Come On Apologists

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I am about as big of a optimistic as one can find, and I cannot even defend this team today. Just a heartless performance all around by EVERYONE.

I am a huge Sanchez fan here and I can even admit he shit the bed today. However, you are fooling yourselves people if you think putting Tebow in fixes the garbage run D, awful targets at WR, Shonn Greene and our running game embarrassing themselves, an overrated offensive line and a secondary that's getting ready to be exposed big time if it has not already today.

Sanchez is a problem....but not THE problem. This entire team is a fucking mess and people have no idea about fucking football if they think getting rid of Sanchez suddenly fixes the team.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I don't know about firing Rex. I wouldn't really put this loss on him so much as Sanchez. Sanchez needs to be benched next week to send a message.

Rex Ryan has earned quite a bit of leeway taking the team to the AFC Championship two years in a row and not having a losing record.

3. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I don't think getting rid of Sanchez will fix the entire team; but finding a better quarterback will be an important part of fixing the entire team.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm so pissed I even tivo'd that turd of a game.

I can't delete it enough to get the stink off the hard drive.

5. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

So far today Sanchez's passer rating at 39.9 is better than Armanti Edwards, Colin Kaepernick, Jake Locker, Matt Prater and Dustin Colquitt......

6. Nikhiln25

Nikhiln25 New Member

I believe Rex Ryan is becoming ignorant on this whole situation. Let's look at the facts. You have a QB that is now in his 4th season. In these four seasons, he's had a handful of games at best where he has performed decently, and 2-3 games where he played really well.

He has an OK arm, but he has no confidence, and he has no accuracy. So what use is that arm?

Let's remember, Mark Sanchez did not lead this team to consecutive AFC Championship games, it was the Jets defense. And now the Jets defense is crippled.

But the issue is not just Mark Sanchez, the issue is also the offensive line. Actually this is a major issue, and Rex nor the team are manning up to accept this. Some tough decisions have to be made, and they have to be made quick, before this team is once again the Jets of 06/07

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

start mcelroy and throw the ball. dink and dunk like the shanahans like to do. use the pass to open up the run as the game goes on.

move the chains, get first downs, keep the texans offense off the field. give the defense plenty of rest. get some guys at lb who can tackle. start mc entire and davis, sit scott and pace right next to sanchez.

#67 mr nyjet, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The first one no. The second one, we have tons of late comebacks due to Sanchez playing well late. We also had one in IND to win the game and the near perfect game in NE. So yeah, Sanchez helped a lot in 2010-2011 in getting there. In fact it was the Jets D that let them down in 2010-2011. Theo ffense contributed just as much as the D in 2010-2011

9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

He's not ignorant, but once you turn to Tebow you cannot look back. He's probably going to try to give Sanchez enough games to turn it around until he absolutely knows that he doesn't have it.

And watch the two playoff runs. Mark led the team to those games as much as the defense. I will never stop saying as much, but he has been god awful in these past 2 years losing the positive credibility that I had given him. I am done with him and I have been a huge supporter of his. Its year 4 and I said at the beginning of the year, put up or shut up. So far its been 75% shutup which is not good enough.

I do not want to see Tebow as the QB and I do not think Rex or Tony do either. I wouldn't be surprised if McElroy takes over the team starting in the Indy game.

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

a valid point. you have to change the entire offense for tebow, not just run the wildcat. mc elroy can step into and run the existing offense, plus he can throw better than tebow.

will they have the brass ones to bench sanchez? - that is the real question.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

That is some funny shit, man. Excellent job, I lol'd...

12. Nikhiln25

Nikhiln25 New Member

I agree I went a little too far with the playoff comments.

In regards to the Tebow comment, what you are saying makes sense. There probably is no going back if they put Tebow in, but then what was the point of bringing on Tebow instead of addressing other holes in the team? For 2 plays a game?

13. SienaSaints

Yes they will, if they want to keep their jobs (thats if Woody Johnson is smart enough), they will not keep him playing if he keeps playing like a horse's ass.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Maybe we shouldn't refer to them as "those two assholes" or "those two douchebags" anymore.

15. SienaSaints

No they are assholes. Its not like they predicted that Sanchez would be bad year 1 but they would get to the AFC Championship game. Year 2 would be a lot better and get to the AFC championship game again. Then he would be good for the first half of 2011 and then tank the rest of 2011 and continue to decline in 2012.

They should still and forever be known as those two douchebags. They will boo at the next quarterback that we draft as well. While we are at it, both Leinart and Sanchez have sucked please do not stick us with Barkley.

16. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I was confident this season would be good but seriously its almost comical thinking about it now

Ground and pound with Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell.
    Play action with Holmes, rookie, and second yr Kerley
    Hunter will be better
    OC that had a stint as one years ago to fix everything

Sounds absolutely retarded when you look at it lol

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahah its totally retarded. But youre allowed to ver estimate teh talent. Our GM and coach need to be held accountable

18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I don't know that they'd have to actually change the offense. Rather, they'd change the play calling mix and come up with different game plans. Pretty sure that the plays are already there.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They looked like the worst team in the NFL today from to top bottom.

I'm not sure I have seen the Jets as a team come out so flat in every aspect of the game since Kotite was pretending to coach.

Absolutely pathetic.

By the way, go fuck yourself.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

OK, I'll go fuck myself. But that won't change the debacle that the New York Jets are right now.