Chan Gailey and Jets at crossroads per schefter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mikey, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Only to this fanbase "a candidate is thinking" = bolded

2. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

...and if that doesn't work, try lines 2, 3, 4, and 5! :)

Given how utterly sucky our last 3 offensive coordinators were, I would advocate paying top dollar to attract a top OC candidate...Shanahan or McDaniels would be ideal! I wouldn't hesitate to make one of them the highest paid coordinator in the league to bring one of them here, and we would also have a top HC candidate on our staff already if Bowles fails. GET IT DONE JETS!

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol i wouldn't bet that because it's obvious. The writing has been on the wall. He didn't run from the job here..we got somebody else to do the job. Remember we were prepared to fly to seattle immediately after the panthers seahawks game had the Hawks lost, and Quinn would be our coach. He wanted to be here, just the timing and success of the seahawks messed that up.. we couldn't just wait what if he had a change of heart last minute... then we'd be assed out complaining how we should've gotten Bowles.

mezzavo likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, I just hope that Dweeb isn't starting his shit with the new guys and undermining them...

Truth4U2 and JetsNation06 like this.
  5. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Really? I feel like Peyton Manning gets most of the credit for that offense being successful. Further, he arguably did a bad job of modifying the offense to Peyton's injuries and/or declining ability to throw the ball.

6. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

Guys it might not be an issue of money, maybe he just wants to wait and see if a better situation comes along. To be honest i dont like him as a HC or a OC SO im hoping he stays away

hwismer likes this.
  7. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

I haven't read through this entire post but I see you guys are mentioning shanahan.. you do know he is with the falcons now right? from what I see it is a done deal.. why would he last minute leave Atlanta and matt ryan for us? lol

8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Trestman as OC if the deal for Gailey doesn't go through.

9. Cody Hummel

if any of you seen my recent posts you know I am a fan of gailey. I hope we can officially land him. he has done a hell of a job with a lot of offenses in worse shape than ours. plus I see a lot of talk about wanting to land spiller.. the only way we get CJ is if chan is our OC

10. Walt White

I'm with you. As a sidenote: MM & Rex tried to fit Geno into MM's Offense, a square peg into a round hole.

Whoever they get at QB, including Geno getting a look, will have a better chance to succeed with Gailey, imo.

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Good explanation... In this particular situation the Jets did the right thing. Let's say, for example, the Jets decided to wait for Quinn. Let's also say that Atlanta did the same. If you are Quinn and that decision is put before you what do you do? You take the Atlanta job, of course, purely on the basis of the QB situation alone. By that point in time you cease to be "master of your own destiny" and are stuck with whoever is left. I like that Woody took his time but then made a decision. I like that he had Wolf interview Mac independent of Casserly since Mac was Casserly's "boy" so Wolf could weigh in independently. To be quite honest Woody actually handled this off season about as well as he's done anything since he bought the team. Also, I highly doubt the OC situation has anything to do with Woody. The one thing Woody has proven he is willing to do is spend...so we'll see. If Gailey doesn't want to come here then screw him. If he does...he does. I don't want Marty back simply because I want a FULL new "house" running the ship.

74, hwismer and JetLifeLo like this.
  12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

how so?

how did quinn run from the east? did Quinn ran from the east by not being available?

theres no tail between the legs tactics here, just two desired coaches and ones availability being better than the other.

13. Cody Hummel

exactly. like I said gailey has had success with far worse offenses. bring in a vet FA quarterback draft petty or someone in the mid rounds and let them battle it out.. gailey could do well for us. out of all the offensive coordinators out there gailey is the only one to really prove he can win with a mediocre qb/offense

14. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

So what if he doesnt want the job, its freakin Chan of all people. You all know that Ivory doesnt fit his system right and i am not for tradint him for an avg OC

15. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

The Jets are starting to get a worse rep than the Bengals for being cheap and caring more about money than winning! We need to start paying our stars what they deserve based on the market, keeping our core of good players and paying to get good coaches here. If the owner cares more about the change in his pockets than about his team winning, that's a fatal mistake....winning will bring in more money in the long run anyway!

JetsNation06 likes this.
  16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So running 90+% of the WCO from shotgun because your QB footwork is horrendous was fitting a square peg into a round hole.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Peyton Mannings offensive coordinator is as useful to me as Rex Ryans defensive coordinator. Fuck that guy.

whoever the OC ends up being will have little to no impact 9n any free agent deciding to sign here. the 50 million in cap space will do all that talking.

legler82 likes this.
  18. Walt White

I'm not sayin' Geno doesn't suck. His biggest problem is he has no anticipatory skills. He doesn't see things in advance. But MM sucks too, and his play calling sucked. Very rigid in his approach. I had a bad impression of him when he was the HC in Detroit, and that was reaffirmed during his time here. Rex being clueless about Offense and how to Bring a QB along didn't help. But some of things they did were mind boggling.

I like Gailey. If that's what Bolwes wants I hope he gets him.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You guys absolutely kill me. Demanding Woody open the purse strings to get a good/great OC to come here is like putting lipstick on a pig.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

-not sayin' Geno doesn't suck.
    -MM sucks too
    -Rex [is] clueless
    -I like Gailey

Got it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.