Chad , Vilma & SUGGS : jets lookin' at SUGGS ? ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's if we STAY in the Top 5.

2. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Yeah, looking more and more likely every week that we'll be in the Top 3, eh?

3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

You're totally missing the point. The article said that we should get a first day pick for Chad.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nah...I wasn't talking about that. I think the guy that I quoted earlier THINKS that with the 3rd round being moved to the second day, the picks become "less-valuable" somehow.

Read what he said before you tell me that I'm missing the point.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If Chad goes to a team with a very physical defense and a decent O line that can open some holes to support the run, then, trust me, we haven't heard the last of Chad Pennington. He is fully capable of taking a team like that deep into the playoffs in '08.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You know, It is possible both Chad and Vilma could wind up in Baltimore.

Baltimore does a sign and trade with Suggs, and a First day pick...Could work out nicely for both sides...

7. kelly

kelly Banned

no way we get suggs.

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I think you are missing the point. The article says we could get a first day pick. Redskins_XLII said we won't get more than a third was referring to the fact that a first day pick would be a 1 or 2 and he doesn't believe we'll get more than a 3.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This is my new obsession. Somehow, I don't think the Ravens will let go of him.

10. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

if we do trade vilma....
    i want a high pick and we should replace him with suggs, a 3-4 needs big linebacker/end.

if we keep vilma we should go back to a 4-3 that suits us much better and we would dominate trust.

11. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

No way we get Suggs. Not a Jet move. They don't want to go back into "cap hell" and they want to build more within the draft it seems then going after impact free agents.

I'd be shocked if the Jets get a first rounder for Vilma. His value takes a hit, especially considering that he's injured and had to be put on I.R. and also everyone knows he doesn't fit the system and that Mangini will be more pressed to trade him now.

Last year we could've probably gotten a first rounder but I doubt that'd be possible this year.

12. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

if your a coach you know what type of LB vilma is especially in a 4-3 the defense the ravens run.

we still can get a first rounder for him because he has shown how dominant he can be in a 4-3 those stats dont dissapear.

suggs is the size and type of player we need if we stay a 3-4, and like i said, if we change back to a 4-3 we would be dominant with what we have now.

#32 28rogerblaze51, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  13. Quack

Quack New Member

If anything, third rounders are more valuable because teams get to re-evaluate their drafting boards before the third round instead of the fourth.