Coach makes case for Jets taking Zach Wilson in 2021 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Footballgod214, Feb 20, 2021.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

So you think Fields is the better QB? A run option QB going to the Jets where they're running the west coast offense. Fields would be the worst choice.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

IDK that Fields is actually a "run option" QB, but he will need to sit and learn and not be an immediate improvement for the Jets. But if they signed a decent, affordable vet it might make sense to take him, especially in a trade back situation. That's not what I prefer but it wouldn't be unthinkable.

J-Raw24 and boozer32 like this.
  3. boozer32

This is what worries me. The Saleh team is really quiet and that's a good thing. 9 weeks out with a raging pandemic still hovering around. We will see.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

Finally, an honest scouting report.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i know you dont like him because he is black. im not going to get into a conversation with YOU about it. because everything you say is skewed.

6. alleycat9

i didnt like how he played in that game. i thought he looked scared and unable to lead a better team to a win. i felt they got to him and it effected him.

he just doesnt do it for me. ive been wrong before, but i have really felt good about the team the past few months and drafting him would completely fuck that up for me. and i really dont want that to happen.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

If Fields succeeds as an NFL QB, he’ll be the FIRST Ohio State QB to do it

that is crazy for a school that good for so long

they just NEVER produce NFL quality QBs

I’m out on Fields....

boozer32 and NYJalltheway like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

Fair enough. I know that you do your research so you don't make your judgements without any basis, I just see him differently.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

I am not high on Fields but I hate that reasoning. Judge the player not the helmet logo.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Before Watson, who was the last Clemson QB to excel in the NFL? I don't think that logic is fair for evaluating QB's or any position for that matter.

HomeoftheJets and PJ4Ever like this.
  11. alleycat9

thats the scary part about the draft. we both can look at a guy and not agree at all on how he will perform. thats why a guy like watson is a dream because there is no fear that he isnt what we think he is. on fields, i think he will do well. hes a kid i hope does well. but i really cant say definitively that he will. im even torn a little on lawrence being the next great.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

I do hope Fields does well - especially if the Jets take him! - and I think as long as he goes to a team with decent talent and a good CS he will. Of course we don't know if the Jets will fit that criteria yet, we can only hope.

And I agree about Lawrence. He will almost certainly succeed, but again, if he's put into a a Darnold-like situation IDK how well he'd do - probably better than Darnold did, but that's a pretty low bar.

13. alleycat9

im as happy about the saleh trade as i have ever been about a coaching hire. joe douglas has grown on me the past 8 months and i am looking forward to the team as much as i can remember in the last 20 years. i hope they can continue to make good decisions and make a winner out of this franchise.

Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm leaning this way. The Wilson love has become a little too overwhelming for it to be legit. I think Fields is the pick but who knows

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Never in a million years. If it happens I'll eat a hat right here live on this board

REVISion and major33 like this.
  16. Kotite's Revenge

If you haven’t listened to Play Like a jet - episode 939 w/ Tim Jenkins, you absolutely must.

My Fields issue have mostly been his release, he throws like he playing Center field for the Indians. Such a lllooooonnnnggg throwing motion. Couple that with the info on that podcast and you’ll come to the conclusion that Fields shouldn’t see the starting lineup until ‘23 at the earliest.

Not worthy of #2. No chance, no way.

Noam, Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yeah my post was an extension of the earlier posts that said 'some coaches are rating Zach Wilson higher than Trevor Lawrence". So I thought how funny if Urban Myer caught wind of it and started reading those articles, then decides he want's Zack, so he calls JoeD and offers to trade picks with the only caveat being JD doesn't trade Sam into Urban's division, implying Sam is gonna tear it up at his next stop.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Just listened. Wow he's really high on Wilson.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. boozer32

Why are you offended cause you're black? Because if your not then the only one that is black between us is me. Now you sound and look stupid and ignorant.

20. boozer32

That is my reasoning also. Ohio St has a brutal reputation on NFL QB's. Not to mention the Jets have had awful luck with their players too.