CB's remaining

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I hope so, too. Isn't this season the contract year for Wilson? Perhaps the Munnerlyn interest is more about that than replacing Cro. He clearly is not an upgrade over Cro.

I very much hope Cro is back, now more than ever since there seem to be no better alternatives in FA, and the Jets need to go high draft picks on O. Please, not another first round pick at Cb.

2. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Couple another names out there that I haven't heard too much on are Thurmond and Tarell Brown... Only things are Thurmond visiting with Jags and the Dolphins having interest in Brown... Maybe we can drive the price up for Miami... *insert evil laugh here*

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Getting to be slim Pickens at free agent CB s right now,,,,,,who in the wild Wild West are they thinking of starting ,,,milliner and Wilson ?

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Walter Thurmond is someone who gauges my interest. he has a meeting with SF and already met with Jax. maybe we can get him for one.

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think they want Bradley Roby..

Hopefully we can get him with our 2nd.. Or trade back with our first..

To go with a rookie and a soft more CB as our 1 and 2 is mad ballzy

6. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Brandon Browner about to sign with NE.

7. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

there is a reason you haven't heard to much, because they aren't #1 cb's. We have a major need for a starting outside veteran cb...the only ones left on the board are Cro and DMC. by the way, nice pic.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would think even the FO Homers would be a bit shaken by that concept.

But don't underestimate the FO Homers here.

9. Geno Da Meano_

They may not be #1's but they're solid #2's... Both are veterans with Thurmond being in the league for 5 years and Brown in the league for 8 years. In my opinion it would be ridiculous to sign DRC right now considering he turned down $54 million from Denver. With that price tag he'll be on the market for a while. Also your pic is pretty sick as well.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I just mentioned Tarrell Brown in another thread. He seems like a guy to consider. Effective starter for the 49ers for several seasons

11. Geno Da Meano_

Definitely... He won't command a big contract as well.

12. JetFanInPA

Rotoworld reports that the 49ers offered him a 3yr/10M deal. I don't know THAT much about the guy, but from what I do know I'd probably at least match that.

I really wonder how highly the team thinks of Darrin Walls... Do they project him as a possible starter?

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL at those classy Patriots signing another troubled player. Browning will get booted for the year anyways. Captain is going to be gone and is useless to us. At this point it's DRC or nothing, IMO.

Maybe if we all donate enough money we can make a DRC billboard! That will surely convince Idzik. :p

14. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think I'm gonna pass out from not breathing now, but let me reiterate: no!

15. Geno Da Meano_

I've seen a lot of TB because I watch a lot of niner games and some things I could tell you are:

-High football IQ with great instincts.
    - Can get physical if need be.
    - Solid ball skills

Here's some footage from 2011... Not a lot of tape on him out there.

As far as Walls being a starter I could see it being a possibility but that doesn't mean they won't bring in insurance whether its through the draft or free agency. I mean the guys gonna be 26 in June so might as well see what you got.

16. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

There's more corners available that I thought . Most if not all would be stop gap players.
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ($$$)
    Tarell Brown
    Antonio Cromartie (hip)
    Walter Thurmond III
    Dimitri Patterson
    Jabari Greer
    Brandon Browner (4 game suspension) (not in top 4)
    Charles Tillman (wrong system)
    Cortland Finnegan
    Charles Rogers (vet)
    Champ Bailey (vet)
    Asante Samuel (vet)

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/13/domini...ly-turned-down-54-million-offer-from-broncos/

Looks like DRC turned down a 6 year $54 million dollar contract from the Broncos, before they signed Talib. That's a $9m a year contract. We'd probably have to give him 10. Is he really worth that much and will Idzik pay that much? He is solid and in the middle of his prime, however, so he could solidify the CB position for the next 3-4 years. He's clearly the best left on the board. His ability is probably about the same as Antonio prior to 2013, and he's younger. Hip injuries can linger. If I'm Idzik I might try to pull the trigger on this, now that higher bidding teams have locked up the other good expensive corners.

18. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Ok so what did we learn... this is not the year we get the long term solution at CB through free agency. Unless we over pay which is clearly not how Idzick plays ball. So I say we get a one year stop gap at whatever cost because it won't affect the cap going forward and we have the room. Then wait until next year to find the guy we like at the price we like. Signing a guy short term may actually be a good way to plan long term. There are plenty of stop gaps available and if we have to overpay who cares we have 40 mil in cap space with no long term affect if we sign a one year deal.

19. JetFanInPA

Nice. Sounds like a guy the Jets should really be looking into

20. Geno Da Meano_

According to Adam Schefter he just signed with the Raiders... One year $3.25 million and fully guaranteed... Maybe Idzik gets something done with DRC by the end of the weekend... Hopefully...