Chad WILL Be The Starter. Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

the dilema here is that niether qb showed us shit last year.

but clemens has the much bigger upside

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

not sure how you come to that. If neither showed us anything last year that means Clemens has never shown us anything. Maybe not last year..but Chad has.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Clemens does not have a much bigger upside.

He has a much bigger potential factor. It could be good potential or bad.

With Chad, you basically know what you are going to get. That is their difference.

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

chad has showed everthing he has.

clemens was in is second year last year, thats how i come to that

5. typeOnegative13NY

He hasn't showed us he is capable of anything. In fact he was bad. Chad has shown us that he can lead us to the playoffs and has done so. Until Clemens does that Chad has the upside.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Our good defense and Running game led us to the playoffs in the Chad era. Trent Dilfer won a superbowl with the same thing so im not impressed. When Chad beats a team the calier of the Chargers, Pats, Colts or Jags in a playoff game then I will be impressed. There are 25 other Qb's in the league who could have gotten to the playoffs with the same teams as Chad. Even further with the 04 and 02 teams. Chad has proven he can not get us past the second round. We need a Qb who can go farther than a first round one and done playoff loss. In any other city the CP era would have ended a long time ago.

7. typeOnegative13NY

He looked pretty good in the 1st round vs the Colts in 03. Did a nice job vs the Chargers in rd 1 in 05 also. Not giving Chad any credit for the success of those teams is just fuckin ridiculous and stupid. He has been one of the most successful Jet QBs ever. Oh..and he'll be the starter this year once again so instead of the hate for the guy might as well get on board.

8. typeOnegative13NY

Just become a Jet fan last year?

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Despite what you may think you don't get 5 years to prove yourself in the NFL.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

3 years....playing. For a QB 5 is possible, if you sit behind a starter.

How long did it take steve young to get on the field in the NFL?

11. typeOnegative13NY

There is no way the Jets spend what they did this offseason and then start Clemens. not gonna happen. Even if he looks good in the pre season Chad still starts. IMO the staff knows Clemens isn't the guy and made sure to get us a good O line to suit Chad.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No question the only reason for a QB comp is no confidence in Clemens and that's why I figured Chad to start. Apparently both Chad and Clemens have really sucked in TC and it's clear Chad is toast and Clemens is probably not ready. This actually might make Clemens the starter because the fact is if they start Chad and don't win Mangini and Tany look like dopes. You can't spend the money they did for a quick fix and than continue to suck becuase in year three of rebuild they failed to address the QB position.

If Chad continues to look like the dog meat that he apparently is look for him to be cut and either Clemens or a late pick or Favre to start. At least if the season sucks and Clemens comes on it gives the season ticket holders who are now investors in the team a ray of hope for 2010.

13. typeOnegative13NY

I didn't read anything about today but i read that Chad has look significantly better than Clemens who has been a pick machine so far.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The reports I'm reading is Chad has looked like outright crap and Clemens has looked like outright crap. Chad is doing nothing with a high % of completions, Clemens is moving the ball about as far as Chad down field with a low % of completions.

The writers may give you the impression that Chad is leading in the comp but the reality is Clemens has slipped to the mat 3 times and Chad has sliped to the mat 2 neither of them have done anything impressive. Don't forget certain Jets writers are Chad suck ups because Chad used to throw them red meat when Herm was the HC. Clemens has given them nothing as part of the Mangini requirement. I wouldn't believe any writer who says Chad is winning the comp. Let's here one article that says Chad was impressive in practice. It's not happening because it's not happening.

That's why the Favre speculation isn't dead and if it's not Favre it might even be someone else or even Ratliff who by all indications is the most impressive QB in camp right now.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

These are not your fathers Chargers and Colts. They are in a different league than us. PERIOD! He will not beat them when it counts now.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

You think the Chargers or Colts are the same team in 08 as they were in those years we beat them. If that is the case you might as well go back and reference the SB in 69!

17. FOURTHANDLONG

How many years did it take Peyton Manning to win a playoff game?

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If Clemens cannot be the starter this year and loses to Chad. Who do you want in the draft next year?

That's what it going to happen.

19. typeOnegative13NY

You were saying Chad has never beat those teams in the playoffs. 03 and 05(02 and 04 season) were the years he was put to the test in the playoffs vs those teams and he beat them.

20. FOURTHANDLONG

If Chad beats Clemens out I want Ainge to come in as soon as possilbe this year. Then I want us to do what we have to so we can secure the best Qb in the draft. If Chad starts then I want the CS fired because they should have gotten Farve because it is evident they want to do what is necessary to go deep into the playoffs because they feel we have the horses. I would rather start CLemens and bring in Ainge if he sucks. Cp starting serves no purpose at all.