Chad starts throwing!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MondayNightMiracle, May 1, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

2. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

only if he gets the doctor from Rookie of the Year to work on his shoulder

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I guess the 2004 season was a dream. Pennington was not the QB that went 6-1 before injuring his shoulder. He wasn't in the game to lead 4th quarter come backs against SF and Buff or late game drives to put away Cin and SD. He didn't come back from injuries and have great games against Houston and Seattle when Quincy Carter couldn't put up points against weak weak defensive teams like Arizona and Cleveland (who gave 10 points to the Jets and over 40 the next two weeks). Pennington was not the QB in the first Jet playoff road win since 1983.

Yeah - Oakland figured him out - that's why the Jets won 10 games in 2004 with a team that was picked for 3rd or 4th in the division and came within a field goal of the AFC Championship.

Pennington, that bum, went 21-16 since 82 while other QBs with the same personnel went 8-19. That tells you everything you need to know. He won with the same players that other QBs couldn't win with.

So if you want to judge a four year career on the Oakland playoff game, when the WHOLE team stunk, from the OL, which let the Raiders chase Pennington around all day, to the WRs, including Coles, who gave up on two passes that led to interceptions and then quit because he had a boo boo,to a defense that gave up 20 points in the 2nd half. Or if you want to base his career on the KC game last year, when the WHOLE team stunk, including the defense that had the Jets in a 14-0 hole before our seats were warm, go ahead. And I know you all will knock me for being a Pennington fan, but here is the truth.

Until 2005, he was a winner unlike any QB this franchise has had in a long time. He may not come back from his injury, but he does not deserve to be criticized for shortcomings related to a football related injury. At least he gives it his all, unlike Ellis, who took his big contract and coasted thru last season.

Other than 1998, the Pennington led Jets gave Jet fans more memorable games than any era since the early and mid 1980s- and that is 20 years. And if he is done, we should be so lucky as to find another one like him in Ramsey or Clemons.

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I could be wrong but I seem to remember us opening up 5 ? 0 against combined 2 and 23 teams and being generally disgusted by Chad?s play. If I remember correctly ? against our first team with a winning record; New England, Chad looked like a fool.

My memory doesn?t always server me correctly however ? I do drink a lot.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

cuz he hasnt come back yet. and even if he does chances are he'll be marginally effective.

i hold out hope for him because of his personality, but in all reality he hasnt done anything yet. say chad pennington has come back when he qb's a full game for us.

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

There was a poll someone did a while back and a large majority of Jets fans love and supporte Chad. So the insults are from a small group, that being said I am a huge Chad fan, in fact I have gotten into it with a few members of this board that consistently insult him... But you have to look at the facts. If it was his knee, ankle, any other part of his body he would have a much greater chance of a comeback. But the mere fact that its his shoulder, 2x over, will make it nearly impossible. The coaching staff will give him every chance to be the starter but if he can't get it done in preseason, Ramsey will start (shudder). I hope it works our for him but this could be the last year Chad will be a Jet and probaly the last year he will be in the league, only Herm will sign him as maybe a backup or 3rd string, no other team will. It's truly a sad story dude had a lot of promise.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Quincy Carter actually had a better winning % in 04 than Chad did and Chad was 1 & 2 in 05 which would have translated into a 5 win season instead of the 4 win season we had.