Can anyone please help?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JerzeJets, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks DMarsh. I am gullible. I admit. Glad somebody is digging dip. Still can't decide if this is a scam or not. About family and friends. Maybe he was ashamed? But to you last point, I got no explanation.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I assumed when the wife had 100k in loans it had to do with a masters. Lots of people go for masters directly after receiving their bachelor's and I'll never understand the logic behind it... and being a recruiter for a while i have seen a lot of resumes of people in low level jobs with a master's and a mountain of debt. I would at least wait until you have a job in your profession before you start your masters, but that's just me.

The 2 questions I have are:

Why are you still 60k in debt for loans, if you have been paying consistently and during the pandemic, for a 4 yr college 10 years ago?

Do you have LinkedIn? Someone who is in dire straits to get ahead, I feel you would be obligated to have one.

Personally I think you are honest on your struggle, and hopefully just getting a little positive reinforcement via donations can help you get out of your rut. Beginning of covid i started drinking way too much, it got to me a little. But I feel like I'm getting out of the funk and hopefully you will soon as well.

#62 JackBower, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is a wild thread. I'm obligated to see the ending now...
    [​IMG]

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Wait he deleted his Linkedin?

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And the twitter is gone

7. HomeoftheJets

@JerzeJets I've got screenshots of everything else you might try to delete, so I recommend you don't try it. Instead, you should apologize to us and refund the money. Funny thing is I looked you up before I donated, saw the wedding, and donated anyway because I understand people can face unforeseen circumstances. But ghosting us and then trying to cover your tracks online is completely unacceptable. Just do the right thing, and we can all move on.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My initial reaction to this was wow harsh. Then I re-read and pretty much agreed with everything you said. Funny thing is that everyone who has ever discussed anything in the politics forums knows that I'm a strict shut the fuck up and pay your student debt off and don't complain about it kinda guy.

Haven't looked at this thread since and come back a couple days later to find this was a personal crowd funding scam. Most people have student debt (myself included) but it definitely seemed odd to be described as crippling as this guy made it seem. It's kind of like paying for gas. Sucks to make the payment the first two times when you're 16 and then you never think twice about complaining about making that payment again. I'm slightly younger but the payment amounts also made absolutely no sense comparing it to what I pay.

Good work man. Wish I looked deeper into this before tossing money away to an internet crybaby. Was trying to be nice.

#68 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wow...nothing is sacred these days. NOTHING.

nice detective work folks......perhaps the trump team could hire some of you.

DMarsh6 and Brook! like this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Toughest son of a bitch I ever saw.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You can't Hornet this board and get away with it.

Too many skip-tracers and bounty hunters in the audience.

12. HomeoftheJets

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

660$ isn’t a whole hell of a lot to “scam” people out of. I think the guy is embarrassed.

Though, sitting here right now, I’m glad I put 50 instead of the 500 I was about to.

Good luck Jerze. My offer of talking with you about the depression still stands even though you didn’t reach out like you said you would.

14. HomeoftheJets

I feel bad for him, but at the same time he should be embarassed. Not for the whole wedding thing; I even knew about the wedding before I donated and donated anyway. But because he had the nerve to change his name on the fundraiser thinking he could get one over on us. Anyway, maybe he doesn't want to post here again, I understand. But he's also perfectly capable of refunding everyone's money, and he hasn't done that. https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/203604214-How-Do-I-Refund-My-Donors- Also it's only $660 because he got busted; it could have easily been a lot more, especially since he set a goal of $30,000.

#74 HomeoftheJets, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    DMarsh6 and dawinner127 like this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hey guys, if you're still in the giving spirit, my homeowners and flood insurance went up a bunch this year, and I need some major plumbing work done on the house..... plus I'd really like to buy a boat.... and maybe a new truck

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Toughest son of a bitch I ever met.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  17. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Wow, just, wow. Some folks have zero integrity.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon man, that was harsh..... I've been driving the same truck for 20 years.

19. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

My intuition was telling me that this was all too good to be true. I couldn't trust it, and I guess I'm glad I didn't take the plunge and donate after having my heartstrings tugged at.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

The goal was changed to $1000. I can't get over this guy. Wtf was/is he thinking? Did anyone report it yet?

abyzmul and HomeoftheJets like this.