Come On Apologists

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Mr. Green Pants

If the product on the field speaks for itself, why did you feel the need to start this self-congratulatory, "Look at me! Look at me!" thread?

Nevermind. The answer to that is in the question.

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

As much as I support Sanchez, I know that he's been playing like crap. The more the season goes on, the more I want him gone now. You have to admit that Sanchez is getting zero help from the FO. They bring in almost NO talent to help the kid out.

3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

This^ If Sanchez will be anything in this league its not going to be here. Its clear this entire team is slow and the exact opposite of dynamic. I was watching today with my uncle. During the 3rd quarter he took a deep breath and let out a sigh that bothered me. I asked him what's wrong and he says "look at how the other teams play". So I ask him what does he mean and he says "they play so slow".In a nutshell that's what's wrong with our team, "they play so slow".

At this point I'm looking at this team and feeling like it needs to be blown up. We obviously can't win without some sort of overhaul and there is no way we can overhaul the way we have been put together.We have too much money tied up in the wrong players and nothing on our roster to replace any of the guys that are going FA. IMHO this is going to lead to them overpaying for Keller,Greene and even the man himself. Which in turn is going to lead to more draft pick trading and desperation contracts to get people in here. Maybe the Jets turn this thing around and make all of us look like chumps for doubting , but its not changing the fact that the rest of the NFL is playing full speed to our half speed and until that changes we are going to be churning water.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

as much as no fan wants to witness a blow up, I really do believe this is the way to go. We need to bring in new talent on the offensive side of the ball, and get younger at LB on defense. If the Jets can't manage to salvage this season, let the young guys play.

I think the defense can be transitioned, however the O has no hope IMO.

Somehow offload Holmes, get rid of Mark, let Keller walk, bring in new guards and move on.

#84 TurkJetFan, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

1/4 of the season gone.

Where are they in the division?

Only fucking Jets fans could be bitching about the lack of style points with two division wins, and sitting on TOP of the AFC east, 4games Into a new offensive system, where your three offensive playmakers have yet to take a snap together.

How about we wait till Keller, Hill, and Droptonio line up for two weeks in a row before we reach for the Purple Kool Aid.

6. Hobbes3259

What is this Madden?

Are you fucking joking?

Sanchez. Hill, Keller,Kerley.Holmes needs to go, and you need a RT.

RB can be drafted at any time.

And you need 2LbS. Depending on how the recent draft picks develop.

Excepting RT which should be addressed via FA...RB and LB are draft today, play tomorrow positions.

Hill needs a year, then Sanchez has three guys he can play with.

Hit three picks in the next draft...you're golden.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Itll take Tanny and Assway about 7 years to hit on 3 picks

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

Lets go after Ryan Mathews from the Chargers. He fumbles but he's an improvement and that can be worked on. Greene fumbles with no contact anyways.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Has been on the injury report more than 50% of his games and missed about as many - guy is glass

10. Hobbes3259

Next week remind me to give you the Grill treatment.

Kerley Sanchez, Revis, Keller, Wilson, Wilkerson, Harris, mangold, hill, and those are just the really good ones....

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

That's true but I mean honestly anything at this point is better. NE is out rushing us at this point its getting rediculous, and Mathews has the potential to be very good. We can at least try unless they planning on drafting a RB cus there ain't much that I've heard of in the market next year other than Bush and I don't see him playing here.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

this whole idea of blowing up the team is beyond stupid. football isn't basketball where you can jettison all your salary in one fell swoop, and all you need to do is get one or two star players that can turn you around overnight.

please, somebody advocating "blowing up the team" give an example where a team has gotten rid of all or most of their good players and then simply replaced them with stud free agents and brilliant draft choices that turned the team around.

even the 90's Cowboys weren't built that way. they sucked and absolutely killed the Vikings for the one good player they had, which helped them build their team. but they didn't just blow it up and rebuild.

teams don't get blown up in the NFL. they strategically let some players go while keeping as many good players as they can to build around.

13. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Thanks for the GOOD news. With 5 wins, we might qualify to draft a decent QB. Or trade for a decent backup like Matt Flynn.

14. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Houston isn't a good team to play when almost all of Sanchez's receivers are down. The cries will continue, but Sanchez will stay the starter at least through the bye, barring injury.

15. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Miami found the right formula. Bring in a rookie QB with a sizzling hot wife. Patience, thou art easy on thine eyes.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Now that is some pocket presence.

[​IMG]

#96 Acad23, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  17. PhatRex

PhatRex Banned

Not sure what's worse. The fact that most jets fans believed in Rex , Marky Mark and Tanny. Or the fact that some do. All 3 have to go. Our drafting has been poor , fas sucked , player development has been terrible and nobody respects us. Were a joke. It's sad but true. We have to start fresh.

Also we need an owner that takes this seriously.