Charlie Casserly: Jets could be facing Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ScotlandJet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Would it still be a disaster if he reached his full potential and solved our Qb woes for the next 7-10 years? Casserly thinks he is a better prospect then Vince Young was coming out, I'm surprised you would feel this way considering you have said that Vince Young has John Elway like potential.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Matt Ryan could stretch defenses with his legs the way Young can and had one of the strongest arms in the league the way Young has then I'd consider him to be a much better prospect.

Comparing Matt Ryan and Vince Young is like comparing a control pitcher with a 90mph fastball with a rocket-armed wild guy with a 100mph heater. The wild guy can always find control and become dominant but the control guy is always going to be throwing 90mph and there's only so much you can do with that in the end.

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Casserley who has two butt holes, was referring to Ryans Intangibles being better than Youngs, overall I would say hes right (for once), but then I would.
    I know if at the start of the season we have CP, KC + one other schmuck I will be drinking myself to death

4. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I agree with this post/theory 100%

5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Jets' may draft Ryan & then trade him during 1st round for another player or picks.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Casserly was saying today that the only two people the Jets want with that #6 pick are McFadden and Ryan and McFadden is the one they really want. Let's see if they have the balls to trade up to get him or wait and have to settle on Ryan. All of a sudden a lot of people are saying Long is best suited for the 4-3 and doesn't project well as a 3-4 DE or OLB.

7. GreenMachine

If Chris Long is there, the Jets would be nuts not to take him

8. Don

I thought so too until I started hearing what I did today. In fact some now have him falling past the Jets and you know what that means. Although they now think NE will take Ellis or Rivers.

#48 Don, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  9. DMAC4HEISMAN

DMAC4HEISMAN New Member

Here is the deal.

The Jets need a QB but they need the RIGHT QB. I don't believe a great QB is in this draft.

I don't think Matt Ryan is even the best QB in this draft and this draft has a handful mediocre QB's.

Draft Darren McFadden. If he brings half the joy to Jets fans that he gave to Arkansas fans then yall will be extremely happy. He is a great player and person. This business making him out to be a Pacman Jones is way off base.

Long is another great player as well and fills a need.

If yall don't get McFadden or Long with your first pick I feel it would be a great disappointment.

10. Don

This site has a lot of mocks. The ones updated today seem to have McFadden dropping to us and those that don't have Long going to St Louis have him dropping to us too. Even Gholston will be there if Oakland takes McFadden and not Gholston. Maybe there will be a good player left without moving anyway.

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm