board. I'd love Conklin. He's the best overall offensive lineman available. Coming here from Tennessee would instantly improve our offense.

Anthony Castonzo of Indy is someone I don't see too much talk about and some have him ranked higher as a FA than the likes of Thuney and Glasgow. Still only 31 years of age, a former 1st round pick and stands 6'7/307 lbs and plays the LT position with a lot of starting experience and a top 20 FA.

Jack Conklin and Anthony Castonzo would instantly improve both OT positions while allowing us to head into the draft looking for a 1st round WR Jeudy or Lamb and with our 2nd round pick and two high 3rd round picks (68 & 69) we could easily attack and address the middle of our O-Line with back to back to back Offensive Lineman @ LG/Center/RG and head into the 4th round (120) looking for either CB, OLB or another WR or chance of pace RB.

Imagine a draft of...
    WR= 1st round.
    LG = 2nd round.
    C = 3rd round.
    RG = 3rd round.
    WR/RB = 4th round.

We'd instantly head into 2020 with an improved offensive line behind a revamped offense. When's the last time we've experienced an offensive side of the ball driven draft? Now is the time for JD to strike. We've got a chance to land a superstar WR during the 1st round for the first time, in forever. Then we'll have a 2nd round pick and two very high 3rd round picks and a really high 4th rounder. Now is the time to address offense while Darnold's on a rookie contract.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

might be a good thing and we could get him very cheap. Hes decent against pass pro

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's def the best olinenan that we do have.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't see us landing Conklin and Castonzo. Both will cost a lot of money and the latter's probably staying in Indy.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

It may just have been a rumor, but I saw something a day or two ago that said that Beacham was looking to move on to another team. I hope it was just a rumor.

15. NCJetsfan

I gave a number of different reasons why, and you focus on only one?

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He was never an option but:

J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Or not.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Funny when they go 2.5 million shorter than everyone projects

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I had seen a range of 196 something to 201 something. Looks like they landed right in the middle but too many people focused on the high end.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Report: Titans May Use Franchise Tag on Jack Conklin Amid Derrick Henry Rumors

I really hope this isn't true and/or does not happen as I'm really in favor of making Conklin our one big name Free Agent @ a position of need (tackle) in order to begin the process of re-vamping our O-Line.