Chads rush td and funky celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYMagpies, Sep 23, 2007.

1. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

fourthandlong, I challange you to find two of your posts, in ALL of your posts and threads on this forum that speaks positively about Chad or the New York Jets.

How about one? Just one.... Just one posts through all the wins over the last few years, there has to be at least ONE post where you are happy about what Chad or even the Jets did in a game.

My money is one 0. I bet all you have done is piss and moan even when the Chad has a great game and rips a defense apart. He has had great stats in games before but I bet you STILL found a way to drag Chad through the mud.

You think I am a homer? Hey I can and readily will say that the Jets D needs MUCH improvements. I will even say that Chad as a QB has some major flaws.

You have nothing but garbage to say day in and day about Chad and the Jets. Even after a win. Miami whatever. I bet you spewed garbage all over the NE win last year too because it wasnt the best weather too. Fans like you, and who ever cheared when Chad got hurt disgust me. To me you are both one in the same. I may in your eyes be a homer, but at least I am a Jets fan.

#161 fake_crs, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I posted last week to Italian Seafood and said if Chad were on the Ravens, Bears or Chargers he would have a legit shot to go to the superbowl because all he would have to do is not screw up and he would have the D to take him there. Also said earlier today that the first loss was not his fault because nobody could win with the protection in the Pats game. I don't dislike chad as a person he just doesn't have the skills needed on this team to take us to the championship. I posted positively about Jerico Cotchery last year when you were all bitching about not having a second Wr and said he was the best rec on the team and I have defended Chris Baker as well. Nick Mangold, Kerry Rhodes, Michael Harris and Revis are great picks and will be a large part of our rebuilding! I also like Mangini and Tanny. You might want to keep this for future reference because im not repeating myself!

3. FOURTHANDLONG

Do you think 124 yards passing against the Dolphins is a great game?

4. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

/golf clap. He did it! Much better. Now can we get back to the albatros impression that Chad did in the end zone?

5. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Guys it takes at least 2 to argue so let it be. Chad haters -- keep hating, Chad supporters -- keep supporting. When and if KC can't get it done, a simple search and replace CP with KC will be done, rinse and repeat for the next Jets QB.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yes because we won the game. When you reach the end zone there are no more yards to get, you're there. We were trying to establish a running game and we had a 98 yard KO return for a TD, so that skews the numbers. We got three TDs in four trips to the red zone, we scored 24 points on offense.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

I promise I will defend Clemens to the end even if he s**ks so we can have an equal balance in the next round of arguments.

8. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I can't figure how anyone could really want much more.... lol Obviously, special teams helped us out a lot on field position so he didn't have far to drive the offense before scoring. I guess winning and scoring points only counts if you come at least 80 yards or more across the field. :rolleyes:

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not to mention once you get a big lead you're running the ball and milking the clock. We're supposed to air it out deep up by 18 points?

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I guess... doesn't make much sense from a strategy standpoint, but so long as your whipping the ball down field 30+ yards a throw it all evens out somehow.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

It's the Dolphins, Go for the Kill! Look at how the Pats Destroy people.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

That would require at least an average defense... which we lack. A win is a win dude. You have to enjoy them while they are here.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

ok who had the better game yesterday, Qb 1 or Qb 2?

QB1 - 23-36 318 yds 1 TD 1 INT

or

QB2 - 15-22 124 Yds 3 TD 0 INT

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Every one of them. Based on past experience. Except MAYBE Palmer.

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

That's what I'm saying! We're not winning... With Chad at the helm, we're only winning when we play shitty teams... Chad's good days are always pedestrian numbers wise, and those days simply don't beat the good teams, unless the team around the QB is fantastic...

Which it is not....

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Because we go there at least once every season, and we're the only team other than NE in the AFC East who's had a steady QB since they've been in Gillette....

His record against the better teams in football is NOT good...

In Chad's best year 2002 he was 2-3 vs playoff teams (including playoffs)

Beating Green Bay and Indy and losing to Oakland (regular season), Oakland (postseason), and Cleveland....

2002: 9-5, 2-3 vs Playoff Teams

2003: 4-5, 1-2 vs Playoff Teams

2004: 8-5, 2-5 vs Playoff Teams (Both wins vs San Diego)

2005: 1-2, 0-1 vs Playoff Teams

2006: 10-7, 1-4 vs Playoff Teams

So for Chad's career, he's 32-24 as a starter, a very nice looking record.... But only 6-15 vs playoff teams....

That's Chad for you.... Not to mention, the playoff teams he has beaten, other than New England last season, were almost always the lower-level playoff teams (Wild Cards, or early exit NFC teams-- Green Bay in '02, San Diego in '04, Indianapolis in '02, Tennessee in '03)....

So for his career, by my deduction, he has beaten ONE higher quality football team.... New England last season....

Like I said.... All he does is win......against crappy teams

17. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Wrong... he was de-nutted in a game his junior year (I think). He scrambled and tried to leap over a linebacker, who promptly buried his helmet squarely into Chad's ballzak. Chad crawled off the field on his hands and knees. And in typical Chad fashion, he came back into the game later with his groin taped up.

He walked with a noticable limp the rest of that season.

#177 OhioJetsFan, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  18. ........

........ Trolls

You're absolutely right. His record against playoff teams sucks. He has no excuse for losing 2 games on the road to an Oakland team that made the Super Bowl in 2002. He has no excuse for losing 2 games on the road to a Pittsburgh team that went 15-1 in 2004, or for losing 2 games to the eventual Super Bowl Champion Patriots in that same year. He has no excuses.

I posted a post (which FOURTHANDLONG seems to have read) 3 weeks ago mentioning that Chad would be better suited for a team with a solid supporting cast because of his penchant for game management and mistake free football. I can't dispute that this team isn't set up for him to take a Super Bowl run. However, this team isn't set up for a Super Bowl run right now period. I fully agree that Chad should be traded in the offseason. I agree that, if he makes mistakes later in the season, he should be benched for Clemens. What I don't understand is how you can argue that his failure to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning means that he should be benched immediately.

You still haven't responded to my post addressed to you. You'll find it on page 6. I await your response.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Playoff teams tend to advance when they win in the playoffs.

20. Beamen

Beamen New Member

My bad, don't know how I missed this one...

My argument for Kellen, isn't so much saying we should put him back in now, but saying after that window of opportunity opened for the CS to get him in there when Chad got hurt (unfortunate circumstances, but that's besides the point) we should have put Kellen in there for good...

Chad is a really good guy and a great leader (you already know how I feel about the on-the-field product) and that is part of the reason I think that if Kellen is the guy we want to take this team into the future, we get him in there ASAP...

The longer Chad's on the field, no matter how pedestrian his play, he'll be gaining more and more loyalty and respect from the guys in the locker room, because he is such a great presence on the field and in the huddle.... I'd rather not have a team divided, so I say get him out of there now, so the transition is quick and dirty...

Like I said, ideally, the injury is the window of opportunity I would have taken as the CS to get him out of there for good...

Remember 2002, with Chad and Vinny? Vinny was the vet, respected by everyone, but his play really wasn't what we were looking for.... He suffered a minor injury (I believe against Jacksonville) and Chad got the start the next week..... The team never looked back, because Herm wanted to go with Chad from the start....

After Kellen's 4th Quarter in Baltimore, I'm sure there wouldn't be anyone on the roster not wearing #10 who would have been opposed to him starting vs Miami... And so long as he wasn't terrible for the rest of the year, there would be no issue in the locker room....

As for your response to my more recent post....

You put these teams that Chad has lost to all up on a pedestal, and yes, I agree they were good teams, but this is my point...

The goal is to win a Super Bowl.... In 2002 and 2004 especially, we had our best opportunities to do that since 1998....We need a QB who, when everything (schedule, injuries, etc.,) falls into place, can step up, have the big game, and beat the best teams..... Until we have a QB like that, or somehow build a dominant defense, we're not winning squat....