Chad will never give us hope of winning the big one

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Blitz4Life, Sep 30, 2007.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And Pennington.

2. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

your a moron. at least those guys play to win not like chad playing scared all the time because and not taking any chances. brady and those other guys win cus at least they TRY to take chances. not like playing in a shell like chad does. hes afraid to branch out

3. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Can you honestly tell me that Clemens would do better than Pennington did today?

Chad had a solid game, and Clemens isn't Johnny Unitas right now.

The season isn't over yet and there's no point to pull the plug right now

4. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

because you need a quarterback that can be a threat to go deep or hte defense will just play close up on every friggin play

5. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

stfu and watch the game...
    chad had a good game, penalties blew this game.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Chad is a good QB, without a doubt, but he lacks the arm strength to make downfield throws in coverage -- a vital ability needed if you are trailing in a game with little time left. down by a score with 5 minutes left, Chad can drive you to a score. down by a score with 2 minutes, you are doomed. see today.

I don't think Mangini has a choice. this was a make or break game for Pennington, and he couldn't come through in the clutch. granted, the rest of the team didn't play spectacular, but Chad was still given the ball in a position to win or tie the game and he couldn't make it happen. that is how QB's are judged.

#26 JetBlue, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  7. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

you can't have it all... Chad is accurate, plays with heart, and a good leader. Clemens... good arm, and the rest is unknown.

8. Even great teams need comeback wins now and again..

We are FAR from a great team...but even so...we will never have 4th qtr comebacks w/ Chad at QB....

9. JonathonVilmaPwnsnub

the defense does not let him be on the field for very long. the defence lets the other team take 6 min off the fucking clock every time. i dont know what u expect from chad when he has to do everything himself. no team support.

10. Why are their people that will defend Chad to the absolute end??

Yes he's a hard worker, great leader, extremely intelligent and has all the intangibles..

But anytime anyone hints that he might NOT be the super QB we need....people go absolute ape shit...

Can someone explain to me why??

11. abyzmul

Junc Syndrome.

12. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

He has 9 for his career according to the broadcast today.. so try again.

Now with that said, I think we may need to switch QBs just because we're 1-3 and we need to groom our new QB

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Throwing 2 picks and choking on the decisive drive is having a good game? Some of you Chad homers are unbelievable.....

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Thank you, Kurt. The voice of reason. Some people need to get off Pennington's cock.

15. abyzmul

Nonsense, Chad is the starter forever and ever because he just wins games.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Game-winning drives includes drives that broke a tie. I'm not going to do the research on this one because it doesn't matter to me.

What matters to me is that once again the Jets got down a couple of scores in a game and once again Chad was not the answer. I'm tired of predictable losses. When they come at the hands of the Steelers and the Patriots it is aggravating, but when they come at the hands of the 0-3 Bills it's enough already.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

hahah. yes.

18. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Yeah I gotta take back a few things I said, but I still think he had an okay game. But I wouldn't mind seeing Kellen again next week

19. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I think the NFL definition of a check down play for us is a throw to a wide receiver.

20. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not saying we should pull Chad after that game, but how can anyone watch that final 2 minute drive and say that he gave us the best chance to win in that situation? 3 straight dump off passes to Leon Washington?

Chad cannot improvise. He relies on perfection with his own personal limitations to succeed. That's what he's good at. However, watching this game it was absolutely crystal that he needs perfect routes from his receivers since he relies 99% on timing to be a successful QB. That play that cost us a timeout, a receiver didn't motion properly. He wasn't able to run the play anyway, and it may have cost us late in the game.