Colts Rush D vs Ravens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 85inthehall, Jan 21, 2010.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The int fumble sure as shit effected the Ravens offense, because they were unable to get possession of the ball deep in colts territory. Take away that fumble and the ravens are on offense, setup nicely for a score. I don't know how the hell you can't see that fact through those blue colored glasses you wear.

2. colts fan

colts fan New Member

Oh, I get what your saying...NOT! You are assuming if Reeds didn't fumble the INT the Ravens would have scored points eh? Would they have scored 3 or 7? Based on what they did all game, they would have score zero...

But I digress...I say if Bethea would have held on to the first interception, he would have ran it back for a TD and we would have won 24-3 or if he would have gotten up with the late interception he would have ran it back and we would have won 31-3 or...exactly...could've, would've, should've...

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I'm saying the miscues throughout the game hurt them greatly and were a huge factor since Indy only score 20 despite 4 turnovers. Take away a couple of those and you have a potential 14 pt swing, that's a game changer.

It's really not that complicated.

4. Jabba

Jabba New Member

Miscues...

How many forced vs unforced errors?

That's all part of the game.

Jabba

5. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I get the tipped passes, but it seems there were more this year than previous years. I would suspect that Collie or whomever it is won't run the wrong route again. If the pass would have been incomplete, I can see where there might be a chance of it occuring again. Having watched Manning all these years, I can say that he probably addressed it with the receiver as soon as they came off the field. Given that it resulted in an INT, you can bet the coaches will address it and emphasize that in practice. I don't see it happening again.

6. Dallas2010

Dallas2010 New Member

The Jets have been the beneficiaries of 5 missed field goals in 2 playoff games. Three of which came from arguably the most clutch kicker currently playing. The distance on those 5 field goals? 35yds, 28yds, 36yds, 57yrds and 40yds. 4/5 will almost always be made. The teams they've played put up a combined 14 points in the first half.
    Anyone actually think those trends are actually going to continue against the Colts?

That is why the Jets could just keep running, running, running. You're not playing Carson Palmer or Phil Rivers here. You're not going to keep the Colts off the score board like that with the same defense you used on those guys. Peyton Manning is one of the best, if not the best quarterback in the league right now at picking up pressure and getting rid of the ball quickly for gains. And it doesn't matter if Revis is on Wayne, because Dallas Clarke is of Welker-like effectiveness on short plays.

And on top of that, for all that running power, the Jets were able to get two first downs in the entire first half against San Diego. Again, does anyone think that will come even close to cutting it against the Colts?

Do the Jets deserve a ton of credit for getting to where they are? Absolutely. All this 'let them in' stuff is bullshit. You don't win 2 road games if you don't belong in the playoffs.

But anyone who thinks that the play the Jets have demonstrated in those two games is going to cut it against the Colts is sorely mistaken. If the Jets want to have any hope of winning this game, they can't go a quarter and a half without a first down. They can't expect missed field goals to keep the score down. They can't expect 7 points or less from their opponent in the first half.

The Colts are going to score, and they'll score early. The Jets had better be prepared to put up at least 14 points in the first half on Sunday if they want a chance to go to the SB. And if they don't, then the run, run, run game, just isnt going to work and they're going to be forced to air the ball out, which will put Sanchez under major pressure.

Is it possible the Jets will run for 170+? Sure, but not if they play like they did last weekend. If the Jets want to run 40 carries, they'd better be prepared to put the football in the endzone at least a couple times in that first half on Sunday, if not more.

#126 Dallas2010, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  7. colts fan

colts fan New Member

Okay...how many turnovers has the Jets got over the past two games? How many missed fg's? How many mindless penalties SD committed in that game? Let's not go there, by what you stated "miscues" are the only reason your team made it this far.

If the Jets win agains the Colts it will be your team outplayed the Colts, and not due to missed fg's and headbutting players or kicking challenge flags...better yet, a DB afraid to tackle a running back or a QB throwing the ball to a wide open Leonard...

Your team will have to win this game with good defense and diverse offense... not run, run, run, punt...

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Most miscues are forced or from a lack of focus. All teams benefit from them. I never said anything about the Jets not being beneficiaries of some bonehead mistakes, but their style of defense also causes pressure and confusion, forcing mistakes. I am sure Indy has earned some mistakes as well. All I'm saying is, you did not light anybody up on offense last Saturday, so stop the crazy talk.

9. colts fan

colts fan New Member

I think a blowout is a win in excess of 13 points...17 would constitute a blowout in most people minds. We were playing a top 5 defense and we blew them out...The Jets were playing a bottom 25 defense and you struggled with that number one run offense...you also gave up over 330 total yards too, with that number one defense... sounds like something the Colts would do...give up yards and low points...

10. Jabba

Jabba New Member

to paraphrase Bill Cowher... " The Colts offense isn't EXPLODING right now. It's a whole bunch of dink and dunk. But... they're getting it done. Controlling the ball, and winning games."

14 in a row, then two throwaways... then another win.

Jabba

11. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Colts only allowed 10 sacks this year.

As far as Manning retiring.....If you guys don't think we know what we have, you're mistaken. Very few franchises go thru what we have been able to witness and enjoy the last ten years. We don't take this for granted. I guess we may seem abias or too p[assionate about our opinions at times, because we have seen first hand what can happen and it's usually in our favor. We know the day is coming in 4-5 years and we're not looking forward to it. :sad:

12. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

This is the big difference in Manning the last two years and previous years. He won't force any throws and won't try to hit the deep ball if the coverage isn't right. He lets the defense dictate what he calls. Drop 7 or 8 and he'll dink, dunk and intermediate you to death while moving the chains. Bring the safties up and he'll go deep.

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Sorry about the spelling...no disrespect intended.

The stats are the stats...what can I say. As I recall, what I said was that it was the #1 pass defense in the league..and according to www.NFL.com that's a fact. Twist those numbers anyway you need to feel good there dude........the game will be played in 2 days that's pretty much the only day's stats that matter. :up:

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Be careful, Andy, you might get jizzed on.

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Betcha he has a little Peyton alter in his room abyzmul. Wanna bet ?

:smile:

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm sure he's bid on a jock or two on Ebay.

I can picture him sniffing it now--
    [​IMG]

17. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

That's Sanchez with Mannings jock. :beer:

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Ok that's funny as shit, but I'm very concerned that you even knew where to get that pic......:rofl:

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Google Images is a great, but I do regret typing in jock sniffer.

lol

20. L Washington29

L Washington29 New Member

Yeah?

1st half (Ray Rice):
    R. Rice rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed to the left for 6 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed up the middle for 6 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
    R. Rice rushed to the right for 4 yard gain

That's 3.5 yards per carry. He had two runs over 5 yards that entire half. He was bottled up, shut down, and did nothing of note in the game.

Second half? The Ravens were already down 17-3 and ended up being down 20-3 when he broke off that 20 yard gain, and he fumbled anyways. He had one run over 10 yards throughout the ENTIRE GAME, and that was in the 4th quarter down 20-3.

Ray Rice did absolutely nothing that game. Non-factor and the Colts executed their game plan to perfection, shutting down Flacco in the process.

I mean, who cares if you run the ball successful down 20-3 in the 4th quarter? Why are you even running the ball there?

Like I said, the Ravens only ran the ball successfully when they were down by 2+ TDs. The Colts could careless, because Rice was still being limited even though their defense was waiting for pass.

Now, I'm tired of defending the Colts, we have a game against them in two days. I just ask people to get their facts straight before you start giving the visiting fans fits. Ray Rice got shut down.