CJ Mosley opts out of 2020 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Of course you can criticize. You have every right to and every right to be upset that he took the year off.

Him opting out does not make him a "non team player" and a "shmuck". He does not deserve to be traded simply because he opted out. He does not deserve for his contract to be cut off the books simply because he opted out.

You can be mad as hell at him for all I care. Calling him names and wanting to "trade his ass" because of his decision is ridiculous and immature. Especially when you read all the posts when he was going to play this season.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Opting out alone doesn’t make him a schmuck but if he’s out there partying as alleged it does in my opinion. I didn’t think he was that guy

3. Falco21

Again, this is solely based on a random tweet someone posted. Not only does his physical appearance not match him on his recent social media postings, but it is based on a "person I know" who saw him at a bar in Alabama.

Pretty crazy to just believe a random photo that someone no one knows posted and call him a "schmuck" and demand he be traded

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I said IF

5. Falco21

I know you said "if" and I know you are not claiming one way or the other.

I am referencing the following comments:

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree, im just trying to see if the haters actually have any real proof that he opted out for one reason or another or if they are just making something up so that they can be mad at him for "ruining their season" and "not being a team player"

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Anyone who opts our unless they have a prior medical condition isn’t a team player. I don’t think anyone needs to see proof to come to that assumption. Hes just one of the long list of FA who tanked it, quit, or just flat out suck after this team gives out a big pay day.

8. Falco21

Tell me all about "being a team player". I'd love to hear this from someone posting on a forum LOL!

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He got $10M this year so next season he only counts for $7.5M on the cap

10. 94Abraham

No need to waste my time on a pathetic little uneducated homer like you

11. Falco21

"Pathetic little uneducated homer"

Fuckin Masters Degree, the new definition of "uneducated" in 2020 :rolleyes:

roboz08 and alleycat9 like this.
  12. alleycat9

if you cant understand that the nfl gave them an OPTION then you dont get it, if you cant understand were in a PANDEMIC you dont get it. its like the old voluntary practice and then you get mad at someone for missing it like they are a piece of garbage because they missed something voluntary. as if you have no idea what the term voluntary means.

13. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Yeah the NFL gave them an option...but all that means is he is within his legal right. It is not going to change the narrative that he is selfish, quitter, etc. He is NOT a team player... because his TEAM Is playing, and he is choosing NOT to, simple as that... and enough with the pandemic nonsense.... you want to know who has a valid reason to sit out? Ron Rivera... and what is he doing??? Mosely should be ashamed of himself and i cant see how he can look his teammates in the eye any longer

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if some fans think Mosley is doing the right and smart thing.

What matters is what the Jets locker room thinks.

#374 ouchy, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe he's holding out for a new coaching staff.

If I were him, I would.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. 94Abraham

Such a terrible pandemic that the other 99% of players are playing. It’s a terrible selfish look when all his other teammates are busting their ass for the team but he is taking a pass. Like I said before, if he had a pre existing condition where he was at high risk, it would be understandable but its not. Them making it voluntary is only to cover themselves from liability.

17. 94Abraham

Exactly. That’s really the only point I’m making.

18. alleycat9

you have quotes of them calling him selfish?

you will find that most normal human beings get the reasons that guys would take the option to not play.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Considering the tests to positive ratio in the NFL at this point, Mosely is at much greater risk going to the grocery store than playing in an NFL game. That could change at any time but the players are testing so frequently than they will not allow an infection into the facility

94Abraham, cval and alleycat9 like this.
  20. 94Abraham

It’s a pretty safe assumption. Hell, Mark Andrews for the Ravens has type 1 diabetes and still is taking a chance and was quoted today that he isn’t at any higher risk playing then staying at home. Obviously no one is going to have audio or a direct quote but if I had to bet, I can’t see this sitting well with his fellow teammates he goes to war with.