Colts Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

no i didn't run a poll...but what i did do was scan your message board and i can tell you the majority of those there feel that the colts are running us over and then bring up why we shouldn't be there with the occasional "its going to be a tough game" post

I have to say its probably a 4:1 ratio

2. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I like it when the other teams think we win only by luck. Keeps them from mentally committing to beating us, only trying to concentrate on their own game. And that's how they make mistakes.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Round two...ding..ding.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It boggles my mind that Colts fans would overlook us especially w/ all the playoff chokes they have had the last decade. If the roles were reversed I'd be scared, no game is ever a gimme. They might win, they have a great chance but the game is far from a lock.

5. ManningOwnsAll

ManningOwnsAll New Member

Your absolutely right, thats why I love talking football on opposing team forums. I get tired of 80% bandwagon fans who just assume we are going to beat whoever we play. I love the Colts but I don't like to talk on our forums because of massive homerism.

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

You'll get good football talk here. Obviously we're biased towards the Jets as you are to the Colts, but many of us (won't say most lol) can put aside our biases and have some good debates.

As for the Colts fans not taking us seriously...how? Like, did they not watch the game? The Chargers pass offense is comparable to the Colts and while Rivers certainly put up his yards, he wasn't comfortable all day (especially after the 1st quarter.)

7. TurkJetFan

this is no fault of your own...but a team like the Colts are bound to have a ton of bandwagoners who really don't know a ton about football...it comes with the territory

I really don't understand the rep Jets fans get...we are really knowledgeable about the game and don't ever revert to homerism comments to make a point...at least for the most part

8. ColtsnCanes8663

ColtsnCanes8663 New Member

Exactly. Just because we are fans of the other team doesn't mean we are trolls.
    Oh well.:rolleyes:

9. TurkJetFan

what worries me is that the Colts o-line...they protect manning better than any o-line is pass protection in the league...

what i really do like is that rex can look at the ravens last week and have a real understanding of what the ravens were trying to do...see what didn't work and adjust...its a big advantage to the jets

10. ManningOwnsAll

ManningOwnsAll New Member

I agree but I think Mannings quick release is what also makes him hard to sack, making the Oline look beastly.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

edit...........

12. joykilla

joykilla Member

Good point. Hopefully we bring enough pressure that he can make some bad throws.

If we even get one sack I will be happy. Peyton is THAT good.

13. TurkJetFan

Peyton is hands down the best QB in the game today...it's a tall task..but if we deserve to goto the Superbowl then I welcome the challenge

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I really can't say hands down, not with the way Drew Brees and :gulp: Brett Favre are playing. Gun to my head, I'd say Peyton, but all three are playing great right now.

But yes, this will be a ridiculous challenge. Peyton is the best against the blitz by far imo and that is our strength. We will have to get pressure with four guys. Pace, Thomas and Ellis MUST step up.

15. TurkJetFan

brees is definitely a beast no doubt....

but nobody can manage a game, make in game adjustments, and throw a ball as perfectly as PM

I love the way we threw so many different blitzes at the Chargers late in the game...we really confused the hell out of them

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I thought the general consensus was that Brady was hands down the best QB in the league and that Manning was a choke artist in the playoffs.

17. TurkJetFan

I think at one point that was definitely a true statement...but not in the last few years

18. nyjunc

Welcome. I love opposing boards as well and I'm sure you know you won't be treated kindly simply b/c of the Colts logo but please provide the Colts fan view on this game and help us learn more about your team and we'll try to do the same about the Jets for you.

I would say good luck but I'd be lying, we both want this game badly. Hopefully no bad calls and no injuries and may the better team win.

I agree but I think it's more than the release, he reads D's so quick that can get rid of it so quickly w/o taking hits. We have to find a way to disrupt his rythym.

19. nyjunc

The general consensus is that most people believe Manning is the best despite the postseason chokes b/c he puts up such great fantasy #s. I believe Manning was better this year but for their careers if I had to win a big game I take Brady and it's not close b/c Brady has played much better in big games.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Peyton Manning is hands down the best QB in the NFL, and arguably the best of all time. I personally love watching him play and will one day tell my kids that I got to watch him play his entire career.

The Jets have their hands full, regardless of how good our defense has played...