Chad starts throwing!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MondayNightMiracle, May 1, 2006.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All I know is Ramsey flat out stunk in training camp last year. He has a hott wife though. :)

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I actually WANT penny to come back & be the #1.
    Just to prove everyone wrong and to become the QB we all know he Should be.

3. daking231

daking231 Member

With the good blocking Pennington will be getting this year he will have a good season, I got him getting over 20 tds this season if he stays on the field.

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

The problem is when you guys talk about Pennington “coming back healthy”, you automatically associate healthy with 9 games in 02 before Chokeland drew the blue print on how to beat him. Fact is he has been ineffective since – injury or no injury.

A “healthy” Chad Pennington is a mediocre quarterback at best.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's not like this is new criticism here. Those folks not completely under Chad's spell questioned his abilities not too long after the '02 Oakland game so please don't think folks are piling on Chad here. Duckwing has been getting the fisheye for quite some time..

6. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

ill take the under

7. Hazardous Waters

I hope Ramsey sucks, because anything that seems good when done by Ramsey, is just false hope.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm really rooting for Pennington. The fact that the guy is in every morning studying film intently shows his dedication to this football team and to his job. He isn't going to sit back and reap the benefits of a contract that turned into a major steal for him, he still desires more than anything to earn it for himself and the Jets organization/fans. If he comes back and is successful it would be one of the great stories in sports, and what a better guy for it to happen to than a guy as classy as Chad.

9. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I go to work everyday intently for a fraction of what he makes. I'd hope you'd take your job seriously when you get paid $12M for it.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

let me just say this ...i 100% second that.

people rip on chad way too often, even if it just in good fun...people should have confidence

11. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

My best friends dad is a doctor and he said there is no way that he will have as much armstrength as he once did.. and he didnt have much to begin with.. he will be out of a job once clemmens learns the offense which i think is next year

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I work full time for $12 an hour. My main source of enjoyment is watching the Jets. I enjoy even more seeing a class player succeed who isn't selfish and actually somewhat cares about us lowly $12 an hour workers who turn to football for some excitement in their life.

In a sport filled with Terrell Owens types, I find it very hard to be critical of Pennington or his salary.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Unfortunately, since that playoff game, he really hasn't played healthy to really be given a chance to prove it. And the way he's been the last couple years, he may never get that chance. I'm pulling for the guy, but it is becoming more and more of a longshot.

:sad:

14. Cman68

Sounds like an indictment of Edwards to me. Anyway you cut it, Chad can't anymore deliver on that big assed contract, or his recent extension, than Browning Nagle can grasp the West Coast Offense.

Jetzz, I'm done with players with bad luck/karma. Players that for whatever reason can't stay on the field. Players that call out their fanbase BEFORE they win anything.

QB's with issues. I'm just done with it man. Give the franchise a fresh start and lets be honest here. 21-16 doesn't rate a parade down the canyon of heroes.

#34 Cman68, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hey, I feel ya Cman... I'm just sort of in that "he's here, might as well hope for the best" sort of place. I really want him to bounce back, but how can you have faith in it really happening?

This is his one year to make it happen though. He will get a shot and if he comes up lame or short, I'm rather certain they won't hesistate to pull the plug on Penny for next year. Ramsey is insurance to provide we get through the year with a body until the rest of the question marks sort themselves out, or are revealed.

It's a rebuilding year. It is what it is.

#35 Jetzz, May 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2006
  16. MondayNightMiracle

MondayNightMiracle New Member

Chads not the man

Now fellas,
    Dont get me wrong. I have the upmost respect for Chad, Since he first entered this league as on of our 4 1st rounders i thought he was gunna do great things.
    When Testaverde first started to slip up I couldnt wait to see Penny get his chance, after seeing him throw up that bomb to Haynes in a preseason game i couldnt wait to see what this kid could do on the field.
    But as time went on, I slowly realized how weak Chads arm was. And how his inability to throw the deep ball and greatly affected or team. For the past few years i have found my stint as a jet fan very frustrating. From the boring play calling of paul hacket to C Mart doing worse and worse every year, but all of this has to do with chad. Paul had to play conservative, cause you cant open up our offense with a QB who cant drill or throw the dep ball, he has to stick with 5 -15 yard passes. And since teams know where not going deep, they play close, which kills our running game.
    Chad is a genius, hes a classy guy, a great competitor, and has so much heart, But hes got the weakest arm in the nfl, and as long as we have the weakest and practically most immobile Qb in the nfl, we will NOT be superbowl contendors.
    Teams will find it easier and easier to play against chad, most of this stemming from the fact that chad cant throw the deep ball. And hes not getting stronger, hes gone through 2 surgeries on his throwing arm, which does nothing more then make him weaker. Teams are gunna start playing closer and closer, preventing us form having a running came and completely shutting down chad and his short passes.
    I think Chad is great, But i no longer want him as a QB for the Jets. In my opinion hes doing nothing more then holding us back.
    On the other hand we now have Kellen Clemens. This man has been said to have a gun of an arm, I think we should give Ramsey the ball for a few weeks, if it doenst work out, give the ball to clemens and start building this organization around this young prospect.
    And i dont think Mangini thinks very differently, we now have 5 Qb's on our roster and a WR/QB making 6. And from chads contract it doesnt seem like hes in the Jets plans for much longer.
    I wish Chad the best, But i also wish him not to be a Jet.
    (everyones entitled to theyre opinion right?)
    Go jets!!!

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

at this point, even ferguson would do better at qb, and he's the left tackle! :eek:hmy:

pennyboy is toast, except to those still living in 2002.:sad:

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

while he's counting the $25 million he was already paid, i'm sure that thought will console him.:beer:

19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Envision this...
    Preseason Game, first snap of the game

"Chad back to pass...scrambles out of the pocket, breaks a tackle, trips on a divot, and goes down! OH NO, he's grabbing that shoulder again!!

Jet Fans, this does not look good...

20. Cman68

Or how bout this senario:

"Chad back to pass, spots Coles open down the middle.... Fires a strike 45 yards downfield on a frozen rope. Complete for a 1st down"

Ok, I'll pass the pipe now...

#40 Cman68, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006