Cassel can't be good right?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrankieJetFavreFan, Sep 9, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm sure fans are the only ones taking anything for granted. I'm confident Mangini & co will have them ready.

2. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure, and that is you are the Jet fans of old. "These aren't the Jets of old." :rofl: Really based on what? The fact that they barely got by a 1-15 team on the last play of the game? On the fact that they brought in a bunch of high priced Free agents no one else wanted? Base on the fact the Jets fans have been telling themselves this year will be differen't for 40 years? You go ahead and count your chickens before they hatch, hoping for a nice meal. :rofl:

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really so last season's results carry over into this season. Nevermind the fact that every single player who played for the Dolphins is still playing for them. And the entire coaching staff is the same too.

So what does that say for the Cheatriots who needed a dropped TD pass by Bowe and a missed PI call on Delta to avoid going to OT with the Chefs? Who very well may be the worst team in the NFL this year and certainly the most poorly coached. Oh BTW they went down the field on you twice with a back up QB.

4. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Yep, I"m sure Pace, Faneca and Jenkins were FAs no one else wanted.

5. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I want some interceptions to go nuts too. We are going to be throwing a lot of blitzs and this kid is going to fuck it up. If we beat them it would be a huge win for us and really ignite the team for the start of the season.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Do you really think Mangini is going to sit on his hands for this game? Broadway Brett is right. Fans taking a team for granted is one thing, but it's naive to think Mangini is going to take this game lightly.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You could not be more wrong. I NEVER jerk off tho the front pages! The sports is in the back!

8. Pride

Pride New Member

[​IMG]

9. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Grogan: You are so full of shit. The 01' Pats were ranked 6th in the NFL in both offense and defense. Hardly a team of cast-offs with the likes of Law and K. Faulk They were terribly balanced and Brady's production was rather modest that year. That team only got stronger and we still don't know if Brady is all that because he has never played on a mediocre team.

Are you one of those recent Pats fans? I guess that you are because you do not even know your own team. Of course you spell like a 6th grader so that may account for it.

10. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

If Cassel plays well, might he be the Jets QB next season?

11. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

No guarantee Brady's injury is fixable.

12. MrTibbs

MrTibbs New Member

HUH? Yeah that 2001 team was filled with all stars. So was that 2006 team Brady took to the AFC CHampionship with Gaffney and the other scrub as his starting WR's. John Elways was one of the most celebrated mediocre QB's outside of Joe Namath. He's had some of the worst Super Bowl performances in the history of the NFL. Get your facts straight dude.

13. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Tibbs: You got your blinders on DUDE. Read the post. I said the 01' team was excellent and they were, they were 6th on offense and 6th on defense. Brady threw for less than 3,000 yards, hardly impressive and he had only 18 TD strikes that year vs. 15 picks if I remember correctly. The later Pats SB winners were even better. Any good QB could win with those teams.

If Brady were mobile he would have won last Feb. Shit they should have hired Doug Flutie for that game at least he knows how to get out of the way and they would have had their 19-0 instead of 18-oh no.

The 2006 Patriots allowed only 237 points that year and were the second best in the league and Brady had nothing to do with that. Pretty spiffy when your a QB and a lot easier to win with a D that gives up 14.8 pts. per game.

So, Tibbs, tell me how a 01' team that is 6th in offense an 6th in D is not an excellent football team? Tell me how your surrounded by a "bunch of scrubs when your 2nd in the league? Statistics do not lie and I have them to back me up.

I expect you to run and hide or to tell me I am full of it without being either logical or precise.

14. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

And what do the pats fans do every year?? I bet you expected your team win a super bowl this year