Classic Sci-Fi weekend!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Last night's Godzilla offerings were pretty bad.. I mean historically baaaaaad.. I'm kinda glad this is coming to an end next week. The earlier ones were pretty good but its been a slow glide slope to oblivion.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

But you watched, dincha? Of course you did; because that 4:30 movie twitch upon the thread, resistance is futile!. You know you're getting old when you put on your Gene Shalt hat and start critiquing the finer points of Japanese Cheese.

[​IMG]

. . . And better to be in here than in the Main Forum. Everyone sounds like they have a mouth full of toilet paper.

[​IMG]

Cman68 likes this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Invasion of the Neptune Men" was on late the other night - production/everything so cheesy bad that it was good in a "Roadhouse" way.

Starring the immortal Sonny Chiba

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cman68 likes this.
  4. jetophile

@Cman60 'Jason and the Argonauts' is starting on TCM right now! Yay! Well' from 10 p.m. - 12:00 a.m., they're talking shit right now. 'Soylent Green' was just on, hahaha. Everybody who knows me knows how much I love Chuck Heston. And just why is that? Because he's terrible!

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I saw it! They can't make em like that anymore!!!

6. jetophile

Ha, excellent! Today's CGI, meh. Dana Carvey and Dennis Miller did the intro, it was really enjoyable. Yep, 56 years later, and that film is still magical.

Part of the reason I have such deep respect for John Carpenter is that his effects are all good old-fashioned blood and guts, pastry bag, cookie dough, toothpaste, sometimes shit blows up, high school experiment, Chemistry 101. You get the idea. Same thing with Guillermo del Toro.

Dennis Miller was takling about the film and he said one time he asked Tom Hanks what his favorite movie was. Tom Hanks said the best movie of all time was 'Jason and the Argonauts'. Miller said no, what's your favorite movie and Hanks said it's my favorite and it's also the best movie of all time. LMAO.

Glad you caught it. :)

Cman68 likes this.