Chris Herndon to miss first 4 games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Jul 12, 2019.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He should have put a 12 year old kid in the back seat and a gun under the driver seat, he wouldn't have been suspended at all.

If we were playing New England in week 5, it would have been 2 games.

Jets69 and stinkyB like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We were duped

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

This stinks but what do you expect from the NFL when we play the Cheatriots in week 3.

Richie Incognito only got 2 weeks for his latest offence and look how. many offences he has committed over the years.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I dream of a QB/coach/GM combination so good that we don't have to worry about idiots getting suspended for doing dumb shit. They can just sit on the bench and watch us win, and if they don't like it we can cut their asses. I may also be drinking right now, but I promise I won't drive. Maybe we should sign Gronk. Peace.

ColoradoContrails and Jets81 like this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

#25 BudJet, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Two games is the norm unless there are aggravating circumstances. BAL nearly double the legal limit, speed in excess of 100 MPH alone could have met that standard. The injury every one is claiming to be false was the third. It may be a take injury, but considering one of his tires were imbedded in the side of the vehicle he hit, it's also possible that it's a real injury.
    The expectation was a 4 game suspension since the accident was initially reported.
    Sucks,but he brought it upon himself. Fortunately no one was killed or more seriously injured.

All that said, the league has to come up with a set punishment for infractions, and for first,second,third offenses,etc. When incognito gets a 2 game suspension,with years off off field trouble, it's a bad look for the league.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. He did something stupid & should pay the consequences.

My issue is the league’s rationale.If they say its bc of the reckless driving/DUI component i have no problem at all. But them saying its bc of a BI claim made well after the fact i find really shallow. And im not just spewing hot air..i handled high level Bodily injury claims MVA,Special lines & homeowners for 7 years in multiple states.I know the game all too well.

CBG likes this.
  8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Way to heavy handed for a 1st time offender

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

People complaining about getting an extra two games for this woman claiming she was injured yet are totally okay with only two games for drunk driving? He was driving drunk. Should get a hell of a lot more than 2 games even if she wasn't injured.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I agree with you

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Kurt I get it but I agree with Greendays post,,,,,,,,he's lucky its only 4 games and hopefully next time he takes an uber or lets a friend drive

12. LurkerInGreen13

You hit the nail on the head. The league does shit like this all the time.

Also I'd like to say that all the hate and name calling isn't going to fix the situation. This happened a year ago. The kid went on to having a great season and hasn't been in any trouble since. I know it's disappointing, but maybe having a little understanding and empathy for him might be the right course of action. Everyone makes mistakes in life. Life is not about the mistakes you make but what you learn from them.

Bowles Movement and Big Cat like this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

What shit did the league do?
    It was reported that his suspension would be 4 games as soon as the DUI occured. He was near twice the legal limit, driving in excess of 100 mph. Caused major damage to multiple vehicles. The driver he hit was reported to have arm injuries and a gash to his arm. His tire was imbedded into the vehicle he hit .
    License suspended for 90 days and a $631 fine. NJ is too easy on DUIs. That BAL and damage should carry a minimum of 1 year probation , actually more.
    Without punishment, he won't learn. He had free anonymous rides available to him, a limo provided by the Jets organization and town car service from the league and one from the NFLPA.
    He's getting a second chance, at life very fortunately, and at football. I don't think anyone here has wished him anything but success in the future. But he deserves the punishment.

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  14. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

He should get what everybody else gets. If you want to argue the league is too lenient, go for it.
    But the inconsistent responses on suspensions and penalties all feed the league plays favorites story line and turn off fans

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

He is getting what everyone else gets.
    First DUI,2 games. First DUI with aggravating circumstances 4 or more games .
    accountability.......

#35 TonyFtLaud, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Because of the familiarity with Gase I would immediately try to see if Julius Thomas could come out of retirement and give us 4 good games. Supposedly he's pursuing a doctoral degree now (and good for him) but who knows he may be open to it

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He is an ass for the DUI. And she is a two bit fucking bottom feeder, period.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

He couldn't get 4 good games out of him 2 years ago :D

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Clearly God Godell and the NFL pull suspension protocol out of their asses and consistency is for shit.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

Definitely no way anyone in the FJ cruiser was injured. A couple of scuffs, that will buff right out. :confused: