CBS Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Jun 20, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So I've been Commish of my Fantasy league for about 15 or 16 years and we have used nothing but Yahoo, but man, I can't take that website anymore. Compared to what is out there and the customization that other sites offer it seems like a no brainer to switch.

I've used CBS before but is it possible to use CBS without dropping the $149.99 on the website fee? Does the $149.99 give you anything special in terms of customization?

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

we used CBS for FFB for over a decade... prob starting around 2003. Site was convenient and easy to use, but my buddy was the commish and he started it all, so I dont really know what to compare it to (I once did a free espn one, and that was definitely worse)... being able to make your own frontpage stories bashing everyone one was fun.

but I dont know what it's like now, as few years ago I finally said fuck fantasy football... and dont regret it (I did win a few times and top 3 others.... it bought me some plane tickets to hawaii ;)

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I've never used CBS, but I'd imagine they would have a free version if you handle the league dues outside of the website. I've used ESPN the last 5-6 years for fantasy. I like their stat comparison and layout better than Yahoo.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

yeah we have always handled dues outside of the website, but I couldn't find anything in regards to how much more customization you get when paying the website fee. We have a 14 team league so it is only an extra $10/person so not to crazy.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Hopefully those extra features are worth it, because you can probable get similar features among the numerous free sites. It sounds like Yahoo is making a money grab.