Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Old school teams actually win these days still. Hell, Niners last year even brought elements from the Wing T days, for crying out loud. QQ much?

2. Ryan is in fact evolving - or that's how I took it, when Marty Mornhinweg was appointed as the offensive coordinator. By now Ryan must have realized the tried and true winning formula from the offense: pass to score, run to win. [Funny - this is Erhardt/Perkins mantra, but I believe this sums up how the offense should operate, especially if that said offense operates within the context of elements.]

Hell, I am sure Ryan realized this sooner actually - this is clearly visible when Sanchez was given that much chances to fail in the name of opening up the playbook in 2011. Before that, Ryan's team was more of "three yards and a cloud of dust" team.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So what is your concern?

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on gospel truth.

Many on this board want change for change sake. Not sure we collectively know where the problem really lies. Perhaps blaming Rex now is the easy way out. We have consistently made short vision moves and wonder why we digress in the longer run.

How often have we mortaged the future personnel wise, trading precious draft choices for over the hill vets with bloated contracts. Players we then extend way beyond their value.

It's time to allow the tear down to continue, get rid of the "help me now mentality" and build from within with youth and long term vision.

3. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

WOW, last 30 years? PARCELLS, you know the guy just inducted into the hall of fame! This was one of the most incredible posts I have ever read. He is a mere 1 game better than EDWARDS who was pathetic, and the most conservative coach I have ever seen, and REX is starting to make HERM look like a HOF.
    How many times do I want to rebuild? AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES, and until we FIRE REX and CUT SANCHEZ, this franchise is doomed.

WOW, REALLY? Better than Parcells? INCREDIBLE!

4. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

What is your source on this? Who would be chasing Rex to be their HC??? For what reason?

5. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

Agreed, in the "new" NFL, you win with UP-TEMPO, HIGH OCTANE offense now, and even the RAVENS with FLACCO didnt start to consisitently win in the playoffs until they went no-huddle, high octane! The niners with KAEPERNICK are up-tempo high octane with the multiple looks, like the pistol, and read option.

If you said read option to REX, hed look at you like you have two heads in total bewilderment. His idea of high octane is a SANCHEZ shovel pass.

Now granted, trying to run any kind of multiple offense with the WORST QB in the league is tough enough but when your head coach cant even spell Pass if you spotted him the PAS, is death. REX thinks he can win every game 7-3! So SAD!

6. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

MONTREAL or SASKATCHEWAN!

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Parcells is an all time great HC BUT he walked out on us, cost us Belichick and gave us Groh. In the 4 years he ran things we won ONE playoff game at HOME, Rex in 4 years has won FOUR playoff games all on the ROAD.

8. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Keep rex!!!

9. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

LOL. Or maybe if they bring the XFL back.

10. nyjunc

Rex would have a great shot at being hired immediately and if not he'd have a new HC job w.in 2 years.

11. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

WOW, it was PARCELLS that cost us BELICCICK? What, Parcells DECIDES where Belichick goes? Cant Belichick make his own decisions?

And the post simply stated that RYAN was our best coach for the past 30 years. PLEASE look up PARCELLS won-lost record with the JETS and remember, this was after taking over a 1-15 team coached by our all-time worst coach RICH KOTITE, or are you also a KOTITE apologist and will aregue how great he was! WOW!

12. nyjunc

Parcells absolutely cost us Belichick. BB wanted to get out from under BPs shadow and BP wasn't even set to retire until he found out BB was talking to NE then he resigned kicking in the clause that made BB the HC,

BP took over a very talent 1-15 team, I appreciate what he did but that team had talent to work with. Rex has won more playoff games in NYJ history than any other HC, he's been our best HC of my lifetime and he wants to be here unlike BP or BB.

13. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

UH,OK, this post cannot be responded too logically so I will refrain!

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

holy shit....

15. nyjunc

look at the roster he inherited, the core of the team that went to the '98 title game was already on the roster.

Key
    Chrebet
    Anderson
    Brady
    Jumbo
    O'Dwyer
    Mo
    Marvin
    Glenn
    Coleman
    Green
    Cascadden
    Hamilton
    Mickens

that's a damn good group to start with, Parcells is not an idiot, he wasn't coming here if we had no talent.

16. BrowningNagle

Junc you might want to just drop it here. I know you like to argue but give me a break. I'm not going to do what you want me to and start picking apart those players / individual situations.

The fact of the matter is that to downplay a HOF coach, you are resorting to pointing out that he inherited a good team... a team that went 1-15... and won 4 games in 2 seasons... Is there really a sane argument to be had here? If that's not starting from the bottom I don't know what could be worse.

The mere fact that he taught those names how to play football is a attribute to the type of coach he is.

17. nyjunc

Try reading, I am not downplaying what he did. he is an all time great coach but the facts are he took over a team much more talented than their record.

18. BrowningNagle

Oh okay. I thought for a minute you said he took over a very talented 1-15 team. You weren't downplaying him at all then. Gotcha!

19. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

as much as i respect bill parcells, I also think he's very opportunistic guy and saw an underachieving team with capacity for more wins so he injected himself for the glory.

Rex on the other hand is just absolutely in love with this sport and this particular franchise. As far as I'm concerened, rex has a job for life and that continuity will help us to attract talent and build our brand.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Dude, just stop. Where is your source for Rex being too loyal? :lol: Where is your source for him becoming a DC next yet? You are just angry because Rex didn't start an injured crappy Tebow over Mark Sanchez. Let it go. Rex is a good coach. The only excuses people have against him are personality issues. On the football field he's a great motivator and brilliant defensive coach. Read the sig. The hate for Rex is unjustified. He's one of the few things we've done right in recent times.