Chad Ochocinco asks Rex to call him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Skeletor

Skeletor New Member

Ochocinco should go to Dallas, that's where all the over-rated hotheads are ending up anyway.

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Compensatory picks may be available. That said, I dunno if I've ever seen a round 1 comp pick.

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Ocho has also said he wants to go to Miami.

Seems like they have an opening there. In Brandon Marshall's abdomen.

4. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

He cracks me up. Welcome to the best Jets board ever. *I had to say that since I was the reigning most friendliest and greeter but someone dropped the ball*

5. Skeletor

Skeletor New Member

Thanks for welcoming me Pam. It looks like a lot of fun.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Sounds like we might actually have about a three hour window to call Mr. Ochocinco.

7. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Depends on the price that he demands, but I don't see him fitting at the Jets well

8. Revis Is Here24

Revis Is Here24 New Member

This ass hole needs to stay away from Rex and the jets.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

RFA tenders.

Since nobody knows the rules for next season yet its not known if this will be possible yet.

But if its another uncapped season, and Holmes is a RFA (we "tendered" him with a 1st/3rd round compensation) its possible that we either get a 1st/3rd compensation for him, or do a sign/trade similar to what denver did with Brandon Marshall (tender/sign/trade or something) and stole second round picks from the dolfags.

Most likely reason we would sign and trade him (rather than just keep him) is that Holmes is bitching he wouldnt play for a 1 year RFA tender, and is demanding a long term deal.

So who knows what will happen with him or what well get. But its entirely possible and plausable that we could land draft picks for him

10. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

And he keeps on going. The same girl tweets this: "In the city driving bck to my hotel. It's been a very interesting day. Very therapeutic!"

Ochocinco's answer: "Did you find Rex Ryan?"

11. Revis-island247

Revis-island247 New Member

Only if holmes walks would i want chad deff take him over moss id like to see santana moss return to the green and white

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

The issue here is that Holmes is not worth even close to a 1st and a 3rd. We got him for a 5th rounder less than a year ago and he just had a regular season compared to the other seasons in his career. I know a 5th rounder was an absolute steal and Pitt just wanted to get rid of him. Also you have to consider that the 4 game suspension lowered his price last season.

With all that said, he had a productive season and showed that he can be a great teammate in a new environment. He was also trouble free, minus iPod gate, which was just a bunch of BS. He's shown that he can keep out of trouble for a full season, but he is still one infraction away from a big time suspension. If the CBA allows the Jets to trade him, assuming that a deal can't get done, I'd be happy and surprised if the Jets could get a late 2nd for him. He's no doubt a 1st round talent, but his past history and a likely high salary in such a hectic offseason, I would say he'd probably be valued at a low 3rd rounder. Again, I'm certainly not an expert, since most NFL trades have me scratching my head at one of the teams involved.

13. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

In the past 5 years or so, Chad has been a notoriously and wildly inconsistent performer. While he managed to put up good aggregate stats during his prime, his otherwise gaudy numbers were deceptive as his individual seasons would consist of several monster games with the balance of his performances being either terrible or mediocre at best. He was never a "clutch" player in my opinion and in a run intensive offense such as ours where the ball is not passed as much as on many other teams, I'd much rather have a receiver, be he older or young, that can be counted on week in, week out which Chad has NEVER been known for.

14. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I'm confused. Didn't he promise to change his name back if he got blanked by Revis? That should be put in the contract if it some how goes down.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I can't understand how anyone would want Santana Moss over Ochocinco.