Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yanks9596, Sep 14, 2015.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'd say no. not just for this week, but will playing 70-80% ridley this week keep him from being 100% next week? if so, let him rest

2. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

So I was checking out this week's rundown of power rankings and noticed that Yahoo! had us slipping down from 7 to 8. I went to the article to see the reasoning and saw this:

"Not to be like a baseball team worried about innings pitched, but Chris Ivory has never had more than 198 carries in a season. He has 83 in four games played this year. If that average keeps up and he plays in all 11 remaining games, that would be 311 carries. Something to watch."

That definitely plays into what you're saying and is a bit of a concern considering how dependent on Ivory this offense has become.

#222 SonofDinger, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Vida likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

His running style doesn't support an injury free season. He runs like Marshawn but he is unfortunately not Marshawn to the point where he can seek out contact every play and eat it season after season. It's not an attempt to discredit him it's just the reality in not everyone is built to be tackled 350 times in 4 months by monsters of men.

Ridley could solve what Stacy and Powell cannot. We don't need a monster backup runningback but we need a formidable player or the offense is going to fall apart. The biggest swing and miss of the offseason was to assume Powell was going to be solid at it. I was wrong about it too as were many Jets fans.

ajax likes this.
  4. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

How do we think Ivory will do against the Pats? I think it's unrealistic to expect another dominant performance like we saw against Washington and Miami. Of course, I would love to be wrong, but Belichick always likes to take away what the offense does best, and Ivory is clearly our number one weapon. We also might be playing from behind, making us air it out more. What do you think?

If we get 100 yards and a touchdown from Ivory I think we've got at least a 50% chance of winning.

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

The Colts ran the ball well on them last week so I don't see why Ivory shouldn't top 100 yards rushing this week. That's more than enough to win the game if Fitz makes some plays and if the defense doesn't allow more than 2 touchdowns.

6. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

We need to get the ground game going with ivory then sneak in some play action when the pats start cheating..... Cheating up

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think we need to do some quick action plays on first down to loosen up the D. Otherwise, they'll be stacking up the box when he comes,.....

God this game will for sure drive me to drinking one way or the other. Thank God for that.

SonofDinger likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Stacy needs to come up with a primo game in relief of Ivory. A few short action passes to both might get us going.

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It sure would be nice to see a D.Smith hookup deep here.....I expect to see an attempt anyway

LAJet likes this.