Concerts

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Savatage, Apr 18, 2022.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Shit, sorry to hear that.... it was weird for me. I started with a bad dry cough one night, but didnt feel sick. I thought it was the oak pollen... then it morphed each day, with the constant being headache, lethargy / brain fog. All the other stuff came and went. I waited a bit to get tested until I had to go in public for my other job. Stuck around 10 more days after that. I felt the same about "getting it out of the way"

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  2. stinkyB

well, that would suck

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s always thought to tell, for me anyway, since I moved to the south, the high humidity gives me allergies so bad. I get it the worst in summer, and with that little heat wave last week I thought at first that’s what it was. I haven’t had so much as a cold in probably 10-15 years outside of a stomach bug 5 or 6 years ago. Glad it’s over for both of us for now. Not Covid for me I guess, but at least a reminder to not let the guard down.

papapump and stinkyB like this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just saw Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets last week. Dude makes me feel young. But very good show nonetheless.

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Saw them a couple of years ago with Howe, White and Downes - they put on an amazing show, that tour they did one song from every album from Yes through Drama.
    The guy singing John something is really good, not Anderson but still really good.
    Close to the Edge is a masterpiece.

Saw Roger Waters a couple of nights ago and it was incredible, more than just a concert it was an experience.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Last night we saw Ringo Starr& his All Star Band at the Bridgeport amphitheater. It was freezing, but the band was great. Ringo at 82, is amazing at what he does. The band was outstanding as well.

barfolomew, Savatage and bicketybam like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Saw them a long time ago at Jones Beach; Nils Lofgren was running the band and they were very good. Highlight was right after intermission, grand piano on a dark stage and Joe Walsh did a solo of Desperado.

papapump likes this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I would have shot myself. Fucking Eagles are terrible, especially that song.

joe likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oh,those things that might have been...

10. stinkyB

Some good shows coming locally to the Amp
    Just got tickets to The Smile (Thom Yorke's other band; basically half of Radiohead) and Mastodon @abyzmul

#131 stinkyB, Feb 3, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Savatage likes this.
  11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Saw blackpink a while ago with my girl. I had no idea what they were singing but it was fun

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They aren't playing together, are they? I'd definitely go to that show if they did, just sounds odd.

Mastodon are great live. Brann Dailor is a beast drummer.

13. stinkyB

HA.... no, separate shows. my cousin asked me the same question with a ?!?! when I told him via text too. Would be an odd but interesting dynamic if they were.

14. bicketybam

I heard Mike Oldfield was doing a 50th anniversary tour for Tubular Bells. I'd go see that in a heartbeat.

15. bicketybam

I saw Robert Plant and Allison Krauss at Bethel Woods Saturday night. Holy hell was it a great show. I've probably seen 200 concerts in my time including some all time greats. This is in my top 5.

I saw Plant back in 1988 when he was touring Now and Zen. Stevie Ray Vaughan was the opener. I followed his solo career for a few more years after that and then kind of stopped following him.

Apparently in 2007 he released an album with Allison Krauss, who is a country singer and violinist. The album won a bunch of Grammys including album of the year. A few years ago (2021) they reunited and recorded Raise the Roof and this is what they are touring.

Plant was never really into playing Led Zeppelin songs as a solo act. He performed 4 when I saw him: Gallows Pole, When the Levee Breaks, Battle of Evermore and Rock and Roll. The arrangements were totally different on Levee and Rock and Roll. They were close in Battle and Gallows Pole. The rest of the set was mostly songs from his two collaborations with Allison Krauss. He did Read the Letter from Page and Plant and In the Mood from his second solo album.

At 74 he sounded amazing. His band was exceptional and Allison Krauss was the perfect harmony for his vocals. She's also a great violin player.

If you are an older guy like me and want to see Plant before he's dead, I'd highly recommend seeing him. I only recorded one song because I didn't want to lose the experience. This is Gallows Pole.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Saw these guys Saturday night. Very sharp.

Saw Nick Lowe and Elvis Costello last night. Very dull.

abyzmul and bicketybam like this.
  17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I hate recording at shows because you don't want to lose the moment you know? I like to take it all in and just remember it. I'll maybe take a few 10 second clips at most.

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

stinkyB, bicketybam and Dierking like this.
  18. bicketybam

I agree. The song I really wanted to hear was Battle of Evermore and when I saw one of the musicians with a mandolin I had a feeling it was coming. I reached for my phone and quickly decided to pass. My wife even asked me if I wanted her to record it (I told he no.) I wanted to enjoy that song in the moment and not worry about framing the vid. They did a phenomenal rendition but I'm sure it's already out there on the interwebs.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. stinkyB

Saw these guys last friday (no I didnt film)...