Charley Casserly says Pennington back with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MisterMoss, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

No one else here would be pissed if hes the starter? He cant so anything any more. Even in his heyday he wasnt that great. There are other people who play Qb on this planet lets give one of em a shot. THis team needs a new identity

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Would I Like Kc to be a starting qb?? Of course!! The truth is we will have a open competition in training camp name a qb better then pennington to bring to compete with kc

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I really doubt that Chad restructures. He has already done it a couple times and this time he knows he would be doing it and very well may not be the starting QB. I can't see him cooperating in these circumstances.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes it does.

Lets examine the record.

2 games vs. NE.

Two QB's hit in a manner to put them on the sideline.

Jarvis Green is the player that wrecked this season by rolling up on CP's ankle.

Then Seymore Butthole pile drives (no call) Clemens later in the season.

If the Cap $$$ is there Pennington should stay as a 2, unless we can trade him to Atl, with Vilma, for a swap of 1st rounders, and some additional (2nd rd, 4th round) picks.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Why would he pull a Kendall? He can't get 4.8 million from any other NFL team. Kendall knew he could get more money if he got out.

6. harts24

harts24 Member

All this talk will be for not. Next year with a new OL and a full off season and camp Clemens will improve and all this penny talk will be over.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The problem is Chad has no place to go. Nobody is going to sign him to start. We are probably the only team that will give him a shot to be a starter.

8. ANJI

ANJI New Member

LOL, I can't wait to see another year put on Chads arm...............(not really)

9. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Not even you believe this. Just look at QB play in the league, there is a HUGE drop off from the top 5 guys.

10. petekendall

petekendall New Member

chad is a starter in this league not a back up!!! and I hope he starts for this team next hear..hopefully with a revamped o-line..cause if chad leaves so does our boy LC! Kellen was such a dissapointment this year...the ravens game i thought we had ourselves a QB. Truth is the kid is going to be a backup at best...he is horrible

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I love how the spin changes as it becomes more apparent that Chad is staying and may win the job back. First it was a given that he was gone, now he's only staying because nobody else will take him. If he wins the job (again) it will be because the offense was designed for him and him alone.

12. FOURTHANDLONG

I BELIEVE AND KNOW THIS WITH ALL MY HEART! With the exception of about five Qb's I would take every starting Qb in the Nfl over Chad!

13. FOURTHANDLONG

He started for seven games in an offense designed for him with a healty Coles and better O-line play than what Clemens got and what did he do with all of his alleged Football smarts? 1-8! We have been waiting on him to do something for six years the time for him to go is now!

14. FOURTHANDLONG

You can Quote me on this one. If he wins the job or is on the team it is because Mangini is an Iddiott and we need to be looking at Giving Bill Cower a Kings Ransom to come out of the booth next year!

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Get off the drugs. He has been done for years now. What a waste of another season if that would happen.:drunk:

16. bpjets

bpjets New Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...It is crazy to thing that Chicken Wing can start in this league anymore.How many years do you want to see the 5 yard dumps..........ok lets hear all the Chad lovers tell me how bad the OL is...

17. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

3rd down and 10, Chad fads back, looks left then right, throws a hail mary for 7 yards. Damn, 4th and 3...:grin:

18. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

For all the CHad lovers:

If all CHad needs is an OL to excel again, then why will Kellen not be improved a similar amount since he performed better than Chad this year.

19. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Excel again?????

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Both guys will be better with more time to throw, that's obvious. No QB can excel without a chance to stand up for 4 seconds and let the WRs get open.