Carl Lawson Update

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So... The hate In this thread for Carl Lawson Is outrageous, not to mention appalling.

Also.. Is anyone even considering scheme? What was being asked of him VS what he's being asked to do now... That type of stuff.

Did we forget the tear this kid was on last off-season?

IDK. Seems premature to be rubbing all this hate on a guy that will most likely have a very big impact on our defense when healthy.

I think I'll take the wait and see approach with this one..

I'm excited to see the kid play for us.. Personally. Yeah, I'm rooting for him.

He has an amazing personality too, I truly don't get all the hate.

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

That's not what he said though, right? He said Lawson is "not even that good". My interpretation of that is basically "not as good as some people are making him out to be". That's quite a bit different than "not a good player".

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

you are the reason people make fun of Jets fans ffs

[​IMG]

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Here is what he said:

I interpret that as he is not very good. Which is absurd. The bottomline is ignorant trolling posts are destroying this forum. They are destroying discussion and driving people away. This Bills poster drove one of better posters from the board with this statement. But losing NC is only a small drop in the water as to what these ignorant trolls are doing to the board. All thoughtful posts are drowned out by the insanity and it becomes pointless to read this board. I can fully understand why NC left as the board has become a children's playground where the lunatics rule and most threads have become cesspools.

#104 Noam, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  5. REVISion

NC left because people kept calling out his penchant for personally attacking anyone who disagreed with him, not because of trolls.

The Waterboy, FJF, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He left because he said this particular post saying that Lawson was not very good was absurd and then got yelled at by Brook. NC was right. Brook is a great moderator but there was no justification for yelling at NC.

7. REVISion

No justification for yelling at the guy who continually yelled at anyone who disagreed with him? Come on. Brook is also probably the nicest person on this board overall.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So Bills Over Jets got NC to finally leave the board?

Put that man in the Ring of Honor.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have no problem with agreeing with you that Brook is a great guy and that NCs behavior was not always good but this time NC was right and he did not deserve to be called out. But the larger issue is the ignorant troll posts. This board has become a cesspool dominated by ignorant trolls who derail thread after thread. NC might not have been liked by many but he did work and tried to make reasoned logical and thoughtful arguments which put him IMO well ahead of 99% of the posters here as he actually offered something of substance to the board. What is driving people from this board are the trolls destroying all discussion and drowning out all intelligent posts.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Lets see him take the field and then we can have an honest debate about his abilities.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

NC was not right because he did not address the statement made about Lawson and offer his own opinion or counter the one that had been made. The only thing he did was attack the poster. Brook did not "yell at him," he started by saying something like "Come on man" and said that he was tired of NC constantly attacking those who disagreed with him while telling him he was valued as a contributor.

For those wanting to judge for themselves the entire encounter in this thread began with post 15 and ended at 35 or 36.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I went back and read it and he didn't really say that. he was more saying along the lines of (summarizing) that through his career outside his rookie year he hasn't been that good of a player and he's been often injured. again with the fact most fans don't know players form other teams (I mean lets be real how many people here knew who carl lawson was before we signed him, not many) just looking at his stats and missed games it's nothing impressive. I've seen many people here pick stats to make dumb statements (I mean NC himself bragging about how accurate of a QB baker was in college soley based on completion % even when I showed him all the film of poor throws to wide open people) so is it really fair to call him a troll when the person calling him that has done the same thing? I'm not picking sides here I don't have any skin in the game, I'm just saying that bills over jets did the same thing that many other people here have done before and none of them were called trolls for it.

13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What about he ignorant fan postings?

I have no opinion either way but we want to get yours.

A few months ago (before FA) I mentioned the Jets wanting to play more 12 personnel.

I got into a 3 page “conversation” with someone adamant the Jets would not be playing more 12 personnel.

Fast forward 2 months and I remind the poster of that convo…. He denied it ever happened. I replied with highlighted posts of exactly what he said. He still denied it.

It’s hard to take a board seriously when many members come across as either hating the jets, completely clueless, or completely gutless.

Luckily this is an online message board so there’s no need to take anything seriously. It’s all for fun and if you’re not having fun, kick rocks.

#113 KingRoach, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Imagine you’re hanging out with the fellas talking shit and one of the fellas consistently says « You’re an idiot and here’s why » to everybody, then proceeds to dookie on you for 15 mins with an equally bad take. You’d kinda wouldn’t want to hang out with that guy after a while right?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That depends. Am I in Germany?

Not Sure and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

It seems if your hanging with the fellas and one has an equally bad take, quid pro quo and the fact that he’s one of the fellas suggests you and other fellas would then dookie on him and his bad take… talking shit… dookie on him… seems kinda par for the course.

Conversely, if your in class/ at work etc and the same thing happened, imo that’s a different situation.

Are the people on this board fellas you can talk shit with (your words) or should we all be on our best behavior?

Siderant:
    If you haven’t noticed, that’s kinda a problem with the entire online world. If someone says something outlandish, were they kidding or are they batshit. Batshit gets reinforced for their crazy beliefs and kidding get lambasted from people who believe they were serious. And our society gets worse with the crazy getting crazier and the once sane turning less sane every day.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We need to wait and see and don’t get too emotional about Carl.
    To say Carl was not that good, or was that good, or whatever, one would have to go back to his previous team and watched plenty of him. Unfortunately for us, even do he was tearing it up in practice, that is not an indication of what we will get in real games. I believe Carl’s story has not been written. Yet.
    I would venture to say, however, that many that have a strong opinion about Carl, mostly negative and mostly based on stats for sacks, probably didn’t even know who he was in depth, or actually watched a lot of his down and dirty on the trenches play on most downs.
    Thus, IMO, is not worth getting too worked up over an opinion or two or three most likely not based on depth of knowledge. BTW, as a point of reference, fans from his prior team if I remember correctly we’re not happy to see him go. So those opinions carry a little more weight with me.

#117 LAJet, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Lawson sucks... then Becton sucks.

Pepsiguy5, IDFjet and KingRoach like this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is not a love song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.