Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yanks9596, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Exactly. But apparently you have enough time to waste to keep arguing...

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

3 to 4 years? Who cares about 3 or 4 years down the line? We are talking about right now. Ivory is not a top 5 back in this league period. Even in 3 to 4 years Bell and Charles will be far superior. Then you got Ameer Abuddah and Carlos Hyde from the 49ers.

You aren't making any sense.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who is arguing? Usually there has to be two sides. There's nothing for me to argue because you're just flat out wrong. Again do you think it's a coincidence that nobody agrees with you?

4. DaBallhawk

Do you even understand the discussion we're having? I think not.

5. 101GangGreen101

You should ask yourself that question, because you're jumping all over the place. Ivory ain't a top 5 back in terms of talent. Done.

6. DaBallhawk

Talent? Do you actually have a chart that ranks all players based on talent? Where was Bell ranked 2 years ago? How about Ridley when he rushed for 1300 yards? And where is he now on your chart? What kind of talent? Physical? Mental? Stop acting like what you think you know is factually right because that just isn't the case. The sooner you realize that the better. I know that I can't prove that I'm right either but I don't claim to be factually right. You can think Charles is a better back, that Bell is better, whatever, that's up to you. I think Ivory is a more dangerous back who can do more with less. Why are you trying to argue that?

7. 101GangGreen101

If you watch these guys actually play - it's painfully obvious, Bell and Charles are superior to Ivory. Bell has been solid since he's been in the league. Ridley isn't nearly as versatile and has had issues protecting the football in the past, but Ridley has been solid - but he's no Bell or Charles.

Bell and Charles being better than Ivory is factually right, you can't disprove that, and the only person that would take Ivory over Bell / Charles is a moron. It's looking like you fit the bill. No GM, no scout, no one except you.

8. DaBallhawk

Bell was about as solid as Trent Richardson was in his rookie year. Are you sure you aren't impaired right now? And Ridley had 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2012, how is that "solid"? I'm sure you had him as one of the elite backs in the league at that time but now that he's not the flavor of the month anymore he's "solid"? What if Bell comes back and can't match DeAngelo's numbers? What if he becomes DeAngelo's backup? Is he still elite after the season? It just doesn't make any sense the way you argue. You have no definition of what a great back is. You just pick the flavor of the month and once his numbers drop you move on to the next guy. That's a great way to rank players because you can always just point towards statistics and say how factually right you are. Brilliant strategy.

9. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, let's compare Bell to Trent Richardson great idea! Another moronic statement. They play nothing alike. See the difference between the 2 is Bell is just as good as anyone in the league when it comes to finding holes made by the offensive line, Trent Richardson was cut because he can't do that. DeAngelo will not surpass Bell. Not happening, Bell can line-up on the outside, he runs good routes and can make some plays catching the football. Maybe you should watch him play.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Ridley, he's not better than Bell. Why are you using statistics? I thought this talk was about talent. You are reaching for something that's just not there. I think you should stick to posting tweets because outside of that - your knowledge for this game is non-existent. Lmao, flavor of the month.

10. Vlodato

Vlodato Member

I love how every forgets how Thomas Jones bled for us for years. Not calling you out because I know your just excited about ivory because iv always loved ivory. It's just I see this a lot and it upsets me. Dude risked his body every Sunday like the beast he was.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

11. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Excellent comparison. If you're a jet fan and need to pick one back for a must win game - you need to pick ivory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Thomas Jones admitted to not surrendering his body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abyzmul likes this.
  13. Vlodato

Vlodato Member

I'm not sure what that means? Rushing for 1000+ yards for 3 straight years, 1400 in his last. Holds our single game rushing record and most touchdowns in a single season. Not to mentions his 4th and 1 conversion that sent us to Indianapolis.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 4h4 hours ago
    Jets RB Chris Ivory lost yardage on only 1 of his 29 carries vs Dolphins. He gained 9+ yards a ridiculous 10 times.

15. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Love Ivory, but doubt he stays healthy. Ridley was probably a good signing.

16. DaBallhawk

So much for that. @MoProblems96

17. matt robinson 17

Tough to stay healthy playing that style, very admirable though, you see the difference when he doesn't play our running game stinks w/o him

18. DaBallhawk

The crazy thing is he gets those yards even after being hit in the backfield.

19. matt robinson 17

Of the 166 yesterday, I bet 100 yards at least, was after contact

20. matt robinson 17

58 yards behind Peterson (372-314) for the NFL rushing lead and only played 3 games