Clayton says Jets talking to Rams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He's NEEDS to work on his footwork or he's not ever going to live up to his potential. In that clip he had terrible footwork 5 out of the 6 passes. It's important, and if the Jets spend the No. 6 pick on him I hope he works on it.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is a bad argument. I'm against trading up, but because I feel a good player is falling to us at 6. To not make a move because several years ago someone made a bad pick is stupid. Its this front office's job to make decisions based on thier scouting and evaluations, not because D-rob failed.

Last time we took a running back at 2 it was Blair Thomas. We don't want that happening again do we? :breakdance:

The fact that Thomas sucked should have no bearing on this draft, same goes for D-rob or any player.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The last time we traded up was for David Harris, the time before that was for Darrelle Revis, those worked out pretty well. I don't think this is the draft to trade up in, I think we are in a perfect spot right where we are but at least get your facts straight.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Footwork can be corrected.

They had a very good segment with Casserly on NFL Network the other day comparing two top QB draft picks in David Carr and Carson Palmer.

Casserly still believes that Carr was the right choice, and he blames Carr's failure on the lack of a solid players around him. Tony Boselli and former Jet Ryan Young were supposed to play tackle for the Texans in Carr's rookie season, but both were injured...so Carr had a guard protecting his blindside and a make-shift, inexperienced offensive line protecting him. Casserly then talked about Carson Palmer's rookie year - He was able to come in, hold the clipboard for a year and LEARN behind Jon Kitna. The Bengals had two awesome tackles, and a good offensive line when Carson Palmer became the starter the next year. Palmer had early success because of the solid players that were placed around him.

...I believe the Jets have a solid enough team now for Matt Ryan to come in here and win mid-season, or in 2009. I'd much rather draft Darren McFadden, Chris Long, or Vernon Gholston, but if Matt Ryan is the real deal, and he's drafted by a team that has solid players all around him, he will find success like Casserly thinks.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I agree somewhat. This draft has some positions that have a lot of great players that can slide into the 2nd or 3rd round. Those are the rounds where I would like to see the Jets acquire extra picks, or trade up. I still think Mangini and Tannenbaum will try to get another pick somewhere between rounds 2 and 3.

Also, Mangini and Tannenbaum didn't trade up for Roberston...so people can't use that as an example anymore.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Excellent point.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ainge has highlighted hair, he's very injury prone, and he has NO mobility. He did have a great senior year at UT though...so that should earn him a pick inside of the first 4 rounds.

O'Connell is my favorite late round guy.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would be a little PO'd if they did this, but if the Jets want to trade up into the 6th round and take somebody they think might be the next Tom Brady that's their option.