Chris Russo Hates, I mean HATES the Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Dec 9, 2006.

1. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Exactly and as for Russo it is better that he thinks we are bad, because he is one of the worst jinx that I've ever seen

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

TBTF Hates, I mean HATES Chris Russo.

TBTF

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Beningo is a hard listen for a Jet fan also. He sounds like the "typical" Jet fan next to you at the game who opinion changes with every play. Complete pass - "Pennington is great" Incomplete pass "Penningtons stinks - put in Clemens." Jets are winning - "Mangini is a genius" Jets are losing unexpectedly "Tice would have been a better hire." Etc. He may talk Jets, but it is painful to listen to.

4. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

This is so true. Last year, just before the season started, he picked us to go to the Super Bowl and look what happened. This year he picks the Giants and look what happened. Let him go on with his BS - maybe it will help us this time.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I love how he fails to mention the Giants blowing a 21 point 4th quarter lead to the Titans. He fails to mention how the Giants were blown out at home by the Bears when the Jets game was decided by 2 plays. He also fails to mention the Giants game in Seattle when they were down what 42-3 at one point?

How convienent for the other team in New York that Chris Weinke will be he QB tommorow. To this day the best Jet game I ever attended was when the Giants needed to win on the last game of the season to get into the playoffs and the Jets stomped them..... Hey Russo you remember that? I do and so do all the Giant fans that fail to recognize that the Jets are the superior team in NY. This is Eli's 3rd season and he is nothing more than a mediocre QB, San Diego will be laughing all the way to the SB while loudmouths like Russo and Fatcessa will continue get down and praise Manning. Don't feel bad Giant fans , your not the 1st FO the Chargers have fleeced over a mediocre QB. But you'll never hear Russo or Fatboy tell you the Chargers are laughing at you. But living on the West Coast I'll tell you if you ask a Charger fan about Eli Manning they respond ... Who? That's right they say who? Trust me they enjoyed getting Phillip Rivers and Sean Merriman along with nate Keading for that guy that wears the same number but wishes he was half the man as the #10 in green. Enjoy your 8-8 season Giant fans.

#65 Barry the Baptist, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Soss the Jets are winning with a 6th round 2nd year RB and a rookie "undersized" 4th round RB. 2 Rookies on the OL and a QB coming off 2 rotater cuff surgeries. Throw in the fact that they have a rookie head coach who is younger than New England's 3rd string QB an entire new defensive scheme. Yes the injuries hurt the Giants but that is no excuse to blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead to the Titans. If you take Tiki away the way the Jets lost Martin do the Giants even have as many wins as they do?

Talentwise the Giants have it all, a guy who was groomed to be a SB winning QB, a great RB in his last hurrah, a 1st round TE, a 1st round WR (whose new nickname is alligator) a veteran coach and a scheme that has been in place fror years but the Jets are a TEAM. Give me that team over the superstars anyday..... The Jets would beat the Giants if they played this year.

7. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Russo has ZERO crediabilty in his football knowledge..He talks tennis and baseball that's what that clown knows..He would'nt know what a football was if it hit'em between the eyes..A clown with a radio show with a huge audience..that all

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the yankees have won though, the Giants haven't. They had their moments in the mid-late 80s but since then it's been a struggle and we have beent he better franchise in the last 10 seasons.

9. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Russo is an insult to the intelligence of a 10 year old. His absolute and sometimes bizarre lack of logic makes him impossible to take seriously. Unfortunately, the sound of his voice is also unpleasant to listen to, so I can't even be entertained by his stupidity. Stopped listening to him and his windbag partner quite a while ago.

10. Denny

Denny Active Member

The Namath interview was going well until they started asking him if he was okay.(drinking issues) He obviously didn't want to talk about it but Chris kept asking. I was a little annoyed at that. Leave the Legend alone.

11. John127

John127 New Member

I agree with you 100%!

I refuse to listen to him. You're right, he does sound like every idiot you encounter in the parking lot. He doesn't know the game and sounds so dumb at times.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's been asked about it in every other interview, why would he not expect to talk to them about it? He was on the air to promote a book which discusses w/ his alcoholism(I think) so why was he surprised to talk about it?

13. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

Just talking about Russo recognizes what he is there for...to provoke comment....and he does...and mine is...what a verbally challenged piece of limited knowledge he is. A one trick pony. and its what helped to make WFAN and theMike/Dog show what it is....they were/are always shills for the current sport that they broadcast...and they diminish the local teams that aren't. But back on point...Russo is not a very well read guy...and what he reads(newspapers basically), he often doesnt even correctly understand. I wont listen anymore...stopped years ago...I have respect for Francesa's smarts and knowledge but he too is a two-faced shill whenever it "suits the suits" upstairs. THERE...I feel better now

14. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

I thought Russo only cared about baseball and tennis.

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Russo hates everything about NY--he must hate himself, I guess. I am tired of these comparisons-the Giants do have talent, but whatever happened to the AFC is way better than the NFC' argument? I am pretty sure, watching both teams, that the Jets would beat them on the field. They are more disciplined, more patient, infinitely better coached on the sideline during the game. That is it for me.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

17. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

Screw Russo! The Jacksonville Faguars were 12-4 based on the same "easy" schedule last season. The bottom line is, there aren't any easy schedules in the NFL. Relatively speaking, some are more difficult than others, but nothing is easy in this league.

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Gimmie a break, please tell me you're joking.

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

anybody listening today? about 3 hours on the smurfs, they just gave us a token 3 minutes...then chris russo for 2 minutes on how boring we are and how he can't get into the jets. He thinks our offense is boring, we have no playmakers (coles, cotchery? hello?) and our games are terrible.

the jets are where the story is at now! they deliberately ignore us for the train wreck that is the giants. I understand it's because it is a disaster and a train wreck...but how many times do you have to harp on it. there's another story brewing here!

It's almost like Mike and Chris are disappointed the Jets are still very much alive at this point in the season, they hoped for us to be dead by now so they can talk Giants 24/7. They're bothered by us winning.

20. JETTS216

JETTS216 New Member

i couldnt agree more.. .let the JETS fly under the media radar...