Chad's limitations being revealed. The Pennington thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Salz, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hmm..isn't that why Mangini was fired? What's your point?

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'd rather see my team in the playoffs with a punchers chance of getting to the Super Bowl than in the last place of the division category. But that's just me. :drunk:

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

A punchers chance? That implies you have a knock out punch.

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Heheh.. touche Winston. :breakdance:

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Jets played five awful games to end the season. Chad did not singlehandedly kick the Jets out. Only someone who doesn't understand the game of football would seriously assert he had.

What you call smugness is vindication by those here such as me who saw for some time now that Chad did not provide enough upside potential to take this team anywhere it had not already been and failed with. That he can't win against a quality opponent, and in fact craps the bed against such opponents.

I am glad he is gone. Yesterday was vindication for that pov, or really more vindication.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If we won the div how would it have cost us our Coach?

If favre wasn't so awful we'd have won 2-3 more games and won the div thus preventing the firing.

How many were attempeted and missed? I'll find out.

Less turnovers=better defense. Our D stunk but they had to deal w/ multiple TOs every game. limit those turnovers and we win AT LEAST 2-3 more games.

7. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

Pennington was not the problem vrs Ravens... Ravens have done that to everyone this year... I would place blame on playcalling and the run blocking of the O-line. Pennington had too many 3rd & long passes to make ... Brown & Williams had no place to go..

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh here we go with the "Chad was not the reason" crap. 4 picks?

If that were Favre you'd have 6000 idiots on here calling for his head.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

After watching that game yesterday, I'd say the Dolphins had as much of a 'puncher's chance' as Spinks did against Tyson.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well Woody has set his chances back a ton & a 1/2 by what he done since the season ended starting with the Cowher f--k up to now Shotty jr emerging as the favorite to be the next HC of this team. Who would want to buy a PSL with Shotty Jr & Tanny running this team?

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I totally agree and you forgot Sutton as the DC..if Shotty gets the job Sutton isn't going anywhere.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That goes both ways though. IF your D is so bad they can't get themselves off the field, they're pretty much killing themselves.

Then because they can't stop people from scoring it automatically puts the O in a pass-based situation. THere were 3 occassions this year where the Jets put up big numbers, only to have the D give them right back and make it a close game in the end.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He provided enough upside to put them in that situation where they could go to the playoffs. As I have always contended, he needs more of a team around him to go the extra mile in the playoffs. He's not a Tom Brady, or a Peyton Manning, but hey, neither of those guys are in it this year either. They don't win the Super Bowl every year either. The fact he did as much as he did with the talent he had on the Dolphins was nothing short of amazing.

And no, he alone didn't end our season... we did that ourselves. But we sure as hell couldn't stop him from taking the Dolphins to the playoffs though. And as bad as you make him out to be you should be utterly disgusted by that. :lol:

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Chad is a system QB. Nothing more, nothing less. He's not our saviour or our failure. He plays the high percentage passing game and that's that.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well while possible & for sure I am an anto Shotty Jr fan I doubt ifhe is even that stupid. If that was to happpen the possibilty of Woody selling any PSLs goes up big time

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I say they stick with a defensive minded coach. That's where their problems lie: the defense.

17. nyjunc

40+ yd Fgs at heinz Field 2001-2004

2001: 6-18
    2002:13-20
    2003: 5-8
    2004: 12-15(2 of those misses were doug birne misses in the div playoff game)

The only awful year 40+ for Kickers was 2001 and that had more to do w/ Kris brown having a bad year.

18. nyjunc

Chad played awful but who couild have played well w/ no running game, no OL help and bad WRs?

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You punt, you kick the FG you keep the game close and make their rookie QB make a mistake. You don't float it out there and kill your team with crappy decision making because things aren't going well.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Those numbers appear to be low. Did you only look at the homefield kicker?