Colin Kaepernick a NYJ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, Jun 17, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, that's too much IMO, we would also be taking Kaep's contract. I would give them Mo and maybe a 3rd rounder at best for Kaep.

I think the Jets will be the better team this season, so I don't think the Jets should swap picks unless well they gamble and do the trade before the season starts.

[​IMG]

TurkJetFan likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there's a lot of "ifs" in that scenario...

IF the 49ers have a down year
    IF the 49ers decide the blow things up and try for a new QB
    IF the Jets get a top 15 pick
    IF the Jets decide they still need a QB and don't want one from the draft...

and the very speculated cost for him? who knows about that

Kaepernick the player though I think will bounce back and still has a bright future in this league. So depending on all the "if"s in the article I wouldn't mind the Jets chasing him

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kaepernick would be the best young QB the Jets have had since Chad. He's ***much*** better than anything they have now. It's not even close between him and Geno in terms of the established play level.

If you don't want Kaepernick for some reason then you're in the play Geno and Pray crowd or on the fantasy island of Messiah QB's in drafts yet to come.

I'd rather have Kaepernick right now than all but a small handful of QB's in the NFL. For next year there are maybe a dozen guys I'd rather have but for the potential window of the next 3 years there are only about half that number that are clearly better. Kaepernick's only thrown 21 picks in 1,117 NFL passes. If that fact alone doesn't have you salivating something is wrong.

westiedog1 and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You make a lot of very good points. The main issue I have is... at what cost?

5. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

A lot

6. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

IF they did go 5-11 or worse in spite of Kaep, why would they even consider trading him, in a QB-starved league?
    IF they went 5-11 in part BECAUSE of him, why would he be worth that price? Better to just trade up and draft one ourselves.

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

LMAO - John Clayton thinks the 49ers could get a high 1st round pick, Wilkerson and another mid-round pick for Kaepernick? And he's a "respected" NFL expert?

The Jets wouldn't trade a 1st rounder or Wilkerson for Kaepernick straight up, let alone both. LOL. Running ("mobile") quarterbacks are great right up until the first time they get hurt running around ... and then the team tells them they aren't allowed to run anymore, and they completely fall apart because a running quarterback with below-average accuracy is just a below average quarterback once you stop allowing them to run. It has happened to every running QB in the last 40 years with two exceptions (Cunningham and McNair). It even happens to terrible QBs with average mobility; remember when they brought Joe Girardi in to teach Sanchez to slide ... and then he never took off on third down again? Me too.

MJK likes this.
  8. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

John Clayton is a joke

Brook! likes this.
  9. Br4d

I think the Jets could easily trade next year's 1st plus Mo plus a conditional mid-round pick in either 2016 or 2017 for Kaepernick.

He's a QB. If he works out the Jets pick next year is in the 20's somewhere and they make the playoffs. Right now the Jets aren't making the playoffs until they find a QB.

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

His value isn't that high and he's coming off of a poor season. So you'd really give them Wilk and a 1st round pick for Kap? I wouldn't give them anything for him.

MJK likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

As much as i've bashed Kaep... i can't lie... we'd be a contender if he was on our team IF we were sticking to the ground n pound thing.. My problem with this is though this offense is actually set up for a QB that can read the field and pick defenses apart because we have a bunch of different options as opposed to just one now and we're going to be running a spread. I don't know if Kaep can succeed in that kind of offense. His playoff years were run, run, play action.. when he was asked to be more of a passer and san fran got all those new weapons, he and the 9ers fell off.

tbruner12 likes this.
  12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Eh, no. Loved watch Kaep at Neveda, esp beating those potato lovers in Boise, but that skill hasn't translated into the NFL. He throws a sh_t load of INTs.

13. Br4d

Kaepernick has started 45 games in the NFL. He's thrown at least 1 Interception in 19 of them. He's thrown 26 picks in his career overall in 1,279 passes attempted. That's a 2.0 Interception rate for his career.

Russell Wilson has started 56 games in the NFL. He's thrown at least 1 interception in 21 of them. He's thrown 32 picks in his career overall in 1,454 passes attempted. That's a 2.2 Interception rate for his career.

So if you don't want Kaepernick because he throws too many picks, well you wouldn't possibly sign up for Russell Wilson because he throws 10% more picks than Colin Kaepernick.

14. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

Do you even know what you are talking about?

In his NFL career, Kaep has thrown 50 TD's and 21 INT's.

That's better than a 2:1 ratio.

How do you consider that a "$hitload of INT's?

15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I've never been a fan of these runner QBs, so I'd pass.

Brook! and Ozymandias like this.
  16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Well m5my judgement is impaired since most of my friends are hard core Seahawks fans.

17. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

Fair enough, but Kaep in far from an INT machine.

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Lol anyone who wants him hasn't seen his contract. Trading Mo and picks for him?? Lol maybe Mo for Kap and a 1st. If he didn't get paid like Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers he'd be worth the risk.

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I always considered him to be bit inaccurate. But I honestly did not know he had thrown so few INTS. I would do that trade though. Guy has played in the big games.

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I believe a lot of his contract is made up of escalators.

Plus if the niners blow next year we'd have to consider a restructure anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk