Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yanks9596, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's it. Keep diggin'.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're just being ridiculous. I don't think there's a Jet fan out there that dislikes Chris Ivory. In fact I'm pretty sure everyone loves the way Chris Ivory runs and what he's done for us. You can feel all of those things and not think he's a top 10 running back, which he isn't.

Not to mention, this all started because you thought he was better than guys like Charles, Bell and Lynch. Lets not stray too far from that awful post…

this is why we can't have nice things.

socaljetfan likes this.
  3. Green4ever

Green4ever New Member

I think we need to add another RB. Inabsolutely love Ivory but there is no way Ivory survives the season getting 20+ runs that all include violent collissions and 3-4 guys taking shots at him every other run. Powell looked good in August but has been dissapointing and its clear that without Ivory on the field its a different offense. Think we need another first/second down back that can take 6-7 carries a game.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That's Stevan Ridley hopefully...

RochesterJet likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

As far as this past sunday, I don't think he'll continue to get as many carries. They weren't worried about giving him 30 carries because they had the bye week coming up. Also, Powell went out with an injury and Stacy sucks. They figured they'd just run him as much as they could and let him rest up next week. I'll be surprised if he continues to carry that type of workload

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Ray Rice was done even prior to the injury. He wasn't effective running the football. Now, Bradshaw would be a good addition to the team because of his toughness and ability to catch the football. Powell has that groin injury also. If Powell is OK, then I think they will go with Ivory / Powell and Stacy until Ridley is back and ready to play.

7. DaBallhawk

PFF’s All-Pro Team through Week 4

Running back: Chris Ivory (Jets)
    The effort of Ivory against the Dolphins propelled him onto this list, where he was at his bruising best. No running back has a higher grade rushing the ball, and only one (Carlos Hyde) has forced more missed tackles.

JETS1116 and BigJenks like this.
  8. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

I enjoy watching Ivory play more than any Jet RB since Freeman McNeil. Different styles -- Ivory is a bruiser, McNeil made everything look like butter. (They'll probably have the same types of career in terms of durability).

Curtis Martin bored me. I'm in the camp that thinks Martin's one redeemable quality was being durable and reliable for measured yards but not as much game impact as a player like Ivory.

9. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Nailed it!

10. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

have you seriously never heard of gino gradkowski? if not, ask a ravens fan

Did you watch the Colin Baxter Jets?

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So why wasn't he this good the last two years? All the line has done is get older, it hasn't changed at all and now in fact we don't play with tight ends on the field very often at all.

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Mainly durability issues. Because of his running style, the dude is always nursing an injury. He did shed a little bit of weight in the offseason as well......

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think having a big tall threat like Marshall on the outside has helped open things up a bit for him.

also, Gailey system is typically RB friendly

also, he's played 3 games and 2 of them were against bad run defenses. so that might help too haha

14. Paul Rezon

Paul Rezon New Member

Ivory is a beast!

He absolutely tears teams apart with his low centre of gravity and power running he is just hard to stop - Would you like to try and stop him... :confused:

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Icory was also great last year, but they tried so hard to get Johnson in the mix. We'll see how Chris holds up over the season, but right now they sure don't seem to be missing Johnson who btw is doing well. Just not as good as Chris.

16. DaBallhawk

Congrats, well deserved.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I love it when our players win the unsupported video award. Brings a tear to my eye!

18. DaBallhawk

Tapatalk sucks. Safari does a better job with message boards and that's just a generic browser!

Anyway:
    Cheers to #Rivers & @ivory33 for winning this week's FedEx #AirandGround @NFL Players of the Week!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Is it easy to browse tgg with it though? Tapatalk is layed out very nicely. The tweets are there only downfall really.

20. DaBallhawk

It's not that big of a deal to be honest as far as browsing. But with a browser you're not getting the notifications unfortunately and that to me is the biggest thing. So I use Tapatalk but only for notifications. :D
    Then I use safari or any other browser to reply or just browse the board. But you're right, I wish Tapatalk would fix this thing, because other than that it is a lot more convenient.