Conklin plans on signing with the Jets (Signs with Browns)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 1, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. Thank you. Robby Anderson will become a nightmare against opposing #2 CB's as one of the NFL's best deep threat speed burners.

Jeudy.
    Anderson.
    Crowder.
    Herndon.
    Bell.

Say hello to offensive pass catching playmakers @ every position. Heading into year 3 Darnold would have the weapons Sanchez could have only dreamed of heading into 2011.

Re-Sign Robby. Draft Jeudy or Lamb and focus on O-Line = hello to an awesome offense with a Franchise QB in Sam under center.

Putting Perriman within the same conversation as Anderson is absolutely clueless. But what do you expect from someone who doesn't even bother watching the games online? He doesn't watch them AT ALL.

Robby Anderson @ 14.8 yards per reception ranks 2nd all-time amongst Jet WR's all-time in average yards per reception only behind Don Maynard for the clueless one's who have no idea how awesome Robby Anderson truly is. And if he had a QB with time in the pocket for his routes to develop he'd become way more explosive than he ALREADY IS.

#201 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well that was quick. dude already played the Jets. Conklin to the Browns

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. Once again we were used as a way of gaining another teams interest.

Joe Douglas, a former O-Lineman himself, can't even land us a top tier FA Offensive Lineman lol.

fdcnyc likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We need to sign Beachum on a 1 year bridge deal for sure. Then draft an OT at #11 if possible.

I'd probably rather have Shell at RT than Edoga right now but both are garbage options. This is not good lol

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Edoga was better than shell. But we should bring beachum back for a year if we can. Fix the interior. Then look for upgrades in the draft

6. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Maybe Wayne 'effin' Hunter is available to play next year?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So even after last year's Browns nightmare, they're still a better destination than the Jets. If I'm Darnold, I'm requesting a trade.

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's on the low end per resident isn't it? I'm sure there are plenty of states receiving way more each year per resident. 2,3,4,5 even 20plus times more per resident. No?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

$62.4B is $62.4B.

Trump wants to spend less than that to mitigate the effects of the current pandemic. Just to put it in perspective. We send more money to Florida every year than the federal government wants to spend to save our society. Not sure which side of that equation is sicker.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

This probably belongs in the Politics or Bullshit forum but, the numbers used in those calculations usually don't take into account the high number of retirees drawing SS and Medicare, those would add a lot to fed. payments to the state. Federal money received, depending on which side is counting, usually counts grants and fed. contracts like those Raytheon and Lockheed Martin get. How much of NASA's $20+ Billion budget is included in federal money spent on Florida? Virginia and Maryland are always high on the list of states receiving more than they pay because of all the fed. contracts going their way.

TonyFtLaud and stinkyB like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

And he had to fight like hell to get that small amount passed. It's the sad reality. Life is cheap..

Meanwhile DC gets over $57,000 per resident

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm actually glad we didn't spend any big money on any of these big name O-lineman. When reports surfaced that both Conklin and NYJ had mutual interest with one another I absolutely loved the idea of brining in a strong offensive lineman.

But the more I've thought about it the more I'd rather begin to see Joe Douglas continue adding value role playing O-Lineman as he's done throughout FA while focusing our next two draft's on O-Line (although I really want Jeudy/Lamb @ 11).

If we land a Jeudy/Lamb I'd have no problem seeing JD go back to back to back O-Lineman during our 2nd round pick and both 3rd round picks before looking for edge come the 4th round with a hopefully sleeper of a pass rusher.

We bring in a 2nd & two 3rd round O-Limeman and over night JD would have created potential with a lot of training camp battles amongst offensive lineman.