Chan Gailey and Jets at crossroads per schefter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mikey, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Gailey will end up the OC. That has always been Bowles' plan.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Maybe Gailey doesn't want to coach anymore. Get Trestman on the horn.

3. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

No shit they got very little out of Lindley. He might be the worst QB in the league and was their 3rd string for a reason. Can't take away the work they did with Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton because their season was riding on the guy with the most regular season passes without a TD.
    Gailey was Bowles choice to be our new OC. If we do end up with Gailey and the offense fails, Bowles is accountable like Rex was for Sparano and Marty.
    We might be a horseshit organization who nobody wants to play for but it's sure as hell not because we are having trouble signing Gailey. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity this offseason and probably would've still been out of football.

Axel3419 likes this.
  4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

What bothers me is that Rex had hired MM here as OC. I would actually be excited right now if Bowles was bringing Morningwood in if Rex hadn't ruined that experience already. If there had not been history with him, I would much prefer MM coming on board over Chan. BTW, I am NOT advocating that MM should stay. Hard to say if Rex being Chief doofus with his infatuation with the Wildcat shit or his ground n pound philosophy forced MM to do things he'd prefer not to do, or if MM was winging it. Doesn't matter now...

legler82 likes this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Trestman's offense was ranked 1 spot ahead of the Jets in yards per game and 3 spots ahead in points per game despite a lot more talent.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

My God, I hope the latter isn't true. If it is, then nothing's really changed with Woody and this team. Either way, this is troubling. They should have had Gailey's firm commitment before releasing word that he was Bowles' choice to be the OC. This is not a good sign. Hopefully, there is a logical, sound explanation for all of this, but it doesn't sound like it.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Looks like Bowles has had Gailey on his radar for a few years since he started interviewing for HC jobs. Since they've never worked together it means that he's as a DC respected Gailey's work from afar. The only drawback on Gailey I can think of is as HC of the Bills he lost 5 out of 6 to Rex. But he's not being hired as HC.

10. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

A lot of people are leery of the Gailey hire which is understandable given his history. However Bowles wants him for what ever reason. As an owner are you really going to be cheap and haggle over his pay? Put your trust in your new hire and make this happen. Stop meddling in the process.

Jesus. It makes you wonder how much of that under cap money by Idzik was directed by Woody, (or at least encouraged.)

It is becoming apparent that we have the dumbest owner in the NFL.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Sixto

Sixto Member

I just want someone who has actually called plays before, rather then someone inventing a structure for the first time.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i hope woody isnt getting in bowels way. i am not huge on gailey being the oc but i wouldnt be too fired up yet, just cautiously optimistic. i dont care for trestman either though.

like someone said a few weeks ago, its going to be an interesting offseason. just when you think you know what is going on something else happens.

13. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Explain something to me? If Rex didn't give a shit about the offense and left everything up to his OC how can he be at fault for his ground and pound?

14. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Who does this guy think he is, Doug Marrone? Seriously these two act like there such hot commodities but no one wants them. Let the old guy miss out on his chance and move on.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Has anyone thought that if this is Gailey's sunset job, he's gonna want top dollars? That's how a person would think at that stage of a career. Woody will have to make it worthwhile or Gailey won't bother with the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Yes, Kyle Shanahan is the guy to target now .... but he's probably going with Quinn to Atlanta. But maybe if we offer him more money he'd come here with Bowles?

Red Menace likes this.
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

There's no reason money should be a hold up here. Not unless this guy is asking for Darrelle Revis type money.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. DanR

DanR Active Member

[​IMG]

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He might be asking for 7 figures which some top coordinators in the NFL and college are getting.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If that's the case then he's essentially asking to stay on the couch

NYJetsO12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.