COLD CASE: Elijah Moore (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Full D. And that trip attempt represented the failed prenup that Elijah's lawyer just found a way around.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

If you just look at the Steeler game, fore example, Elijah was targeted twice right around the same time. Similar with GW at one point in the game. And on the final drive, it was CD. In other words, LaFleur seems to call plays for each player in bunches, rather than mixing it up. I've noticed this trend over time. We'll see Sunday if it happens again, but watch for it. Hopefully, it doesn't happen, but he has done that.

3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

5. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

You assume that if someone was targeted that means LFL called the play for that receiver. That's not how it works. Passing plays have a 1st receiver, 2nd receiver, 3rd receiver, checkdown, etc. Whom Zach targets (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) depends on what the defense does. You can't assume that just because someone got targeted that means LFL was calling on them to be 1st for that play.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Once they put Moore in a better position to succeed they'll get more production out of him.

7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I don't assume anything. The plays I speak of are quick hits. All I can say is watch.

KingRoach likes this.
  8. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

For Elijah? Which quick hits did Elijah have? He was running long routes most of the day.

Noam likes this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That first INT was on Elijah. He can't be running lazy routes like that.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

During the offseason everyone was saying Moore was best out wide. Now people are saying he needs to be in the slot?

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He was our best wide out because we simply didn't have anyone better, but he's actually a better slot receiver.

mrjet80 likes this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I don’t think he needs to be in the slot but he has some great short area quickness, he’s also running some of the longest routes currently on the outside. You can fix that by putting him in the slot more and also have him run shorter routes. Somewhere in this thread someone posted his average route was pretty far up there.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm thinking a bust out game is coming soon enuff now that Davis & Conklin have shown some life...

ouchy likes this.
  14. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Relax, Wilson has been back two games and the timing between him and his receivers (including Wilson) has been off. Also, lay some of the blame on Lafleur who is not Andy Reid. Saleh hired alot of coaches with personal connections but are stll learning the X's and O's. Finally, you can't have everyone catching for a 100 plus yards. Wilson only threw for 210 yards so I don't see how Moore was going to be be a major impact.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Packers give up the 2nd most passing yards on crossing routes. There is absolutely no reason for Moore not to have a decent game on Sunday.

Acad23, burf and Jets79 like this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Moore will bust out sooner or later. I'm not worried about him.

cval, mrjet80, IDFjet and 3 others like this.
  17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we are running the ball and our RBs/ TEs are getting tons of yards after the catch we don't need our WRs to do all that much.

We just need to show that if teams try to put eight men in the box that we can and will score on the deep routes.

Noam likes this.
  18. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I trust the talent. Gotta find some of the Twitter threads but there are numbers that show Moore's run more yards on routes than anyone in the league by a large margin. Without looking at the film, that suggests to me that they have him running a lot of clears. There's also some good separation numbers. His time will come, lot of mouths to feed on this offense right now (and we're winning) so it's hard to complain

NCJetsfan, ouchy, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The bold portion is not accurate. He is open most of the time, but Flacco either wasn't looking for him, or was under such duress, he didn't have time to find him. Zach has been focusing on spreading the ball around and looking for shorter routes and quicker options to get the ball out of his hands. I believe that as the season progresses, we will see both Moore and G. Wilson catch more and more passes.

Royal Tee, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets have players in all positions that can hurt other teams on offense. Thus, opposing defenses can't focus on stopping one dimension of the Jets O. The Jets have entered a new era.