Chad is the starter this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Oct 24, 2007.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I guess Brady shouldn't get any credit for some of his TD's this year either since there have been plenty of them where he's thrown a short pass and the WR has broken tackles and gone in for the score. The one to Stallworth last week comes to mind. I guess other QB's are allowed to have their WR's make plays but Chad must throw bombs in order to get credit for a TD around here.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why, because they can't shut anybody out? you do realize that only in two games this year the Jets offense has scored more than 14 points -- you aren't going to win many games, unless we had the 2000 Ravens Defense, with an offense that can't score more than 14 points. that makes the offense as equally responsible as the defense.

Pats: 14 points
    Ravens: 14 Points
    Miami: 24 points
    Buffalo: 14 points
    Giants: 10 points
    Eagles: 9 points
    Bengals: 31 points

yeah, the offense is completely vindicated for their performance because the D is bad. gimme a break. the only teams the Jets can score on are two of the worst defenses in the league.

3. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I think I just throw up in my mouth...

4. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.

Eric the Insane!

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well there goes my theory about KC starting sunday.....

i can understand the coaches decision but i feel if you analyze it up and down you still have to get KC the ball this weekend....

maybe at halftime.....

see the bills didn't waste much time going with edwards

jil

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I didn't say the offense isn't to blame, but I feel the defense is more to blame. They haven't stopped anyone when it mattered. You can probably count the amount of 3 and outs we've forced on one hand.

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

So true:beer:

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

they sure have. in the Baltimore game, the Giants game, the Bills game, the D all got the ball back for us to give the Jets the opportunity to tie or win the game, and the offense failed. the Eagles game the D kept it close and the Jets couldn't even score a TD from the 2 yard line. in more than half the games the offense has cost this team when they had the ball and a chance to tie or win, not the D. the Cincy game, the D was bad, but the Jets offense had the ball with a chance and failed again.

9. Pilotpf

Pilotpf Member

there goes the season...

10. John127

John127 New Member

Biggest mistake by Mangini, so far.

This is the week to stat KC. Home crowd behind him against a non-elite opponent.

Why subject Chad to likely boos only to have KC come in, mid-game to a possibly difficult sitaution.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This Is Beyond Sickening!

12. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I can’t believe this! It’s painfully obvious that we won’t be seeing Clemens maybe until next year. I truly feel they will ride Chad for the remainder of the season! You are not going to put the rookie in against Pitt and then Dallas as some people have mentioned he might get the nod after the bye week. The games before the break are more tailored for Clemens Buffalo and Washington; both of their offenses aren’t lighting it up, so this is a chance to make some gains. Playing Chad who will cough the game up is not a good move! It’s so obvious why Chad struggles while under center! Here it is: When opposing Defenses Are setting up for Chad before the snap they show him a look or formation that s truly not where they are going hence He checks out of that play into another (Most likely with a 3-5 yard safety valve) or he calls a dummy call (Not really changing the play-mind games) This doesn’t matter because they are defending him the same way every snap! Think about it; it’s like defending the goal line against Chad from any spot on the field. Condensed and tight because they know he can’t throw it! I don’t want to hear about the long pass he threw. Trick or treat

13. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

I'm not saying Chad shouldn't get credit for the TD, all I was trying to point out is that his performance wasn't that good last week, and it definately wasn't good enough imo to hold off Clemens.

14. JeTs8320

JeTs8320 New Member

this shit is getting rediclious

i was looking foward to sunday too

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I just saw it listed on ESPNEWS

16. jetglass

jetglass New Member

I am a huge fan of Pennington but I also feel we need to start Clemens to see what we have. The interception wasnt really that bad, the game was already over anyway. We could be in that situation 100 times, 40 seconds to go with no timeouts and having to go 70 yards,and not score a td e \ven one of those times. To me it was almost a meaningless int.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The season's been gone.

18. Pilotpf

Pilotpf Member

But now in delaying the switch we all know is going to happen we lose time in watching KC's development. . . and if Chad has another decent game w/ yet another game losing pick 6 does he start next week? This is just a bad precedent. . .

19. jetsfan4ever80

jetsfan4ever80 New Member

Maybe this Mangini's big plan, start Chad in the first half when he actually plays well and then bring in KC in the second half when he proved himself to play at his best. Maybe we could end up at .500 if we use this game plan, lol.

20. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Mangini is actually forcing Jets fans to root against the team in hopes Clemens plays and Sutton gets either fired or demoted. That is a sad state of affairs.