Comparison Quinn and Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I'd seen the preseason, and I disagree on his throwing. just look at the quick out to his left where the ball sailed into the stands against the Giants, and then there is that one interception he threw against carolina that might have been one of the worst throws he has made in his NFL career.

He was still every bit as good as he was running the ball though. even I was impressed with that.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I think it's more about the system. Tebow would probably struggle in a West Coast Offense, Quinn has a skillset that fits a bit better.

As far as systems go, Tebow would likely fit in really well in Philly with Chip Kelly, and with Vick starting he'd have a great shot to play some games when Vick has his annual injury.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I do not think Quinn can run any offense , just look at his stats from last year:

10 games (8 as starter)
    2 td's 8 int's 1,141 yds 60.1 rtg 56.9 comp % 21sack 66 rush yds

He can't run a west coast offense or even a north, south or east one and Tebow is more likely out of the NFL unfortunately.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I love it when I call out concern and he has no response .

5. Concerned_Citizen

My apologies of not hurrying to get back to the board and shoot that argument down.... again.

If you think it was a "team effort." Then stop saying TEBOW took the Broncos to the playoffs.

Tebow had a lot of defensive help. you REFUSE to offer a response to Kyle Orton going 23-2 when defenses give up 15 points or less.

You give Tebow far too much credit for that turnaround when I think just about every QB in his situation could have done it. True, it wasn't getting done before with Orton, but most of that record you like to cite had the defense giving up 28 points per game. Tebow led team only eclipsed that mark 3 times. So his record would be 3-13 at best.

The defense gets most of the credit for the turnaround, not the three and out dirt missile machine. Thank you for the effort in the 4th quarter, Tebow. But your suckage kept putting the Broncos behind the 8 ball playing by doing pretty much nothing while the rest of the team had kept you in the game. I might buy that he's just a different man in the 4th, but dammit man, he REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks up to that point.

#65 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. Concerned_Citizen

You still arguing which is better between Tebow and Quinn? One can't play and the other should switch to Tight End.

THEY BOTH SUCK. any team in the market for a QB should be aiming at least a little higher.

Besides, if anyone wants a QB that runs, can't throw worth a shit, that DOESN'T come with a media circus and dillusional fans that think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread... they can just draft Collin Klein. He runs a lot, thinks he's a QB, plays with passion, and can't throw worth a shit too.

7. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

The difference is that Klein has played other positions so when everyone says, "Move him to TE", he might actually have the ability to do so.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Tebow is a good enough athlete and instinctive enough runner to pull it off. I have very little doubt he could make the transition and make it well.

Don't know about his ability to catch, but he's already built big enough to run over most defensive secondary players when even linebackers have to put extra effort into tackling him. He's runs at a pretty fair speed too.

That was what I liked about Shannon Sharpe at TE. One thing that made him great was that he was too big for most secondary types, and too fast for linebackers. Not sure if Tebow could match the speed, but I have little doubt he could make the transition.

Kind of odd that his fans don't see it. i don't know if they see Tebow as a guy who could only play QB, or they are denying a position change will work for Tebow because they simly don't want him anywhere else. QB or bust.... and so far it is looking like, bust.

9. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I don't believe for a second that Tebow could play TE in the NFL. It's not easy to do and he hasn't done it since he was a sophomore in high school. Great athletes that have played TE at a high level all of their lives can't make it in the NFL.

10. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I am not sure TE = success for Tebow either. I believe his 40 time was 4.7+ which is a tough slow for how big he is. Aaron Hernanadez is closer to Tebow's size, he was sub
    4.70. Even Gronk was faster, I believe, and he is much bigger than Tebow. I could also see Tebow struggle with reading coverages and finding holes, proper depth, etc. If the face catch was any indication this year, his hands could be suspect as well.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You have not ever shot anything down, I believe he deserves 30% credit you once said 3%

No need to keep debating it . What you are wrong about and I proved was , me EVER saying it was all Tebow . I never did and no one else here has either .

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow ran a 4.68 on his pro day .

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The thread is titled Quinn Vs Tebow comparison

You are lyng again, his fans do not think he's the greatest thing since slice bread. Keep making stuff up , it's always amusing .

It's still fascinating you get so worked up that he has fans, this is what it's all about for you .

14. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

With all due respect C.BsFan, I don't believe that Concerned gets all "worked up"
    that Te-Blow has some "Mickey Mouse" fan club but their seemingly endless justification that he's some kind of viable qb option who will offer some NFL team
    a legit threat as both a passer & run option alternative to what they currently have on their roster.Simply put, Concerned C.'s argument (which is the same as the NFL as well as most of us) is he is VASTLY OVERRATED qb and a MAJOR distraction to boot!

'Nuff said.

15. Concerned_Citizen

Yep. you gave TEBOW the same amount of credit as you did the entire defense of Denver. ...for 5 minutes of play when the defense did the heavy lifting all god damn day. That's a lot of credit for one man who sucked ass 90% of the time.

Tebow gets roughly 10% of the credit for what the offense did. He was the 11th best guy on the offense, 10th at best.

....and I'm not the one getting worked up. that is you guys in your desperate attempt to get personal and trying to hurt my feelings. Doesn't work because I don't lose sleep over internet hacks.

Probably the most assenine argument you guys make as to why Tebow didn't get to start any games, (and believe me, there is a lot of them) is some underlying fear that if Tebow played, he might win. I'd bet anyhing that if the coaches thought Tebow would win games, he'd be playing. The winning is a reflection on them too.

#75 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow > Sanchez

Nuff said...everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Good luck with Mark in 2013...you will need it.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

he was the best QB in the 4th quarter in 2011, with the highest QBR in the NFL

that's the guy you say should be working for UPS or serving coffee. Any sane perosn would want to try and develop that.

yes he deserves 30% of the credit

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not only did Tebow not challenge Sanchez for the starting position, he was bypassed by Greg McElroy for the #2 spot. I know tebots don't like to deal in reality, but there it is. Cold, hard facts.

Sanchez blows, so does McElroy. Tebow couldn't challenge either. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

19. Concerned_Citizen

He was best rated because he had to be. Tom Brady was playing with the lead all the time and just needed to run out the clock... as did most of the best QBs in the league. That doesn't do a lot to help their quarterback rating in the 4th quarter, so it isn't a surprise to see the aveage being behind a guy having to make up for 3 and a half quarters of piss poor play in the last 5 minutes.

Tebow got to see "bend but not break" defenses in the waning minutes. It was a moot point most of the time for any QB worth a shit.

Tebow deserves a boot to the ass for putting them in that position to play from behind the 8-Ball to begin with. 30%... what a crock of shit.

#79 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  20. Concerned_Citizen

Most college level QBs > Sanchez > McElroy > Some bum off the street > Tim Tebow.

Oh wait, I forgot... The Jets didn't play Tebow because they were afraid of winning.