Clemson vs Ohio State - Lawrence vs Fields

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Rockinz, Jan 1, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I will be shocked if they don't! They need a QB. It isn't Sam. I don't care if they got 5 1st round picks, they aren't worth losing out on a FQB, and Fields looks like a great bet for becoming a FQB.

EDIT: I initially misread this. Thanks to Brook for pointing out my mistake.

They might. If OSU wins the National Championship and Fields has another great game, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He said Jags not Jets! :)

JetsKickAss and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Oops!

JetsKickAss and Brook! like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup...so if we end up with Trevor he should be right at home!

Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Guys, the Jaguars are taking Lawrence.

There is no way they don't. If they take Fields, we get Lawrence. Win win.

6. Footballgod214

What's the over under for how long it takes the players to smash the trophy on the locker room floor?:)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

We may win if they take TL too. Everyone was SO sure the best 2 Qbs were Sam and Baker and then 2 others end up being WAY better in Lamar and Allen.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Footballgod214

And they most likely will....I just remember the noise about the Browns taking Sam #1 overall, no question about it. Then like literally the day be for the draft...or maybe even the morning of...there were a few crazy rumors the Browns MIGHT go with Baker Mayfield instead of Sam. No one believed it until they took Baker #1. I know the players are all different this time, but the situation is exactly the same.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

OK....this has been fun but I've been ordered to 'get in here'.....see y'all tomorrow! Sweet dreams

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  10. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

The only SoJ thing that could happen would be if Lawrence stayed in school, Fields went #1 and we end up with Sewell lol

Catfish Billy and Brook! like this.
  11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I saw no urgency from Trevor Lawrence tonight.

Looked like he was playing the consolation game in a tournament.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. JetsKickAss

But everything I have read says that JoeD LIKED/LOVED Sam coming out of the 2018 draft.

How much, we don't know. I've never seen a quote that says otherwise, but we don't know if it's a 5-second throwaway line or if he was saying "Son of a bitch, that Mike Macagnan lucked out with the best QB since Luck or maybe our own Wentz falling to #3."

If he wants Fields (or Wilson) then he needs to move Sam ASAP so teams can know their options. He can't trade him in 2 or 3 months, he may have to trade him in 1 month or so.

13. JetsKickAss

I don't want Urban, he's quit 3 times because of "health" issues.

He didn't coach this version of Fields, either.

stinkyB and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

He may have loved Sam at that time. If he decides to draft a QB in this draft, that doesn't change that. Just because he decides to move on now doesn't mean that he didn't like his potential 3 years ago. That was then, this is now. He has now seen Sam play for two years, and has film of his rookie season. He knows that Sam has regressed, has footwork and mechanics issues, has issues seeing the whole field, has issues reading Ds, makes bad decisions, and has an injury history. If you were Douglas, would you base your career on fixing Sam? I sure wouldn't, especially considering the cap ramifications. He can trade Sam, get a draft pick or picks with which to address other positions, take a better QB in the draft without having to trade up, reset the QB cap, and have a QB that he picked, not the previous GM. Why wouldn't he do that?

He doesn't have to trade him immediately, either. For one thing, I believe that he is going to wait until he hires the new HC and they will decided together, but JD's mind could already be pretty much made up, and he could hire a HC who agrees that they need to move on from Sam. It may take longer than a month to hire the new HC. If they decide to move on, he could wait until FA and see if he is able to sign a FA veteran QB to start or as insurance in case Fields/Wilson/Lance isn't ready to start day one. He could also wait until just before the draft or immediately following the draft. He could work a deal with a team that if they don't get the QB they want in the draft that they will trade for Sam. He could wait until he sees how they all play in TC, or showcase him in preseason then trade him sometime before the trade deadline next season.

Teams have to have a chance to evaluate this season, and a number of teams will be hiring new GMs and/or HCs. He will probably get more for Sam if he waits and lets teams call him inquiring about Sam's availability, rather than announcing that Sam is available.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He is a alpha dog, I get killer instinct vibes from him. I think a team would go all out for him as their QB

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I wasn't concerned with his arm. I'm not sure how people can't comprehend what they read and continue to spread nonsense. with that said I watched the game and still not impressed with fields