COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by stinkyB, Dec 3, 2021.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Bama gotta capitalize. Shoulda been 6 the other way

Red Menace and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Alabama did a great job in this game. Congratulations to them.

#22 Red Menace, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Plus I cannot remember seeing an offensive line worse than the Oklahoma State O-Line.

Amazing they were ranked 5

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The biggest difference between Alabama and Georgia is that Nick Saban is in Kirby Smart's head.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And Kirby Smart insists on playing trash quarterbacks/letting great quarterbacks walk (Justin Fields) in favor of “nice guys,” like Jake Fromm.

He’s left JT Daniels on the bench the majority of the year instead of developing him (5* recruit transfer to Georgia) in favor of a walk on who “doesn’t turn the ball over.”

It’s time to can Kirby. You’re 100% right. Saban owns him and Kirby brought the Saban plan to Georgia including the master booster investment. Hand it over to a guy who isn’t psychologically defeated and he’ll win a National Championship very easily. Georgia had the better team this year by far.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Kirby has done a good job recruiting and bringing in top talent. He relies too heavily on his defense and won't take the handcuffs off the offense. He does this every year in the SEC championship game and the playoffs. When you play not to lose, you end up a loser.

7. wewantsapp

Amazing how overpriced college tuition is. Granted, the cost of everything goes up year to year - but college tuition cost skyrockted exponentially. And to this day, - there isnt a course on how to manage one's own money, --- not investment wise, -- but basic long-term income planning. Something that everyone could use.

8. wewantsapp

Of all the positions, - QB is Kirby's achilles heel. Like you said - letting Justin Fields go. I'm not too high on JT Daniels though - he's still that 5 star recruit from HS. This is the 2nd program that has looked to another QB on the team (USC being the first). I guess he'll have his chance next year but he should have been able to overtake a Stetson Bennett for crying out loud.

9. wewantsapp

Wow ---- ESPN saying Oklahoma finalizing deal for Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables.

If there was ever a hire that would change a dynamic in the Big12 ---- that one would be it. The Big12 historically has the worst D across the entire conference.

UPDATE - I posted too soon, -- I didnt realize he was there for years (1999-2011).

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Can Kirby? That's a joke right? Georgia was inconsistent and very disappointing before he got there. All he has done is make them perennial title contenders since he got there. This is his 5th straight marquee (new years day) bowl game

they can go back to the Taxslayer Bowl & Belk Bowl days if they want but I think they have one of the best coaches in college football right now.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

They were perennial contenders under Richt for a while in the 2000’s too before he tailed off at the end of his tenure.

Kirby’s elevated them but so has the $200 million they invested in the program when he got there. And he just can’t beat Alabama. It’s not like he took over Temple and now they’re perennial contenders. He took over a fringe contender and one of the biggest football schools in the country.

Time to go find a coach that can figure out how to beat Saban now that the groundwork has been laid.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I met friends at the bar / wing joint by my house for the SEC game.... as we walked in the place was packed with Dawgs fans.... well one of our crew is a DIE-HARD Gator fan/alum, and hates UGA like the Taliban. Lets just say he was having fun.... place was a ghost town by the end.... and at the rate my friends kept handing me beers, it was a good thing I could walk home (yesterday hurt)

13. BrowningNagle

Good luck with that. Saban has lost 6 games total in the last 5 years and won 3 national championships. There are no coaches that can figure out how to beat him

If Kirby was fired, he could have his pick of anywhere he wanted to coach. The ironic thing is that even some of the few teams above that pulled off an upset of Saban once would still kill to hire Kirby. (LSU, Auburn)

14. Jonathan_Vilma

So they’re just going to keep losing conference championship or national title games to Saban despite having a better team that absolutely dominated the SEC East all year? While Bama struggled to beat LSU, Auburn and Arkansas?

If Kirby doesn’t get over the hump and beat them in the CFP this year or next, I don’t think he’ll last much longer. The foundation is setup for the next coach to get them over the hump. It’s pretty psychological at this point.

15. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

If Kirby doesn’t get over the hump and beat them in the CFP this year or next, I don’t think he’ll last much longer. The foundation is setup for the next coach to get them over the hump.

I think it was Kirby's big chance this year, with Bama losing so many players to the NFL and having a very young team this year.

Next year Bama will still have Bryce Young and that all time recruiting class from last year will be coming through, after a year learning the ropes and hitting the weights.

Saban knows Kirby's defence so well thats he's one of the few that know how to combat it.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

They’ve out recruited Alabama 2/3 years from 2018-2020 (albeit not by a lot). Kirby believed he could line up and play base against Alabama just as he did against everyone else this year and he made a grave mistake not blitzing heavy. He blitzed Clemson a ton and stifled them even though Clemson’s offense sucked.

Auburn blitzed Alabama a TON and so did A&M although a little bit less because their front 4 is good. Did he not watch those games?

Leicester Jet likes this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is interesting--DRF.com takes horseracing bets--they have an intro whereby they match your initial deposit up to 250. So I atm'd (no fee) $100 and they matched. The rule is you have to bet the whole match within 2 weeks or they remove it.

So I bet $200 to show in a race I found where there were only 5 horses and one of them was a huge fav. Bet all 200 to show. He paid 2.10 for every 2 bet so I won 10 bucks.

Two weeks later the whole 210 became withdrawable so I took out my original 100 and my account is funded with their bonus.

The only risk is losing that very low odds show bet--else its a win.

18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Bama beats Goergia

that Milroe came up huge late. wow.

19. BrowningNagle

I don’t even like Florida State but that’s gonna be some horseshit when they are undefeated and left out

the NCAA did this to themselves with a half-assed playoff. The BCS model was better

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They would be 17 point underdogs to Georgia and 14 point underdogs to Alabama. They aren't one of the best 4 teams though because their QB snapped his leg. They shouldn't be in.