Comparison Quinn and Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. goat784

goat784 Banned

Did u read my post or just comment in a huff... I said after the titans game when we were eliminated from playoffs. Read b4 u respond. They traded a 4th for him a big mistake in the first place which means u should justify that trade... I am no where near a Tebow supporter and I think he has zero future as a QB but what harm could it have done to let him play the games after we lost to the Titans.

#101 goat784, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

No no I get what you were trying to do. It just seemed like a lazy non-fun way of advancing your agenda.

If we are going anti-tebow stats do something like killing the myth that tebow only has bad completion percentages, because he is trying longer/higher difficulty passes.

his completion percentage is about 15% lower then the elite qbs (eli and brees used in this example) for all 3 range brackets 0-8 8-14 and 15+. So when people say Qbs not named tebow buff their scores with dink and dunk passing its kinda a myth, brees short mid and long range %'s are almost identical.

3. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Also money guys, can the jets afford to start tebow cap wise since revis left? guesstimating the draft salaries is it kinda close or no?

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Most QBs look bad compared to elite guys like Brees. That is why he is elite. Why are we comparing Tebow to the ELITE QBs?

I hardly think someone sucks because they are not as good of a passer as SB champion and future HOF Drew Brees.

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

we've got like 8 mil left to sign all our picks, he's making 2.5 mil this year(one of the top 10 most on the team believe it or not) and simply cutting him gives the jets a million saved thereabouts.

trading gives them his salary back.

I'm unsure of the amount it will take to pay at least 8 rookies this season, but something tells me he's gone after all is said and done unless something kooky happens from here on out.

6. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

In 2011, Sanchez's low bracket was 57%, 61% for mid range, and his long bracket was 55%. For the "other qbs dink and dunk their way to pretty numbers" argument to work their numbers would have to look something like

0-8 70%
    8-14 45-50%
    15+ 43-48%

I only picked the big boys because in the anti tebow crowd the goal posts have been pushed to HOF quality and SB winner or bust.

Im a realist, but more or less sit in your pro tebow camp, I just subbed into theirs to show them how to arm a proper talking point. They almost never give us anything good to play with :).

#106 JetsDfc, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

"not as good of a passer as SB champion..." is a silly and intentional understatement. Tim completed a lower percentage of passes than ANY qb in the league by a lot.
    9-7 as a starter was absolutely a team effort with Tim along for the ride. Any team that can win a few games with that QB play is a good team.
    I also agree with the idea that the Jets $1.5 million payment to the Broncos if Tim stays is too high a price tag given the dead money hit Revis will provide.

8. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

WOW I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad, if we wouldn't have traded revis we would not have had any money to sign our draft picks. Basically zero chance of tebow being week one starter as is. Jets simply can't pay for it.

9. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Might be a little tough with them having the 9th and 13th overall picks, even with the reduced rookie salaries. Either they trade down, or they gotta find the money elsewhere, and that is where cutting Tebow might come in. If they keep Tebow it wil mean at least half the season on the bench to keep his salary from jumping up due to him taking 60% of the snaps. He would actually get a huge raise if he hits that mark.

10. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

There is everybody's out, Tim can be a "cap casualty" and his fans can continue to deny that his place in the league has anything to do with his lack of skills.
    That sounds smart ass but I am dead serious, that is a win-win for everyone.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Not for Tim Tebow.

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

meh, I would not be shocked to find out Tim wants to get far away from the Jets as soon as possible. If Tim is released or traded, he could get another opportunity or if nothing comes, he can pursuse his "great comission" which he has said himself is the most important goal he will ever have in his life.