Can't even blame this loss on Chad...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Russ Reign, Oct 22, 2007.

1. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

When you respond to idiotic posts like his, you give him more reason to keep making idiotic posts.

2. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

That was not a lob. Look at it. I just did, that throw was perfect and Coles was open but not wide open as he had a defender on his tail until he kicked into 4th gear about 10 yards from the end zone. It has to be one of the best passes I have seen Chad throw and complete in a long long time. Also, did anyone see Chad hit both Coles and Ryan directly in the bread basket before the ball was dropped by the reciever? One ball which had some zip too it even smacked Ryan in the face about 20 yards deep. I hated seeing that.

3. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

4) Protection wasn't good in the second half. A three man rush sacked him once and it wasn't like Chad was holding onto the ball.

4. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Your wasting your time, doesn't matter what CP does at this point, like many before him, he is being run out of town and his past success, is all but forgotten. I for one will be happy to see him sit so all the haters can STFU -- although watch him get blamed, even on the bench. I have only been on this board for a couple of years, I wonder if other Jets QB got this treatment as well, seems a bit harsh to me. I mean, I can see that he is struggling and the Jets have to look to the future, but jesus, some people treat him like he just killed a member of their family. Some other idiots just fabricate shit to make him look bad, it has gotten completely out of control. Like I said, I will be happy when he sits so I can stop reading the BS that spews about him on a daily basis, it's like beating a dead horse at this point.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

So like, what plays should Schott be calling with a guy that can't throw worth a shit past 15 yards? How many ways can you disguise the fade to the corner of the end zone. Chad throwing over the middle is like trying to beat a train on a tricycle. Too...damn....slow.

6. FatStupidLoser

Huh? Are we thinking about the same pass? The 50 yard in the air, on a line pass that hit Coles in the hands in stride? It wasn't 2 miles in the air and no pogo stick was required. It was a perfectly thrown pass, 50 yards in the air.
    The weak arm, can't stretch the field argument is a tub of crap. He doesn't have the stongest arm in the world, but its strong enough apparently. The problem is play calling.

7. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

Hey listen guys, I WANT KELLEN IN... I always have... I actually can't even stand Chad... I'm just being realistic in saying that this loss wasn't his fault... he didn't play that bad a game...

What plays should Schott be calling? How about THOMAS JONES, THOMAS JONES, and MORE THOMAS JONES? We have an athletic young center... pull him and run our supposed FEATURE BACK behind him... it works when we do it... what not do it more? And, by focusing more on the RUN, we will keep our HORRID defense off the field by eating more clock...

8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Bottom Line... do you want to blame the Defense for going 2 - 11 on third down conversions?

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That's a great plan, except their stacking the box or at least keep the short lanes covered. You have a guy that can't throw very far, and without a good line to run behind it just doesn't work out.

10. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

It's been WORKING tho, no? How manyt times has TJ been stopped for no gain? Two weeks ago, he went nuts... I actually think our O line is coming together a bit...

11. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

Jim Mora

Jim Mora said this on Game Day on the NFL Network last night: The NYJ are not a good football team. The Jets do not do anything well. Run, pass, defense. Pennington is not the whole problem, he's just part of the problem.

I agree with his comments on Pennington. He's not the whole problem.

Whether it's time for a quarterback change or not I am one of those rare fans that like Pennington. I just like his desire to play the game. He's a tough player. Yeah, his arm may not be that of a Super Bowl caliber QB, but he still plays with a lot of spirit and tries his best to help his team win.

If Clemens would come in, hey, i'd support him too. Whatever gives us the chance to win. I just think far too many times Pennington gets blamed. It's not all him. The O-Line needs to get stiffened, for one! TJ needs to be able to run the ball.

I'm just being honest on this board. I'm a Jets fan til I die, I just want to win! Losing just sucks anymore. Cannot stand it.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Good post. Most of us appreciate that about Chad and like him for that, but we know he's limited and want the change. Plus, we need to see what we have Kellen.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Strong words from a guy that couldnt get over the hump with Peyton Manning, and Edgerrin James...

He seemed to view it differently when it was his team....

14. zombo

zombo Member

it was a dead on pass. be fair at least.

15. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

4) the O-line cant hold the defender for any length of time. The defense is in his face almost instantaneously