Chris Simms at it again....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 21, 2022.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Your second guy sucks with men on base.

2. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Home run hitters work in college but not in the Nfl, Nfl defenses are to good and will just play back, when he got no touch on the ball or can't complete a 1 yard passes its easy to adjust to his game.Zack can throw it 50 yards 50 times in a game and most of his passes will be incomplete or intercepted unless his receivers make real good plays. Zack is a Sandbox Qb and maybe a college Qb, he has no talent to be a Nfl Qb.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

When you start likening NFL quarterbacks to baseball players, it's probably time to get a new QB.

MoWilkBeast, papapump, Br4d and 4 others like this.
  4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I don't think Simms is connected with Zach, but he is in love with his potential. It's like buying a car or a home. Never fall in love with it, otherwise you compromised your own negotiations. Why because your using emotions to negotiate, and that never works.

I think Simms is in love with Zachs arm, mobility, swag, whatever it is.... But unfortunately for whatever reason Zach hasnt lived up to the hype.

One thing that can save Zach's Jet career is... Playoffs. If Zach can get to the playoffs and play well he would've have earned himself another chance at being the Franchise guy. Basically what Sanchize did his first 2 years.

5. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Yeah, some people like cars that have poor visibility but good in everything else. Good description of Zach.

azhar80 likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lamborghinis come to mind, and God do I love them. But they are not worth a crap as an everyday commuter.

SOJAZ, azhar80 and 50ShadesOfGreen like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Chris Simms Is a fucking idiot.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Odd...I watched that whole video and didn't hear Simms - or Florio - say that once. Can you help me out by indicating the time stamp on the video where one of them said that?

I mean criticize Zach for his faults, he certainly has them as we've discussed ad nauseum, but do you really need to make up shit?

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

3:39.

10. ColoradoContrails

All the Zach Bashers here aren't going to listen to anything positive said about him. It's all shit, all the time for them. But the reality is that there is good stuff with him. Does saying that make you hear "Zach is perfect and has no flaws"? Because that's what is seems like. But if you can step back away from your fixed perspective, you might consider that he's got some good qualities that MW doesn't have. Mobility. Escapability. Ability to make off schedule plays. All of these have enabled Zach to find the EZ when MW has not been able to.

If the defense had not given up a 4th down 52 yard TD...if Saleh had used his time outs correctly...if Elijah Moore simply falls down instead of losing 6 yards...the Jets either beat the Lions or at worst, tie them and go into OT because of plays that Zach made. You can make loud claims all you want that if MW was the QB they wouldn't have needed those heroics from Zach, but you don't know that. If White were playing with that OL and the losses of receivers and RBs he might not have done any better and possibly even worse.

The reality is that Zach was and is inconsistent, but he does tend to find a way to move the team when their back is against the wall. That's not enough to anoint him as a FQB or even to warrant starting him over a healthy White at this point, but he makes plays that so far MW hasn't been able to and that has to count for something.

NCJetsfan, bicketybam and Mogriffjr like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

Listen to it again without your "I hate Zach Wilson official earphones" on. He never said "It's the WFAN crowd's fault that Zach Wilson isn't good".

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No, he didn't. I took you at your word that you were unable to find a reference to WFAN and pointed out to you where it was; that has nothing to do with supporting any contention made by another poster here. The purpose of Simms was to criticize those who criticize Wilson, as if anyone who does so needs the prodding of a radio station to be dissatisfied - he had nothing stronger to go with and appears to believe Wilson, for some reason, should not be subject to the same examination that every professional athlete is subject to.

I don't need earphones to hear any more than I need green colored glasses to see the glaring failings of Wilson. There was no substance to his whining just as there was no substance to Saleh's bitching about an instant coffee society. It's almost as if Saleh bore no responsibility for putting Wilson on the field September 9, 2021, that must have taken gallons of Nescafe.

But thanks for once again being so obstinate to accuse me of hating Wilson because you seem to have nothing else. Do you have a point to make at all?

HackettSuxTNG likes this.
  13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Yes, we can all agree that was a horrible play with a horrible design. Why are we designing plays that get our TE wide open when there are other players on the team?!!?!

Thank you for saying what everyone was thinking.

Simms says Jets fans are too critical? Pshaw I say

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bicketybam likes this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Steve Walsh on Zach Wilson:

Alex Smith on Zach Wilson:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I doubt it. I watched Kingman play and his defining characteristics were lots of HR and strikeouts, low batting average and walks leading to a very low OBP and finally terrible defense in left field. Given the difference in skill levels between 1975 and 2022 I think the odds are he's a .185 hitter with a .250 OBP (being very generous here as I think it would be more like a .225 OBP), maybe 30 HR's and likely 200+ strikeouts. He'd be doing this as a DH where you expect much more production.

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This is absolutely true. If this team wins 4+ more games this year and Wilson plays well, it would be hard to argue. Hell, if they win 3 more this year with him playing competent football, he may earn it.

azhar80 likes this.
  17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Thank you.

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Thank you, again.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Good points about Zach's advantages over Mike, and he did enough to put us in position to win, which is what you want from your backup, but I think with Mike we definitely win this game. We will never know of course for sure, but based on what we have seen, it's not a stretch to say we get >20 with Mike. The defense we faced was Bears/Minny level, not Buffalo. Against these defenses Mike averages 2.5 TDs per game. And this was a home game, which tilts is more towards the Bears game. Even if he puts 22, like in Minny, we still win, but given this is a home game, I think more like 27-20 win is where we end up with this one.

Looking at the film it was basically Bears game all over again. Wide open receivers everywhere, need to get rid of the ball quickly to hit them. Everything possible of course and we will never know, but Mike has shown twice now he can put up over 20 points we needed to win against soft defenses like this, and even more at home.

20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Good breakdown in the final few minutes of why he won't last in the league.

"The quality of the misses are way too wide, too vast, the miss radius is massive, and you don't see guys play on Sundays very long with a significant miss radius. Where you are missing guys by yards and you see wide receivers pissed with terrible body language, throwing their hands up, those types of things. That shit doesn't last in the league..."

SOJAZ and Borat like this.