Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. cassie96

cassie96 Member

NOOOOOOO way!!!!! Bring 'em on!!!:chargers::chargers::chargers:

2. guerro619

guerro619 New Member

Hey Jet fans. Just coming in to say. You guys should be worried playing against the Boltz. They're rested, and ready to charge. You guys have the long trip to the 619 ina prime time game. The Bolt faithfull will be loud at the Q. And the Jets won't know how to handle it.

Gooo Boltz!!!

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Thank you for that Homer Bolts fan.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

+1. It's lame to see threads like this. "Look what they said about us!!"

5. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD New Member

I agree Jake, make that +2

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Sorta like they didn't know how to handle the playoff game in 05?

Honestly you guys should beat us but the Chargers do have that "choke" factor.... I've seen much better Charger teams lose to worse teams then the Jets. And don't say I don't know because like you guys I was there. Lower View Section 1 Row 3 Seats 7 and 8. First year I haven't had them since 02.

#26 Barry the Baptist, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too.

And ftr I don't understand this notion that the Jets match up better against the Chargers. Yeah, Manning is league MVP, but Rivers is one of the top Qb's in the league and has been playing great. But the main thing they have is too many receivers for the Jets to cover. Revis can only guard one guy.

I hope Strickland comes back healthy. Lowery made one good play against Cincy, but he also looked bad or mediocre at other times. I thought that interference call on Coleman was totally bogus, but still, he's no more than good at best in his better games. Lito has not been that strong, either.

I'm not saying this is the sole factor in the likely outcome of the game, but I don't see how the Jets match up well against the SD receivers.

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The Chargers don't run the ball very well and they don't stop the run very well. The Colts are better in both categories.

9. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I just really can't stand, when fans think if the defense doesn't get sacks teams can pass all over them. Yes, the defense were in the lower half in the league in sacks mainly because after the first few games, opposing teams would keep more people in to block and would call for more 3 and 5 step drops as opposed to 7 step drops. Blitzing disrupts the timing between quarterbacks and recievers. A better stat is opposing quarterbacks completion percentage and yards per completetion which are first in the league. Quarterbacks know they have little time and the Jets corners can play very agressive so thats why a lot of balls qb's are throwing are rushed, tipped, and innacurate.

Secondly, Chargers fans are raving about the size of the WR's. Yes, they are big, but they are also slower to get off the line because for a Cornberback it is a lot easier to get your hands and get them off there route.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

We don't play the fans; we play the team.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Chargers do not have to run the ball that much. They were fifth overall in passing and (as I understand the numbers) had the best ypa in the league at 8.7. And not only did they pass for over 4,300 yards, they outgained their opponents in passing by nearly 1,000 yards for the season.

And those seasonal numbers do not take into account their rough start and stellar play over the last 11 games.

But I would agree that their run D is not the strongest part of their team.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Why is it that I takes me like 5 times longer to read your posts than anyone else's? :rofl2:

Anyway, gonna run all day. SD allows an average of 117.8 yds/g on the ground. Although the one negative is that they don't allow many rushing TDs. Nor do they allow many long runs. I believe their long for the season was 36 yrds with only 9 for 20+ yards. It's going to be a game where the Jets will have to pound and pound and pound.

On the flip side the Charger's strength is their passing game which is also our strength on D. While their rushing O is 2nd worst in the league. So that should be a big help.

Their passing D was #11. Cincy was #6. Overall Cincy had a much better defense than San Diego and it was much colder that game.

So I feel like we should have some sort of advantage. We'll see how it goes down though.

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

The Cargers are 20th against the run and 11th against the pass. The Jets have moved the ball well against teams with far better defenses. The real question will be how well we can keep their offense off the field, and how well our Defense can handle their offense when we can't. I like how we match up against them, but our luck on the west coast not usually great.

14. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I think a better statement is The Jets don't play the fans, The Jets play the team.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Quick Passing game of the Colts, vs...the downfield attack of the Chargers ?

Which of the two negates the pass rush?

16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

If I were a Charger fan I would be confident. Shit, they've won 11 games in a row. I don't think our little 3 game winning streak has them shaking in their boots.

I guess the only thing I'd be concerned about as a Charger fan is that they seem due for a letdown.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We should all meet on a Applebee's message board and post it out-

Or we can just stick on TGG, I think option #2 is the better choice.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

The Jets play the other team. We play the fans (especially after a few beers and some loud chants LET'S DO IT!!11!1!).

San Diego delenda est.

19. GreenMachine

Let's reword this:

You are rusty, not rested. BTW, the Jets will have an extra day of rest. 4 PM is not primetime. Just remember what happened last time the Jets went to SD in the postseason...And finally, the Q had trouble selling out this year. And the Jets play in much tougher stadiums on a regular basis. You "fans' will have no effect on this team.

How about common opponents?

SD struggled to beat Oakland. The Jets DESTROYED them

SD beat Cincy by 3. The Jets DESTROYED them in back to back weeks.

Both teams Destroyed Tennessee.

20. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

What the fuck is a totty?