Colts Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

from my perspective it has absolutely nothing to do with fantasy numbers...

he is the best quarterback in the game today...not yesterday...not tomorrow..

there is no other QB out there (based on this year) that can manage the game, make adjustments, read defenses, lead their team, and make the kind of throws PM makes.

2. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I think colts fans are more knowledgeable than the Charger fans. The Charger fans were talking stupid shits all week. They were saying we can't cover them because they have tall receivers, a lot of weapons, hottest team in NFL, blah blah blah.. all those are BS. Those fans are just like Charger players.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

See Junc. You're having a fantasy about football and in that fantasy Manning is the best ever.

#43 winstonbiggs, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that was until a high school QB stepped in and almost turned into a Pro Bowler who led the team to a better season than Brady did upon his return, raising the legitimate question of how good is Brady or how good is the system.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

In fairness English isn't Colts fans second laguage.

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that Peyton is not a great big game qb (just my opinion.) Sure, he's been good in big games, but averaging them out, he's more often than not played under HIS level. That's not a bad level...he just doesn't seem to play quite as well in the playoffs...even last week...imo not a good game...threw some bad picks that could've lost them the game if the ravens weren't so inept.

He'll be a challenge and I'm not saying he's never had GREAT playoff games..he has. But I can also see him laying an egg and letting pressure get to him.

7. TurkJetFan

llol that is hilarious but probably true

8. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Just for the record: I am not "Indiana Jones" from the Colts.com forums. I try and stay away from that place. It tends to be like talking football with my grandmother. And you can't use foul language or be offensive in any way. What the fuck is that about? This is FOOTBALL goddamnit.

And while we're on the topic one of my beefs about the Colts since time immemorial has been the fans. We have some good fans, but we also have A LOT of fairweather, bandwagon, know-nothing, limp-wristed types too. When I go to a game it makes me sick to see so many douchebags with their asses in their seats when the visiting team has the ball on third down. What kinda of stick in the mud fan sits down during that?!?! And don't get me started on the dirty looks you get for being the one yelling at the top of your lungs trying to make noise.

Gah, Colts fans disappoint me sometimes.

One good thing I can say though is that we tend to be very hospitable to visiting fans. There's not a better place to see an away game... Not that I'm inviting you to bullrush our stadium in a green/white tide :rolleyes:

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm really struggling here, I am trying to avoid conflict w/ my fellow Jet fans while the team is still alive.

He is clearly not the best hands down, he is right there w/ Brees this year and as much as this pains me I think Favre was right there along w/ Rivers.

He is also clearly one of the best of all time he's just not in the discussion for best of all time yet. If he wins another SB or if he plays well and his team loses over the next few postseasons he can climb but until then he's had too many clunkers in big spots to put him above guys like Brady, Montana, unitas, Graham, ...

10. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I don't get it!

11. TurkJetFan

try again lol

12. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

I would agree with you except for the Brady comment. Brady is a system quarterback, plain and simple. You put him on a team like the Raiders or the Rams, and he would do nothing for them.

Manning has consistently gotten the job done this past decade with a smidgen of the talent that surrounded Brady through this decade.

I am not a fan of GOAT type conversations anyway. It just turns into a pissing match, and an assload of opinions. I think it's obvious you can talk about Manning in the same sentence as all of the greats throughout NFL history though.

13. TurkJetFan

to say brady would do nothing on another team is innacurate i think...

i think yes he is a product of his system but he has the tools required and is a great all time QB

14. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Who knows? Like I said these comments just turn into opinions and conjecture. It's just my gut feeling on the matter. I mean they took away Welker for their playoff run, and they couldn't get a damn thing going against the RAVENS. Granted that Pats defense was not helping their cause one iota.

Wilfork looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmellow man with asthma out there.

15. TurkJetFan

agreed...

i do think that the ravens just played a lights out game against NE and couldn't quite repeat the next week

16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

The problem is that there isn't much to talk about.

Last week it was that the chargers were going to out 'tall' the Jets and play like giants among men. The conversation really never moved off that point.

This week the conversation is about Manning. Manning is the Colts, without him they're an 8-8 to 10-6 team struggling to make the playoffs.

Hrm, I wonder if Bernie Pollard is available to play for a quarter.

17. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

That is probably true, but you can bet Moore and Manning are doing the same thing so is it really a big advantage? They'll watch the Chargers game and given his past history Manning will go back and watch tape of previous Ravens teams when Ryan was the DC. He doesn't leave any stone unturned.

18. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I think Brady is better than average, but let's remember a few things. In two of his SB wins he had outstanding defenses and all he needed to do was get the team into FG range. One of those, he had a great kickoff return aiding him. Then last year, a QB that couldn't even start on his college team steps in and directs the team to an 11-5 record. I can't imagine the numbers if PM had Moss to throw to.

19. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I would agree with his playoff performance before last year, but the last two years he's played well. The Colts had the Chargers game won until the RB failed to pick up the blitz. If he picks up the blitz the Colts run out the clock and are in the AFCCG. His mental game last year and this year are at another level than they have ever been.

In the press conference after the Ravens game, it was mentioned that Reed wasn't supposed to be in the area on the ints. One of the receivers didn't go deep down the middle and instead cut it short. He was supposed to go deep down the middle and take Reed with him.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He made that system and you can't compare the elite level talent Peyton has always had around him to the medicore talent Brady won SBs w/. Guys like Antowain Smith, troy brown, David patten, Deion Branch while peyton has had Edge, Addai, Wayne, Harrison, Clark, ... It's just not close. The one year Brady had elite weapons he led his team to 16-0 and another SB trip while smashing records along the way. Also keep in mind how NE was a sinking ship until Brady took over, that team was getting worse every year and then started 0-2 in 2001 w/o Brady until Brady stepped in and led them to 11 wins in 14 reg season games and the rest is history.

In only one of their SB runs did the D play like a big time D and that was in 2001 BUT in that SB the Pats D blew a 14 pt 4th qtr lead then Brady led one of the greatest drives in SB history. In the SB 2 years later vs. carolina the NE D was awful in the 4th qtr and Brady led them to that win.

Also remember Peyton did nothing in his SB, he got the MVP b/c of who he is and the position he plays(Brady didn't deserve it in the Rams SB but at least he led thme on the GW drive).

The pats lost 5 more games w/o Brady last year w/ a much easier sched than they had in 2007 and they missed the playoffs. NE also had a QB who was in the system for years, it wasn't like throwing Curtis painter to the wolves. It would be like Sorgi coming in and if Sorgi started 16 games w/ those weapons Indy would be a playoff contender. obviously they wouldn't be a SB contender but they'd be a playoff contender like NE was w/ Cassell.

You can't imagine PM having a guy like Moss? He's had Harrison, wayne, etc... he has had MUCH better weapons than Brady in all but a year or 2.

Last year at SD he made one play, catching SD napping and hitting Wayne for a long TD. he needed one 1st down to win that game, he couldn't do it and he set up SD w/ great FP b/c his P was forced to kcik from the back of the EZ.

he also wasn't sharp Saturday, he got the job done and that's all that matters but he wasn't reg season peyton against Baltimore. if he plays like that Sunday we have a great shot.