Congratulations on your first Jet win coach Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FJF, Oct 13, 2019.

1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Finally a long awaited win. It was a joy to see Sam back, and it made everyone else up their game.

I have to congratulate Gase on his first win. However the fact that we only scored 3 in the second half needs to be a concern. Let’s keep this rolling.

2. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Well i have been critical, but give the man his due Gase managed to get the win. I didn't see it coming, great win and a great watch, the PI calls at the end looked like the refs had the cowboys on their bets this week. Lets hope it continues and we can put the god awful start of the season behind us. After Pats the schedule eases and if Sam can play more like that then we might have some more fun this season. Also loved how much we got to Dak, defense looking good. Roll on Monday night football.

3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Big win going to Monday night game where it will be more meaningful then if we re 0-5.
    Gase did pretty well. However I wished we had eaten more runs in the clock in 4th quarter.

Williams defense is what he is. Looks good at times and looks shaky at times. Defense is not going to win games for us. We need to score and we did.

Darnold would have had an awesome and best game as a Jet if he didn’t throw a costly pick. He is the difference maker. Carry on!!!!

ouchy likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not really.... I mean yeah, the Cowgirls got back into it. But if Darnold doesn't throw that awful pick it should've been 28-9 heading into the 4th quarter.

Even after that disastrous play and Dallas' touchdown to pull it within 5 though, the Jets were aggressively throwing downfield. In years past that would not have happened. they would've gone conservative and very well may have faded and lost the game. Those aggressive play calls paid off as that field goal drive to go up 8 was the difference in the game

5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'll say this about the Cowboys nearly making a comeback: They also nearly did so last week against a MUCH stronger Packers team. So that might not, in and of itself, reveal as much concern about the Jets as it appeared.

However, that being said, congrats to Gase, but this is where the rubber meets the road. We clearly saw that Darnold made a HUGE difference yesterday. Even with a no name O-line, terrible secondary (minus Adams), and no edge rushers, he managed to beat a very talented team. If Gase's team is unable to string together a decent amount of wins this season, and by "decent", I mean more than 5, than he's not the man for the job. It's put up or shut up time.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fyp.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If Sam made a better throw to Crowder we probably score 7 or bleed the clock out all the way. It was a relief to see them keep attacking and not go run-run-run-punt.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How about if the refs just call the blatant facemask we probably put the game away long before the final buzzer...

9. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This was a solid win, have to remember that this was a desperate Cowboys team that couldn't afford this loss. Cowboys have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and we kept up. Next week is a must win in my opinion--we are capable, especially if CJ plays

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I feel after yesterday that we finally have a coach that actually plays to win the game, not just says it, very refreshing imo.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Thank god Sam doesn't need coaching. Sam bails out coaches.

Gase was hired to develop Sam. Sam is actually saving Gase's job. There's a delicious irony to that. Sam is so good and so developed as an NFL quarterback that Gase, the obvious shit coach he is will be bailed out by Sam.

I have to say I have been overly critical of Mike McCarthy. Now I know why the Jets job was the only one he wanted. Sam wouldn't have exposed him.

SOJAZ, dawinner127 and Acad23 like this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Or they don't call bullshit DPI 4 times in the final drive, especially a major BS one on a 1st and 27

13. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

you think those refs were cowboys fans?

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I heard that the head official went to high school with Steven Jones.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it was a "make up call" from the play before, the block in the back call on Dallas. Both flags were trash.

that last drive was just a horrible job by the stripes. You had to know we couldn't have a good hard fought game without the referees making it about them, though. The NFL at its finest

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There were 3 things about Gase that encouraged me in this game.

The first was that we held back a TE or RB to block on many pass plays instead of always sending everyone out like buckshot. That alone made a big difference in the passing game/pass protection, and it showed.

The second was we borrowed a running play that GB used many times last week to gash the Cowboys. It helped us get a key first down and at least showed Gase did some film study and implemented what worked.

Both of these seemed to be missing the first 4 weeks, and its encouraging to see them.

The third was that the team seemed pumped and confident all the way through. There was no quit in us and that is a good reflection on the state of mind in our locker room. Maybe it had more to do with Sam coming back but it was good to see and I'll give Gase some of the credit.

Good win Gase.

twown and SOJAZ like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

FIFY.

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

...because these teams hold what kind of significance to the Jets? Last I checked, neither of those teams are the Jets. Neither of those teams have Gase as their HC. I hate arguments like this, it's irrelevant.

So far, if we are keeping score, your faith in Gase has ONE game to use as any measure of productivity for this team. The rest of us haven't forgotten the dreadful first quarter of this season. Especially from the offensive side of the ball.

I appreciate your Rah-Rah blind faith for a coach that hasn't earned any respect from us fans yet, but I'm comfortable in my stance, which is, I'll wait and see. I hope, but I predict failure at the end of this road.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Didn't you say the following:

You don't get a lot of slack when you don't have a great resume and you just struck out as the HC of our division rival.

I'm not sure why you hate the argument about other NFL teams since you have made the argument regarding your dislike of Gase?

I'm assuming you were being sarcastic about appreciating my Rah-Rah blind faith and that was sarcastic. Let me just say faith in either success or failure is based on a fantasy. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Just because you look like a tool today doesn't mean you won't be vindicated tomorrow and I will be a tool tomorrow. This isn't as clear cut as Jackie Polite being cut.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What ties do the teams you mentioned have with the Jets? Answer: None.

I know you're trying to be cute but if you read further into my post, I clearly state, NEITHER of those team are THE JETS, NEITHER of those teams have Gase as THEIR HC.

My statement has relevance due to the fact that I'm literally talking about the guy who currently holds the title of Head Coach of the New York Jets.

You want to talk about two teams that have absolutely ZERO relation to anything Jets related. You tried though. I'll give you that.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Good eye. Faith is perspective, not fantasy. For you, your perspective is just that, fantasy. However, it only holds true to you, not everyone around you. Certainly not I.

Past Performance does not guarantee the same, unless the same patterns that lead to the initial result never change. I'm seeing a lot of the same patterns, which is a good indicator of things to come. However, this past Sunday was also an indication of what things could be, so there is no guarantee. Consistency is key, I've seen more negative than good, which still leaves things in the red with me. Which is why I am still maintaining the.... "I'm going to wait and see" approach to things.

That latter, we basically agree, but with a few different wrinkles of philosophy from my perspective.