Colts fans don't fear us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Jan 17, 2010.

1. 18to87

18to87 New Member

First of all, congratulations on your win against SD last night.

I feel confident going into this game more than I felt against the Ravens. This is in no way b/c of disrespect to your team but purely based on my teams performance. This weekends game showed to me that this Colts D could do what the 06 version had done, step up in the PO to stop the run. (Even though Jets are a better running team than the Ravens, I think we will be okay)

I really do not believe that week 16 game is not a measure for this PO game for many reasons. One, Jets are not the same team that we faced that week. You have a deserving confidence in your team after beating Colts/Bengalsx2/Chargers and all except one on the road. It really does not matter if we rested players or we had the lead when we did, b/c it was still a tight game that could easily swing the Jets way.

The part that I am confident about is Colts are not the same team you faced in week 16 either. In that game, Pierre Garcon (#2 WR), Charlie Johnson (Starting LT), Robert Mathis (Starting DE), Clint Sessions (Staring OLB), Melvin Bullitt (Starting SS), Jerraud Powers (Starting CB) was out and our most valuable defensive player Dwight Freeney only played 3-5 snaps. I am not talking about people on IR or rested in that game, I'm talking about people who played in week 15 against JAX but not in week 16. (I must add I do not remember if you had any players out that day who would be in next Sunday, mostly I was too lazy to check so please correct me if I'm wrong)

With these additions and the fact that we were able to move the ball on your defense and pick up blitzes while PM was in the game and had a lead, I am very confident going into this weekend and it has nothing to do with the talking heads, disrespect against your defense, offense, ST just confidence in my teams players abilities.

With all this said, I still will not guarantee a Colts win as some in my fan base ignorantly called even last night but I have to say I am looking forward to this weekend like a kid waiting to open his presents christmas morning. Any given Sunday...

2. ThreeAndOut

ThreeAndOut New Member

Do the Jets fans fear the Colts? I am guessing the answer is "no" too. So this thread makes no sense. Neither team fears each other and fans are just that "fanaticals". This will be a great game and it doesn't matter what the fans or experts think, it matters how the teams perform on Sunday. I think the Colts are the better team, but game don't get won on your stats or who fears who. They are won by TEAMS that play the best for 60 minutes on that given day! So no, no the Colts aren't afraid of the Jets and the Jets aren't afraid of the Colts.

Love him or hate him, it is nice to have Peyton Manning on your team and not playing against him!

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Mr. 18to87, just wanna say Ole, Ole! Ole, Ole! How'd you like that ass kicking by the Rangers last night!?!

4. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

The point is about respect.....We haven't yet garner that from the league as well as from opposing teams fans....It is sickening to know that we are still taking as a joke... #1 defense + #1 running game and still no respect....but whatever.....Let's get the job done.....

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The Colts did not step up and stop the run the Ravens coaching staff stepped up and stopped their own run.

They ran 7 times on their opening drive and got a field goal.

They ran 12 times the rest of the game.