CBS Sports: Chandler Jones trade rumor to Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Oct 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Baring some type of extreme situation, I don't think Mac makes any moves until the off-season. Mac had his chance with Khalil Mack. From all the reporting I read, he was very interested but was a little concerned on what we needed to give up for him.

I fully expect Mac to ride this one out until the season is over. He will be going into the off-season with an exorbitant amount of money and power to use it.

mrjet80 likes this.
  2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Whilst I don't understand baseball (cricket' s more my thing), this post is spot on. Give me a lucky coach every time. They can be talented, too. But I want lucky. We may have a lucky GM. He may also be talented.

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

On this point I'd like to add I would rather the Jets not use ALL the FA money this offseason maybe 60-70 % of it. I'd like to see them keep some cash on hand for the following off season...keep some cash in reserve. I read earlier today the Jets are expected to have some good money for the 2020 off season as well. While the 2019 season is going to be a huge " next step " I think the 2020 season will be an even " bigger " step.

4. Falco21

Agree, but it is gonna be very difficult to not spend it when you have guys like OBJ available

This off-season is gonna be fun! Lol

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I suspect Kraft is going to make sure Brady does very well after he retires, wink, wink...

6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

He ain't gonna go hungry, that's for sure. HA!

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that one bit...no way he's just leaving that $ on the table .

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's rich, his wife is rich. they'll never spend all that money. he's a competitor and would rather win then have more money he'll ever spend and not have any help winning. as much as i hate brady, you have to respect what he does

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I get what you’re saying but I’ve always felt there was a handshake agreement between him & Kraft for life after football .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what I find more funny. That someone thinks we could get Patrick Peterson AND Chandler Jones for 2 3rds and a 5th or that anyone would say no to that.

Mr mittens and JDeacon like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There is not a chance in hell that trade ever gets offered by the Cardinals.

About this rumor ... I would give up our 3rd rounder via Teddy easily. This team still has other holes and they need to be addressed this off-season.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Respect but verify. There have been a number of great athletes who were highly competitive who have sought an edge. Brady works for two highly competitive guys who have always sought an edge in Kraft and BB. Wealth is also a competition for many including the very wealthy. Tom has 3 kids and will have lots of grandchildren. President and minority owner of a certain NE football team might be nice once he retires.

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

could be, we will never know and not like he isn't above cheating either. who's to say it hasn't been done before by other players as well. wouldn't suprise me if shady shit happens like that in the NFL. when your the biggest stage on earth any little advantage you can get away with is worth it and the pats have been caught cheating several times over

yeah but not everyone is driven by money. he's not the only player to take less to win just the most high profile one. hell even cousins left money on the table to go to minn and win over the jets (about 9 mil)

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  14. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I agree, I think he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. I sure as shit don't want a situation like in Cincy or Dallas where they hold on these HC, just to see them be mediocre year after year. I remember that Herm Edwards had a huge clock management problem, didn't he hire someone to help him with keeping track of the time? Do you think Bowles is just as bad? Does anyone recall how Mangini and Ryan did with clock management?

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ryan was shit remember we wouldn't have close to any timeouts in the 2nd Q and the 2nd half was just as bad if not worse at times because his offense was always such shit. Mangini I can't really remember because his entire tenure sucked outside of the Farve year

16. Falco21

I don't think this is true, in all honesty.

Gisele Bundchen is worth north of $180 million. Brady is worth north of $180 million. They have a combined worth of over $360 million.

I honestly believe Brady doesn't give a shit about the money. What he loses in his contracts, he makes up with his endorsements and his wife

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Pretty sure we had a top 15 offense in 09 and a top 10 offense in 2010 after that you can't really put the offense on Ryan because they dismantled the offense after that little by little each of his years.

The timeouts thing is blown a little out of proportion mainly due to his really bad moments with challenging plays. Also he didnt really have much to do with the offense and basically left it on multiple OC's to get the Job done. WHich again was one of his faults.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Bowles is an idiot, we both agree on that. But do you really think Bowles is that dumb to handcuff his golden ticket to keep his job? I dont. I think the reasonable thinking would be if he added Jones to his defense, he could actually let Sam open the offense up more because the D could absorb some gun-slinger turnovers

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand that. If they do it and win, great. If they don't win, then there will be a cost, and we'll go backwards. IMO we should finish the rebuild the right way, and not try to rush it. IMO sacrificing the future for the present rarely works, and it's more than a little delusional to go all in when you know that you still have a bunch of holes.

20. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I half agree with you. I'm not giving up any prime draft picks in season for SURE, but at the same time I do have a sense of "next year needs to be the year" in me. Because Sam is going to start getting very good then hopefully and they should be prepped for a run.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.