Community is back on March 15th, NBC, 8 pm.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The course for the 4th season will be Historyrandomlettersonobodycanguessbasedonlengthofthis Don't click on links below if you want to wait until the season starts to find out.

Source: https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/232871179986292736

Below is a reddit person explaining the significance from this article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/communitys-ep-dan-harmon-how-215012

http://www.reddit.com/r/community/comments/xvsuw/so_now_that_we_know_that_this_years_course_will/

Season 1: Spanish -> Learning how to communicate
    Season 2: Anthropology -> Learning how to be together/interact
    Season 3: Biology-> Learning how to live and die and grow
    Season 4 is straightforward.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Nice

////

3. displacedfan

Bam, Season 4 of community started last night at 8PM on NBC. they were originally going to air October 19th on Friday, but it got pushed back a couple weeks before they aired.

Dan Harmon, the originally show writer/creater was fired by NBC/Sony so new people are taking over.

The first episode, I think you couldn't even tell the show runner changed. It also was a lot different than what the previews hinted at. They are on top for 13 episodes, so some stories might feel rushed. And like last season, the season finale will also serve as a series finale as thye don't know if they are getting a 5th season. The specualtion ranges from, NBC has nothing else, might as well bring some viewers to our new comedies next year, to no way they are hitting syndication and cancelling the series.

4. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

The DnD episode is one of my favorite TV episodes ever.

5. displacedfan

Oh yeah it's amazing. I came from no previous DnD background and it made sense to me. The made it very entertaining.

Remdial Chaos Theory is good too, the timelone episode. Then the Chicken Tenders episode. So many good ones.

6. displacedfan

So this week's episode was destroyed by reviewers as it was sent in advance to them and well I thought it was the best of the season. It hit on old Community tones and the one liners fit old community. If you aren't a fan on inspector spacetime (which I think reviewers are not) then you probably won't be a fan of this

7. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

This season has not been as good as previous seasons. Not terrible, but no real laugh out loud moments either. I think the second episode was the best (Halloween).

8. displacedfan

I think community always started slow season wise. Granted their slow is still better than most shows on TV but pales in standard to their best episodes.

-The first season they didn't really know the characters for a little.

-The second season had Betty White drinking her own urine and stuff and in my opinion didn't hit it's full stride until the bottle episode. Still really really good but it peaked starting at the pen episode I though.

-Season 3 Jeff took an axe to the study room table. They righted the ship with the timeline episode but you can see this season of Community has more of a season 3 influence of the wackiness than the season 2/1 episodes. The whole idea was to move storylines out of the school, which they started doing seriously in season 3 and continuing this year.

I do like more of a in the study room episodes but I don't think we are going to get very many.

I did like Abed's and Britta's growth in this last episode and Annie/Jeff not freaking out too bad at the end. I thought the opening and ending tag were brilliant though.

9. displacedfan

This episode was again destroyed by critics. Again I felt like this was bringing us closer to old community. Most of the complaints I read in the reviews of this episode are things that were already "problems" with the show (Winger speechs, Abed and pop culture, etc) but somehow these reviewers only dislike it now not the past 3 seasons.

Oh well I enjoyed this episode. So far Season 4
    Episode 1: Rushed, something felt off, okay to below average.
    Episode 2: Good, but probably the weakest Halloween episode
    Episode 3: Well done, really didn't need the inspector spacetime backdrop. Lot of self referential comedy with Pierce/Shirley
    Episode 4: Finally back in the study room (this was supposed to air second and was episode 402 in production). Thought this felt like a season 2 episode or season 3 before season 3 went full on wacky

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Has anyone else been watching Community? I think the writers are finding their groove with each week, but this thing looks like it may get canceled.

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

NBC is working it's ass off to make that happen and I think they will ultimately cancel Community (4 years=traditional path in college; Chevy leaving the show). Everything I've read about it's potential cancellation (tvbythenumbers) put it at slightly less than 50-50.

12. displacedfan

I agree on the groove. Each weeks seems to feel more and more like pre season 3 community which was its peak in my opinion. I also like this Chang storyline and Annie getting into forensics.

Yep, they're trying really hard to cancel. Their problem though is almost every show they have planned to replace Community is dead (partially by their own doing) and 30 Rock left and the Office is leaving. Less than 50-50 is actually an improvement over what was expected last year.

Their two biggest shows on Thursday nights will be Parks and Rec. You take out Community, you go up with a bunch of new shows.

13. displacedfan

NBC doesn't care so they put a Community episode against March Madness last night.

This season is trending upwards. Another episode you could sneak into season 2 easily

14. displacedfan

So tonight was an experimental Community episode. It tried to be a heart tugger and it worked on me.

15. displacedfan

Welp, this is either the season finale or the series finale. Don't know yet. Interesting episode.

Overall I think the new showrunners did well and found their stride late season. I think they would have caught theri stride earlier if the episodes were shown on time and they were filming while getting feedback from the episodes that aired (what happened in past seasons)

16. phubbadaman

I wasn't a big fan of this season. It wasn't as funny, fewer pop culture references, no Chevy. It wasn't the same, which was obvious since the obsessive creator of the show left.

Season 1&2 were excellent, Season 3 was good. Season 4 was a long slow goodbye.

17. displacedfan

I though season 3 had lower lows than season 4, but higher highs. Season 3 really went off the deep end which I think created problems for season 4.

The darkest timeline should have been a one off joke in remedial chaos theory, I don't think ti should have contunued season 3 onwards

18. phubbadaman

And Community gets picked up for Season 5.

I hope this year they can actually do a Halloween around October instead of March.

19. displacedfan

Community season 5 is 4 episodes in. Dan Harmon, the creator of seasons 1-3, is back. Some big new characters and departures so far this season.

This episode tonight was really funny, went to "crazy" Community, reminiscent of the paintball episodes

20. phubbadaman

We're 5 episodes in I thought? This season has been much better as Dan Harmon knows what to do with his show/characters. Jonathan Banks has filled in Pierce's role perfectly and I thought they did nice send offs for both Pierce and Troy.

I'm interested to see if they show can continue without Troy, he will be harder to replace than Pierce.

#sixseasonsandamovie